S43 Champs THEEEEEEEEEESE CONDORS!

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Matt4for4, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Matt4for4

Matt4for4 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    matt4for4#0
    Ratings:
    +322 / 8 / -12
    S43 will be a season that I personally will never forget..... I GOT PAST THE FIRST ROUND!!!!! I am extremely proud of this team. The discord was good vibes all season long and every single person on this squad put the team first over individual accomplishments. We took almost the longest path possible to get through the playoffs playing three game 7s the last three series and going 6 games in the opening round. Every time a line would lose the next line up stepped up time and time again. During the playoffs i think collectively my entire line's most memorable game occurred in game 6 of the Western Conference Finals. We were down 4-0 with 3:08 left in the game facing elimination. Then the unthinkable happened and 2 1/2 minutes later the game was tied 4-4 with Knifevet making quick work of the situation in OT. After that game I believe the entire team knew nothing was going to stop these Condors from winning the whole thing. (Except for razor who left the discord with 8 minutes left in that game and Piet giving the line of "hey it was a good season :laugh:). We had to overcome some unfortunate circumstances during the season with Manning going silent hours after the trade deadline and Best being banned 1 hour before the game 5 of the Calder Cup finals, but this team showed perseverance at every step along the journey. With that being said we were also blessed to have a send down in Cj join the team mid-way through the season. Without further ado I'll start talking about these beauties individually

Stepbr0vi Line: 9-1-1 Winning three game 7s

First off, we got to start the Captain of the team, the MVP of the team, the Alpha of the AHL @KnifeVet22 . I was hesitant to take a team this season but when KnifeVet22 approached me about being my agm the decision to take a team was a no brainer. This guy was the perfect agm in every way possible and that may be an understatement. KnifeVet22 was very active in the team discord chat and the team management chat all season long he was providing very useful insight to the management team and was just sending positive vibes consistently in the team chat. If a line ever needed a body to fill for warmups Knife was there and was helping gather the line together. This guy was also making builds left and right for everyone on the team. Doing everything he could to help everyone improve their game. On the ice, he was as dominant of a player i personally ever got to witness in game. Every team knew the offense would flow through Knifevet22 and every team couldn't do a damn thing to stop this man. In game chat always positive vibes and you could tell when the pressure games were coming down to the wire the inner demon came out and Knife would take over. Knife I can't thank you enough for this season and everything you did, except maybe giving half the team the bird flu.....

Next up we got the pagm @Iv 0VI vI . I know I said Knifevet22 was a good vibes guy, but Ovi was on a different level than anyone I have ever played LG with when it came to positivity. Ovi can talk anyone's ear off and in saying that always keep it positive, which now a days is extremely rare to see. I didn't know Ovi very well before this season and I can say it's been an absolute pleasure to get to know him and I am honored to call this man my friend now. Ovi could make anyone in the party laugh in an instant. He was a camping enthusiast when it came to putting up tents every time a game 7 was about to be played. Ovi had Danger Zone going before each game 7 and we won 3 straight of them and a big part of the reason was because of him. Ovi had great chem with Knifevet all season, but still playing a great 200-foot game. He was the leader on the ice when it came to adjustments and calling out plays. Late in the season Ovi switched to the BIG tipper build and it just opened up many more avenues for our line to score even though Ovi knew his personal production may take a dip by switching to grinder but again Ovi would be the team first. Thanks for everything this season Ovi!

@mashotpa. Speaking of team first guy, here is another one. Mash was thrilled to slip through bidding at a great price of $750,000 after playing in the Nhl. What he did not expect was to be playing on the 3rd line for the entire season and the first week of the playoffs. Did he cry about it? No. Did he post in the team discord about it? No. He put all ego aside for the team and played his ass off all season. The Christmas break was a blessing for the Condors, at the beginning of the break Mash and I spoke and came up with the idea of trying to play left-handed and come up and join the stepbr0vi line at Rw. That is when the line hit a new gear and started to steam through the playoffs winning 3 game 7s. I felt every goal Mash scored in the playoffs was a HUGE goal including 2 OT winning goals and the GWG in game 7 if the Finals. You're a Beauty Mash!

@Sir Shacklet0n I did not know you at all before bidding but 0vi could not shut up about what a stud of a dman you are. And he was 100% correct! I felt we knew where each other was going at every spot of the ice all season, I couldn't have asked for a better d partner to play with (even though we were separated for 3 weeks due to availability). Shack wasn't a huge talker but communicating when it was needed. Shack was a 2 on 1 Killer, the amount of odd man rushes this guy defending flawlessly was mind boggling. I tried my best to get a better skater rating than shack all season but as 0vi would always tell me "Shack is too POWERFUL". Thanks for a great season Shack!

OG LINE 6-0-2

This line outplayed the opponent every game this postseason and had two bad luck OTLs. But in both series where the stepbr0vi line lost a game this line stepped up and went 2-0

@razorgods has some of the nastiest thumbs in the game and somehow doing it all on 60-70 ping. We acquired razor at the deadline as we were looking for a goal scorer winger and did, we hit the jackpot. Razor led all skaters in playoff goals with 16 with only getting 2 games each series. Just an absolute stud when it comes to the LT and finishing. Razor rarely speaks a word in game but is a huge discord presence. Crank that meter up RAZOR!!! ;)

@OG Mr ProdiGy another great guy here. Just an all-around great player, wanted to play Lw this season but when the manning ban came down OG stepped up and manned the C spot for this line. OG also became one with the tipper build to add an extra dynamic to the line. With that being said, this guy has some serious internet connection issues. My man is playing on Wi-Fi, we had multiple guys offer to send him some cables to hardwire up :laugh:. Even with very spotty internet Og still was playing at a very high level. Happy to give you the ability to cup check! Great season OG!

@Pablo I26I my good friend for a few seasons now. I have played with Pablo 3 of the last 4 seasons but this time our team was actually good :D. Happy to get you your first cup so you can get your IRL friends to be quiet! Another great guy here and can score in all ways imaginable. Pablo decided to ditch us for Jamaica in the semis but came back refreshed and ready to go and had a very strong finals showing posting 9 points. PABLOS PIZZAS no more!

@Tye x I72I was just a Stud on the LD spot for this line. Tye exceeded every expectation I had going into the season and just became an absolute pillar for this line. Weather it was playing great defense with his extremely good skill stick or getting the offense going up the ice with flawless breakouts. The amount of dms I had this season regarding acquiring tye was almost in the triple digits. Another great person as well here. Can't say enough good things about ya Tye!

@ItssCJ- was assigned to us after being waived in the Nhl mid-way through the season. It was a huge boost to the team; Cj is excellent with the puck and entering the zone. I was happy to hear when he joined us that he was all in for Bakersfield and he proved it all season. Cj became one of the biggest supporters of the team as the season went on and gave the OG line an extra element that really completed the line. Cj also crushed me in esports but I still love ya!

The line of a million names 1-5-2

@sxdz l93l was a call up from a first-place team in the CHL after manning took a ban. He wanted to stay in the C being a huge part of one of the best lines in the league in the C. But once the call up with official he put that all aside and was 100% in for this team. Sxdz played Lw and C for us throughout the season and playoffs and was willing to do whatever it took to help the team out. Thank you for everything this season.

@Kopi played on every single line throughout the season. I feel like I keep repeating myself but another guy who did whatever the team needed. Kopi started out as the 2C then went to the 1Rw then centered and played Rw on this line. I know it was a tough season for you Kopi but I want to thank you for sticking it out and keeping the party chat in good spirits through some tough times. I was convinced your line was going to bring home the cup. The boys were buzzing in game 6. One season I will have you on a good line and a good team. Thanks for the insights throughout the season.

@Edenheart was acquired via trade a few weeks into the season. Just an all-around solid player who can fill in any role that is needed. Eden stepped up to play with the OG line while Pablo was on vacation and played extremely well. Eden is a pretty quiet guy but again always staying positive. As 0vi would say "eden plays like a bot, he doesn't make mistakes".

@PietrangeIo was acquired at the deadline to help bolster this line. Originally before the unfortunate manning ban this line was poised to do some big damage but things just never got back on the track. I talked to Piet many times during the run, and he was always asking what he or his line could do different to get better. It showed you cared and just wanted to help this team get a cup. And guess what, you can 2x cup check now Piet!

@Best x 14 sadly took a ban 1 hour before the final night of the season. I thought when you did play you did very well with the puck, I would just say work on those communication skills and don't let the community get to you!

Goalie lives matter.

@I Cheevers I 7-2-4 .821 didn't have a ton of luck in the playoffs especially when it came to the overtime session! But Cheevers game got better and better as the playoffs went on. Cheevers became the #1 goalie down the stretch of the playoffs and won game 7 in the conference finals and calder finals. Easily could have had 10 wins this postseason if my man had an ounce of luck in his body. Cheevers was a goalie a gm absolutely loves. He was 12/12 all season long and was willing to warmup anytime a line needed him to tend the pipes even if he wasn't playing that night. Plus, he was one of the very few who would stream for these condors. Cheevers is extremely competitive and i love that about him. Great Season Cheevers, couldn't have done it without you!

@Chl Mac.... i mean @TRMC BIGMAC 9-4-1 .716 Knifes go to man when it comes to goalies. I know you didn't have the playoffs you were hoping for but did make the saves when needed to still get 9 wins. Big Mac was another team first guy and put his ego aside and stepped up and said Cheevers deserves game 7 in the conference finals. Again, putting the team first, I know it's been a tired theme at this point but i can't overstate it enough. Big Mac was another guy with a big discord presence and got the discord active. 2-time champ!

I can't go without not thanking all the TCs that I spammed throughout the playoffs. I think I talked to almost everyone in my tc about either playing a game or being on standby. I know the team didn't get a win in the playoffs with a tc in the lineup, but I just want to thank all of you for willing to help the team out and not make me stress out of my mind. Here is the list of guys that played or were ready to play. sorry if i missed anyone! @Thurkyyy @Renaud x 21 @AngelicLlama306 @RtC21 @LG McDonald @MelvinTheMoose @bigkahuna03 @bcusitsthecup

With that being said thanks to all the bogs, especially @SlowGazzelle @aCanadianGamer for the help throughout the season and to all the managers in the A this season. Toxic level was very low all season and the season was very competitive.

THEEEEESE CONDORS ARE TOO POWERFUL!!!!!!!!!! S43 CHAMPS!!! CUP CHECK!!!!
    :team515::team515::team515::team515::team515::team515::team515::team515::team515::team515::team515::team515::team515::team515::team515::team515::team515::team515::team515::team515::team515::team515::team515::team515::team515::team515::team515::team515:

• Winner Winner x 33
    • Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. razorgods

razorgods Well-Known Member

Discord:
    razorgods#0
    Ratings:
    +175 / 5 / -18
    :team515::team515::team515::team515::team515:

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    RazorgodsTV
  3. King Ryne

King Ryne Well-Known Member

Discord:
    KingRyne#1762
    Ratings:
    +154 / 12 / -25
    Congats boys, well done!

• Like Like x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    KingRyne
  4. ItssCJ-

ItssCJ- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    itsscj1#0
    Ratings:
    +138 / 9 / -36
    Cup check

• Winner Winner x 7
    No Streaming Account
  5. I Cheevers I

I Cheevers I I Cheevers I

Discord:
    icheeversi#0
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    CONDORS BABY!

• Winner Winner x 6
    No Streaming Account
  6. Sir Shacklet0n

Sir Shacklet0n Well-Known Member

Discord:
    sirshacklet0n#0
    Ratings:
    +25 / 4 / -9
    Great season! Condors!! Cup check! :team515:

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Pwnologistz

Pwnologistz Tyler

Discord:
    Pwn#6589
    Ratings:
    +246 / 29 / -33
    Not readin all that. Happy for you, or sorry to hear that

• Funny x 11
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Get Good x 1
    • Informative x 1
    Navigating Menus
    Pwnologistz
  8. GRITTY 16

GRITTY 16 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    GRITTY 16#3281
    Ratings:
    +157 / 8 / -22
    Happy to see some of the boys get their cup! Congrats guys

• Like Like x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Tyezeh

Tyezeh Well-Known Member

Discord:
    tyezeh#0
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -1
    These Condors! Cup Check! :team515:

• Winner Winner x 3
  10. JC Enterprise

JC Enterprise Well-Known Member

Discord:
    JC Enterprise#2601
    Ratings:
    +549 / 46 / -41
    Couldn’t be more happy for you

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    XxFireHeartsxX
  11. Raceboy77

Raceboy77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 2 / -4
    congrats guys! great series :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    Raceboy77
  12. sxdz l93l

sxdz l93l Well-Known Member

Discord:
    cedouzz#0
    Ratings:
    +52 / 3 / -16
    1-5-2 cup check :team515:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    cedouzz
  13. Mr WorldWlde 69

Mr WorldWlde 69 LG Mcdonald is the best!

Discord:
    Mr WorldWlde 69#5585
    Ratings:
    +2,300 / 563 / -1,177
    It doesn’t say that when u get it next to ur name in the SB all year baby!!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
    No Streaming Account
  14. Pylon_5858

Pylon_5858 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -5
    Good season Matt & Ovi good job carrying knife all season

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Troll Troll x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. LemeIin

LemeIin COMPUTERIZED | #73 |

Discord:
    Lemelin#1461
    Ratings:
    +863 / 31 / -42
    I love the passion in this thread. We need more owners like this in LG.

Congratulations to you @Matt4for4 and the rest of the Condors

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    LemeIin
  16. Matt4for4

Matt4for4 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    matt4for4#0
    Ratings:
    +322 / 8 / -12
    Thanks Lem

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. Mr WorldWlde 69

Mr WorldWlde 69 LG Mcdonald is the best!

Discord:
    Mr WorldWlde 69#5585
    Ratings:
    +2,300 / 563 / -1,177
    get good shitter go play with johnny superbman

• Funny Funny x 6
    No Streaming Account
  18. MAGZ I3I

MAGZ I3I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    magz_3#0
    Ratings:
    +345 / 1 / -11
    Great job @Matt4for4 and the rest of the Condors! Enjoy it

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. TITO JAKS0N

TITO JAKS0N BETTER CENTRE THAN YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE

Ratings:
    +283 / 48 / -68
    congrats for sure boys, glad to see ovi finally got one, too bad most people didnt read any of that book you wrote, but we got the point lmao. great szn condors

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. a1xFREAKx13

a1xFREAKx13 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    a1xFREAKx13#5407
    Ratings:
    +1,168 / 18 / -72
    Congrats @Matt4for4 congrats on your cup. Couldnt have happened to a nicer and more deserving guy.

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account