Post Deadline Media

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by xGenzy-_-, Jul 7, 2023.

1. xGenzy-_-

xGenzy-_- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xgenzy_#0
    Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -4
    Greetings friends,

As we all love to read a bit of media in our spare time, I decided to go over each team and my predictions for remainder of the season. This is all opinion based! Glad to see there is some good competition throughout most of the league and plenty of chances for a team to hop into the playoffs Hope you enjoy! Thanks for reading and good luck to everyone the rest of the way!

1. :team14: Washington Capitals (37-16-2, 76 Points) - I will try not to be biased here as this is my team. Not many people expected this team to perform like this. The top two lines are playing at a high level and continue to put up wins. Loops has made one trade this season, and that was to try and upgrade the 3rd line by sending blaisisonfire to the Penguins for BigLappy. I think this is a good move to try and spark that line and find some more goal scoring. I believe in the saying "if its not broke, don't fix it". Too many times you see a top team make a trade that doesn't gel with the team and things fall apart quickly. I'm happy Loops is letting it continue without any major shakeups.

Prediction: Let's hope this vacation doesn't ruin the momentum that this team has had all season. With that said, I don't see this team slowing down and will be in contention for a finals appearance. GO CAPS GO :team14::team14:

MVP: Hyper

2. :team20: Ottawa Senators (31-19-5, 67 Points) - Toslick, you and I definetely don't see eye to eye. But you have built a quality squad over there this season. Zincy by far has been your best GM in awhile. Zincy, Mhook, CorSnortzky, absolutely ruined my calder chances in S17 when they were with the Marlies. Looks like they are up to their normal winning selves as a line in the N. My man manki, one of the nicest guys I have ever had the chance to play with in LG. He hasn't had the best season thus far, but he will show up come playoff time.

Prediction: Will make playoffs as long as Toslick keeps himself on a 3rd line. I don't think they will make it past the first round, even if they win their division and get the 2nd seed. The defense seems suspect and will hurt them come playoffs.

MVP: GoNicsGo95

3. :team27: New York Islanders (33-15-7, 73 Points) - For how long I've known MT, he always builds a competitive team. This season is no different, as he is a top team in the league yet again. Adding Viperz at lw was a great addition. Guy is a big time scorer and should lead the way in that department the remainder of the season. They have one of the better D-cores in the league. Acey, J-Yardy, and yurlocal-shooter are all top end dmen. Great positionally, control the breakouts, and know when to jump up in the play. They seem to have Washington's number! Good luck the rest of the way MT!

Prediction: This team will go deep into the playoffs as I believe they match up well against any team. Will be a tough out in the playoffs.

MVP: Aceyx76

4. :team7: New Jersey Devils (33-21-1, 67 Points) -Ah my good friend Memory. No surprise he is one of the better teams in the league once again. Made a few changes at the deadline that maybe can jump start this team to push for #1 seed. Poor Terryoh, best content creator in all of LG and mem says goodbye, I may never forgive him for that. Looks like he has 5 Centers on his roster? I'm assuming chokey is going back to the wing and one of the new comers as well? Will be interesting to see how the lines play out. I personally don't like the d-core on the team. Sure, Sahzy has 30 points, but he is only a +7. He may win the Norris this season, but it is definitely not for his defensive play. Sevy hasn't played up tho his standards yet this season. I believe the lack of ability to trap and Sah wanting to jump up and play 4th fwd will be the downfall in a playoff series for this team. I wish them well as I am a huge fan of Mem, Bomb, Sah, Bred, and Bail. Bunch of good characters in that locker room.

Prediction: Will make playoffs. Won't make it past 2nd round. Lack of Defense will burn them.

MVP: Bombxass

5. :team74: Carolina Hurricanes (31-19-5, 67 Points) - Bwubzz has built a very good team. If i'm not mistaken, a lot of people had this team predicted to win it all in the preseason. Correct me if I'm wrong on that. Making a move for Doranz was great. He will jump up in the play and be a 4th forward, but he is a very good player nonetheless. ItssCJ was a solid pick up as well. Juicy!! my man is an elite dman and I'm happy to see him do so well the last couple seasons. I have played with Cappin the last few weeks in esports and he is a very solid RW. Smitzey is another great contract. I don't see much when it comes to weaknesses on this team? Maybe G? Good luck to these guys and hope they keep heating up.

Prediction: Compete for a finals appearance. Not many weaknesses and lot of talent.

MVP: Juicy

6. :team1: Toronto Maple Leafs (28-21-6, 62 Points) - Kesselysnipes back at it with the maple leafs again this season. This team is the definition of grind games out and anything can happen. Zach, Bigmalaka, and Engstrom have lot of work to do to keep this team in playoff contention. They will have to carry an offense that doesn't have much for offensive starpower. On the defensive side, I enjoy playing with Bo-dangles. Nice guy, smart with the puck. Other than that, I do not like their defense at all.

Prediction: Miss playoffs. I believe they will get some tougher matchups the last few weeks of the season and fall out of a playoff spot

MVP: ZachJpQc

7. :team6: Columbus Blue Jackets (27-20-8, 62 Points) - Gunass is in a playoff spot currently. But his record is 1-2-2 in his last 5. Is he starting to come back down to earth after a good start? a 9.5 m dollar dman that is 9-9 now on the roster, I'm not sure how this guy is worth this much, but good for him. Hope he's buying everyone steak dinners. Rag, probably the most toxic guy I have ever graced the ice with in league history, if this team starts losing, rag will lose his mind! This team has enough offense to contend for the last couple spots, but if things don't go well this week for them, I can see some toxic vibes going on in that locker room and the wheels will fall off. Big week for the Jackets!

Prediction: Make playoffs. Lose first round

MVP: Gunass

8. :team5: Montreal Canadians (29-23-3, 61 Points) - Fleury has the Canadians sitting in that last playoff spot. I'm not sure how this team isn't higher in the standings at this point. Maltooz is amazing, love lambert (Highest winning percentage in AHL history on PSN side ;)) Played with Vulpix in CBJ and thought he was very good. Dxhlin is one of the better LD's I have gotten to play with the last couple weeks. Good goalies. I think this team will find a way to string some wins together and climb the standings. Good luck the rest of the way guys!

Prediction: Make playoffs. Won't make it past 2nd round.

MVP: Lambert

9. :team18: Buffalo Sabres (28-24-3, 59 Points) - Shieldzy has the Sabres sitting right outside a playoff spot. I'm curious to see how this team ends the season. The pickup of Boknows should help the scoring pick up a bit. Bahbee has been grinding C all season!! Jxson is a great rw. Musty as well. Stacked RW's throughout their lineup. Tufflinkz joins the team at LW. The C depth concerns me. who would be the game 7 Center? I have to imagine they put one of their wingers in at C for a game 7. Their defense is very weak. No C depth, no defense, usually is a recipe for no success.

Prediction: Takes the 8th seed and makes playoffs, eliminated first round

MVP: Jxson71

10. :team12: New York Rangers (25-22-8, 58 Points) This team has a couple dmen playing forward for the summer season. Crosby, cxcky, notusc, all good forwards. Daousttt a very good dman. Fouu having a decent season thus far. Needs to find his groove like he did on the Islanders last season. I'm not a big fan of having both of the free contracts on D. I think this team will compete, but this team is not built for a playoff run.

Prediction: Misses playoffs

MVP: Crosby

11. :team4: Philadelphia Flyers (25-22-8, 58 Points) KuttnKornerz leading these Flyers!! Grabbing Boughs helped give this team a star player. Willis and Jenna are good players as well. Sakxc a solid 3rd liner. The defense seems to be lacking. Snags and Kinger have a lot of work to do to carry the dcore. Donneigh is going to have to be lights out to help this team continue to bring home some wins. This team as well, is not built for a playoff run. I wish you guys the best as your are a good group of guys.

Prediction: Miss playoffs due to a weak defense.

MVP: Donniegh

12. :team2: Boston Bruins (26-26-3, 55 Points) PP leading his team to the promise land. Did Sesh get banned?? His roster isn't bad either. I like Axfixld, Bigwerthy, Kaner, Hockeyflow. Poor Beaudz is at least out of Detroit after being shipped there from the canes. Titan has the most electric streams as well. Him and Terryoh can battle it out for best streams in the league. PP I like the team PP has, this week will be very important to them. Hope PP can make the playoffs! good luck guys.

Prediction: Misses Playoffs

MVP: I-Rxcky-I

13. :team78: Pittsburgh Penguins (25-26-4, 54 Points) Savvy and company aren't out of the playoff race yet. This will be a very important week for them. Dragon and Wxldo need to play up their standards if they want to even have a shot. Their defense is solid. Decent goaltending. Again, if this team wants to play meaningful games the last week of the season, Wxldo and Dragon, be the stars you are!

Prediction: Miss Playoffs

MVP: Math_habs

14. :team21: Tampa Bay Lightning (24-28-3, 51 Points) Selkesean, I used to remember playing him and thinking how good he was. He's had an average past couple of seasons. They are 10 points out and have a lot of work to do. Not much star power up front and on defense. I don't see this team making a run and will stay near the bottom of the leaderboard. Good luck the rest of the way guys.

Prediction: miss playoffs

MVP: transformr69

15. :team23: Florida Panthers (24-30-1, 49 Points) Terrible start to the season for this team. I only see 6 Fwds on their roster so I'm not going to go into detail here.

Prediction: Misses playoffs

MVP: Regs

16. :team10: Detroit Redwings (14-36-5, 33 Points) What happened to these redwings?? Anyone on this roster just enjoy the rest of the season and be thankful nhl24 comes out soon Although that game may not be much better.

My pick to win the PSN side is either Islanders or Capitals. My dark horse pick is the Canadians

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 6
    • Troll Troll x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. I MT98 I

I MT98 I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MT98#9855
    Ratings:
    +1,298 / 21 / -57
    Delete before Acey sees please.

mt98
  3. Aceyx76

Aceyx76 Warning Group

Discord:
    Acey#2082
    Ratings:
    +181 / 4 / -13
    Too late. Your time being MVP is done, its Subban's turn!

No Streaming Account
  4. Snaagss

Snaagss Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 1 / -11
    Fun fact: kuttn applied for AHL management but didn’t specify AHL so they gave him an NHL team instead

• Funny Funny x 2
    xsnags02
  5. Xb-red94

Xb-red94 Warning Group

Discord:
    xB-Red94#0845
    Ratings:
    +516 / 12 / -19
    Love you bro

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. gunass0910

gunass0910 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    gunass0910#8542
    Ratings:
    +113 / 14 / -12
    Been having shit avail lately so our lines weren't performing, including me. Solid write up though

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Dxhlin

Dxhlin Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dxhlin#3369
    Ratings:
    +80 / 1 / -6
    dxhlin
  8. Tropics_White

Tropics_White Well-Known Member

Discord: