S23 AHL East Management Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by iCarbeen, May 7, 2023.

1. xCarbeen

xCarbeen S11 Mem Cup Champion

Discord:
    xcarbeen#0
    Ratings:
    +1,310 / 99 / -206
    Eastern Conference

:team777: Belleville Senators :team777:

@xBeanZy- and @uStooPiiD come off a 34-42-6 season, finishing 14th place in a tough Eastern Conference. They're bringing back some good resigns in @Fluri37 and @Striznizz. I expect the Senators to take a few steps forward this season and compete for a bottom playoff spot.

Rating: C-

:team393: Charlotte Checkers :team393:

@xFoerster52 steps down leaving the team to @Cokenetsxv and @jojodevil91 who will look to build off their second half of S22, which saw them as one of the best teams in the league. Great resigns by them this offseason with @Fonz8981 being one of the best value contracts since the start of the cycle.

Rating: A-

:team299: Grand Rapid Griffins :team299:

@MikeTysonzTiger- is coming off a bit of a down season with Hartford but that seems to be an outlier as he is traditionally a very strong AHL player, he teams up with @AKmatic_47 coming off of a Calder Cup with the Cuda. Going into bidding with 4, very good defenseman in summer season bidding should set this team up for early success.

Rating: B+

:team778: Laval Rocket :team778:

@Too_frenchy4you returns to the Rocket, finishing in 10th place last season, only 6 points out of a playoff spot, he's partnered with @TaPoisse28 and @XpetitXpatron creating a solid management team of good AHL players. They've spent $12M already, but their resigns are worth their contracts in my opinion, setting this team up for a run at the playoffs this season.

Rating: C

:team352: Providence Bruins :team352:

@balllzii upgrades from AGM to GM as @relkug_ steps down, his partner will be @HeelHook_ who spent last season in the NHL going 14-12-2 and 43 points, respectable for spending half the season on a bad Washington team. They resign @rzerk who is one of the better goalies in the AHL. I think the contract on @cococamp15 is a little rich, but I don't mind teams overspending on D before summer season bidding.

Rating: B-

:team312: Rochester Americans :team312:

Vanity swapping from Iowa, @Jyuhnn and @Distraqted come off a 104 point season with the Wild, losing in the Western Conference Finals. Their resigns are fantastic with @Ehtea and value contracts in @x-Mxrphy-8 & @Lummyb. They'll be one of the contenders again this season, but they do have to find 6 defenseman in bidding which is not ideal.

Rating: A-

:team309: Syracuse Crunch :team309:

@Snaakezy partners with @Baari_- and newly acquired @Chxlked in a trade with the Hershey Bears to build off on his 95 point effort in S22 which saw them squeak in as the 8th seed and take the Chicago Wolves to Game 7. Resigning @Danyironland and @Nash92_ gives them two value contracts heading into bidding.

Rating: C+

:team298: Toronto Marlies :team298:

@DeeJayCWL and @Cxxfield- take the Marlies with less than 30GP combined in the AHL. A team many people have penned to finish last, it's hard to make an argument against it at this current time. They were not able to get anybody to resign yet at the time of writing. Deejay had 40 points last season in the CHL with the Kitchener Rangers.

Rating: F

:team315: Bridgeport Islanders :team315:

@Persinger92 teams up with @Userpic1306 to try and bring Bridgeport back into the playoffs. Persinger was part of a very bad Gulls team last season, but still managed to score almost 70 points. They were able to get @RedxDevilx44 to resign which is a good value contract, it'll be interesting to see how the Islanders do this season.

Rating: C+

:team395: Chicago Wolves :team395:

@X-ShoreySzn-X, @MyNamesMino and @ImFidelCashflow come into the season as the returning North Champions. They will be without Poolzy this season as he ended up getting a ban in the playoffs. Historically one of the better teams in the AHL. They bring back solid resigns in @Serpe x 13 and @Swwman as they'll go into bidding only needing one center. I expect these guys to contend like always.

Rating: A

:team317: Cleveland Monsters :team317:

@THXMY_x_55 comes back to the AHL after making a joke of CHL defenseman last season between the Otters and the Ice. His best AHL season was S15 where he had 112 points, so the potential to carry a line has been proven before. He partners with @EDauntless which is an incredible grab. I expect the Monsters to be one of the better "new" management groups this season.

Rating: B-

:team314: Hartford Wolf Pack :team314:

@Big_gren moves from the Thunderbirds to the Wolf Pack, bringing with him @MrAbrams1994 and @SgtAndyBoy, AndyBoy being one of the better AHL centers the last few seasons. Their management core is very strong. They've already spent $14.5M with their resigns, their resigns are good but it will leave a lot less wiggle room going into a usually inflated summer bidding. Hartford is one of the better teams built so far in the off season.

:team350: Hershey Bears :team350:

@iCarbeen and @x-Dan92 team up together, having played many seasons together. Carbeen being one of the only goalie managers in the AHL, will have to will this Bears team to some games if they want to be competitive. Dan will be playing his second full time season in the AHL, with a respectable 50+ points his first season. Only being able to get one resign, leaves them with lots of cash, but a lot of holes to fill.

Rating: D+

:team302: Lehigh Valley Phantoms :team302:

@Fmoham6627 takes over the Phantoms coming off of a Memorial Cup in S22 with the Sudbury Wolves, as tradition, most of them get moved up to the AHL if they want to keep managing a team. He brings on @Pretty I29I who played very well for his Wolves team. Resigning @parky_8 at $1.5M I think is a very good starting point for this team as he's a stud.

Rating: D+

:team410: Utica Comets :team410:

@MrManuk comes back to Utica after a 104 point S22 in which saw them finish third in the East. Bringing on @Joshrg23 as the AGM for this season is a big acquisition as Josh knows how to put the puck in the back of the net at this level. Utica is set up very well going into bidding due to their strong resigns and already have 6 FWD/D's on their roster. I expect the Comets to be very strong once again.

:team301: WBS Penguins :team301:

@Mrlolchico13 comes back to the Baby Pens after losing out in G7 in the Calder Cup Finals, he'll be looking to win one more game this season and complete the job. @Gillerx17 on AGM is one of the best centers in the AHL and resigning @twnsPepsi in my opinion at $1M is a steal of a contract. Expect this team to be a contender for the Calder again.

Rating: A-​

• Winner Winner x 16
    • Like Like x 1
    carbeentv
  2. Persinger92

Persinger92 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bushx92#0
    Ratings:
    +297 / 23 / -29
    You have no idea how high I can fly

• Winner Winner x 5
    persinger92
  3. MikeTysonzTiger-

MikeTysonzTiger- Defense don't matter

Discord:
    miketysonztiger#0
    Ratings:
    +311 / 10 / -43
    Good deep dive on the information aspect.

• Old Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. SgtAndyBoy

SgtAndyBoy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    sgtandyboy#0
    Ratings:
    +298 / 0 / -22
    How does Hartford management have a combined 3 Calders, and a returning line with over 100 points (not including any free contracts) only a B

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    sgtandyboy11
  5. xCarbeen

xCarbeen S11 Mem Cup Champion

Discord:
    xcarbeen#0
    Ratings:
    +1,310 / 99 / -206
    You have the third highest grade, give me a break.

carbeentv
  6. aCanadianGamer

aCanadianGamer Rhaenyra did nothing wrong

Ratings:
    +403 / 12 / -39
    No Streaming Account
  7. DeeJayCWL

DeeJayCWL WASHED

Discord:
    deejaycwl#0
    Ratings:
    +50 / 1 / -9