ECHL S46 Week 1 Review

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming ECHL (LGECHL)' started by Bakerx8, Nov 6, 2023.

1. Bakerx8

Bakerx8 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Baker#7446
    Ratings:
    +112 / 1 / -5
    [​IMG]

Hello all! With these forum posts, I hope to bring some insights and statistics to the ECHL that you would otherwise not get by just looking through the website. When available for S46, we will be utilizing @Fleury l8l 's spreadsheet to dive in further as this will not be a weekly Xbox vs. PSN post. I hope to bring you weekly posts at the very least and if I have the time, I would love to post daily matchups for LG Gamedays (Sun, Mon, Tues) with interesting roster matchups for future weeks.

With the implementation of cross-console play underway for the first time in LG history, as well as a newly added tier in the ECHL, what a great excuse to look at the Xbox vs. PSN results after Week 1.

For a rough number what the ECHL currently looks like for rostered players (As of 11/5):
    • 63% Xbox
    • 37% PSN
    After painstakingly looking through the entire roster of each team I have compiled a list of majority console teams (For a cutoff, any team that has 2 or under the opposite console is considered majority). The list is as follows:

Majority Xbox Teams: Florida Everblades, Greenville Swamp Rabbits, Idaho Steelheads, Indy Fuel, Iowa Heartlanders, Kalamazoo Wings, Rapid City Rush, Reading Royals, Savannah Ghost Pirates, Toledo Walleye, Trois-Rivières Lions, Wheeling Nailers, and Worcester Railers

Majority PSN Teams: Atlanta Gladiators, Maine Mariners, Norfolk Admirals, and Tulsa Oilers

As you can tell, there are many more Xbox teams than PSN teams. I think I speak for everyone when we learned about crossplay coming to LG is how the skill level across both consoles would shake out and if we would see any domination in competition when Xbox teams face off against PSN teams. The results from Week 1 are super interesting.

PSN Teams are 9-7 vs. Xbox teams in Week 1. The two standout teams on the PSN side are the Atlanta Gladiators and Tulsa Oilers. They are a combined 7-2 vs. Xbox teams and are lead both by former AHL PSN Management/Roster Players.

The Atlanta Gladiators are led by @TuckItTeal , @LeafsNation22 , and @XFrxncey . In the next two game nights they will face only one Xbox team in the Florida Everblades. They fell 2-1 to the Idaho Steelheads last night.

The Tulsa Oilers are led by @xShoot_N_Scores , @Frizyal8er , and @IzzBot_ . In the next two game nights they will not face another Xbox side but did defeat the Savannah Ghost Pirates 3-2 and the Florida Everblades 5-1 last night.

Both of these teams will face off against each other on Tuesday night at 9:35 and should be a great game to watch!

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 3
    bakerx8
  2. Busta Dimez

Busta Dimez DA BEARS

Discord:
    bustadimez#0
    Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -8
    Very informative keep up the good work!

• Like Like x 1
    bustadimezgaming
  3. downey13

downey13 Member

Discord:
    BigCat#0237
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Some very interesting data there. Would be interesting to see how it has shaken out in other leagues but this is great.

Love this type of content!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. HeyKep

HeyKep Well-Known Member

Discord:
    HeyKep#7466
    Ratings:
    +578 / 19 / -117
    Add the Growlers to majority PSN Teams (11 PSN and 6 Xbox), 7-2 week 1.

Good media to start the season!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Bakerx8

Bakerx8 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Baker#7446
    Ratings:
    +112 / 1 / -5
    Appreciate it!

The teams above have a cutoff of 2 max of the opposite console (Ex: 15 PSN, 2 Xbox) All teams listed are HEAVY one way or the other.

bakerx8
  6. IzzBot_

IzzBot_ Positions are suggestions

Ratings:
    +91 / 2 / -9
    bald

Izzetchronarch
  7. HeyKep

HeyKep Well-Known Member

Discord:
    HeyKep#7466
    Ratings: