S23 AHL West Management Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by iCarbeen, May 8, 2023.

1. xCarbeen

xCarbeen S11 Mem Cup Champion

Discord:
    xcarbeen#0
    Ratings:
    +1,309 / 99 / -206
    Western Conference

:team625: Colorado Eagles :team625:

@BANDIT V HXC takes control of the Colorado Eagles fully after being their AGM last season. He brings in @Mawson_99 who has a respectable record in the AHL. They resign @Noblood777 which to be honest is better than nothing, but not a needle mover for me.
    Rating: C-

:team362: Iowa Wild :team362:

@SKT_Shady has had a fantastic AHL career, but the last time he managed his Chicago Wolves crashed and burned. He partners with @NoScxpe96, they were together on a very good Abbotsford team in S18 and I like their chances this season. Acquiring @Pono92- in a trade is a very good offseason move. I think this team will surprise and be one of the top teams in the West.

Rating: B+

:team307: Manitoba Moose :team307:

The Meese are going to be Beasts. @Coryl95l, @xWaggu and @Couture53 team up once again and honestly have one of the best management track records as a group in the AHL. They have amazing resigns in @xLeafs33 and @The_Blind_Ref and are already setup to be one of the best teams in the league. I believe they'll contend with the Cuda all season long for tops in the West.

Rating: A-

:team390: Milwaukee Admirals :team390:

@Sxlkey and @xX1_Stxtzle_8Xx are back after an incredible 53-17-12 S22 and honestly, this team knocked it all of the park in the offseason. All of their resigns are fantastic contracts and great players, setting this team up for early success and will likely continue their dominance from S22. I fully expect this team to be top 5 in the west, easily.

Rating: B+

:team349: Rockford Icehogs :team349:

I really like this management team, @xMids-_-, @xFIow-_- under @Morrow_2867 is one of the strongest management groups in the entire AHL, they were able to resign some amazing forwards in @DMacDabs_ and @Mxrcer_-. They vanity swap from Abbotsford last season, where to be honest, they kind of underperformed. I expect them to be a lot more competitive this season.

Rating: B

:team617: Springfield Thunderbirds :team617:

Despite myself getting glowing recommendations from @Jacob I am able to look passed that and make an unbiased review. @Nolan_M-30 led the Moose last season to a good regular season record, unfortunately losing to Iowa in the playoffs. @Broberg_86 is a cheap $1M contract that makes sense, but they could've done a lot better than @Jacob for the other one. I like that they already have 3 defenseman going into bidding.

Rating: B-

:team300: Texas Stars :team300:

@Tims-FarmersWrap has not had the best start to his AHL career, but getting @Crowe x 43 in as management is a big gain for this team, then they kind of ruin it by bringing in @Primetimme. Despite Romey's personal record (which isn't even that bad, he's had two good seasons and two horrible seasons). He put his Rochester Americans last season into the playoffs with a 49-28-5 record. This team has the ability to squeak in.

:team618: Tucson Roadrunners :team618:

@Buckleyx14 once again comes back with the meeps, teaming up with @xvSleep and @Givens43, despite Givens being always open and potting in 50+ genos last season. Buckley hasn't had the best track record in Tucson. Currently with no resigns (which may be a good thing for them) a fresh start is hard to predict off of. As much as I love these guys personally, they'll be facing an uphill battle in a very hard Western Conference.

Rating: C+

:team2050: Abbotsford Canucks :team2050:

@Mxzzin is one of the better defenseman in the AHL, he has spent his last two playing season in the NHL, so in my opinion, he's a very good grab for @GhostxBearx. They currently have no resigns at the time of writing, so it's a fresh start for the Canucks. I think Mxzzin will be able to quarterback his own line, but they have a lot to build in bidding.

:team515: Bakersfield Condors :team515:

@jjdomZ put the Sondors into the playoffs last season as the 6th seed and will partner with @Nash--61 to try and do it again. They've already lost their other management partner in KCisGoat but the resigned forwards they have sets them up good early. I actually believe them losing KC is a blessing in disguise for this team and expect Domz to keep his locker room together and have a good season.

:team2356: Calgary Wranglers :team2356:

@GonzoArmstrong has stuck this Wranglers team near the top of the standings ever since acquiring them a few seasons ago. I like the pickups of @GhostMK and @VoltageFusion as they have been a dynamic duo for some time. @Holland98x adds a nice touch to a team that is going into bidding with 6 forwards already. Calgary will likely have another great season.

Rating: A-

:team1099: Coachella Valley Firebirds :team1099:

@Hxrdie- is going to be looking to build upon last season which saw his Firebirds post a 38-33-11 record. It doesn't make much sense to me that he brings in @Randymarsh2012 who's below .500 in his career as a manage when he likely could've got him in bidding for minimum, but it's only a 500K overpay so shouldn't be too bad. I think this team will once again battle for a playoff spot, but may be on the outside looking in.

:team1475: Henderson Silver Knights :team1475:

@Beauregard03 and @JimmyGx89 partner up to control the Baby Knights. Jimmy doesn't have the biggest track record behind him on PSN, but did play 200+ games on XBOX at the NHL level (albeit it two years ago). They are going to be a team that is hard to predict, but I think they'll build a team that can compete for a playoff spot.

Rating: C

:team517: Ontario Reign :team517:

@ZestyDucks- put his Bears out of the playoffs last season with a 32-42-8 record and I don't know if they'll be much better this season in a very hard Western Conference. @Malbom30 is a fantastic player and @Frizyal8er is a decent resign despite being $4M, but this team is facing an uphill battle.

Rating: C-

:team518: San Diego Gulls :team518:

San Diego has always been kind of a meme organization in the AHL and while they won't be that this season. I'm not sure the ceiling of this team is all that high. @Jlm1410 made a good decision getting @Mgiroux who has been a fantastic AHL player, but I don't think this team will get it done in a very tough conference, although they'll be better than the worst teams.

:team519: San Jose Barracuda :team519:

The defending champions are the defending champions for a reason, although I do think it's a bit redundant that @Mythic_Shadow9 gets to come back on a free contract despite winning 2 of the last 3 Calder Cups, feel like it's time to force some of these guys up and while @Bsavage28 did that a few seasons back, the Cuda were able to continue their winning ways and win it all again in S22. Management group and great resigns means this team will likely be once again the team to beat in S23.

Rating: A+​

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    carbeentv
  2. VeryKnies23

VeryKnies23 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    veryknies#0
    Ratings:
    +126 / 2 / -3
    Thanks for the media, Carbeen! <3

No Streaming Account