Too tall?

Discussion in 'LG World Tour' started by eze123_00, Jan 5, 2004.

1. eze123_00

eze123_00 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lately I've been hearing comments from people about my characters height. I was wondering what you guys in the league thought about this. Like I've said before, I made him based on my stats in real life (6'6" and as close to my weight as I could get it) and had no intentions of making him a cheap player. I just wanted to make him look like myself (which I'm sure many of you here have also done). If enough people vote that my player is cheap and that it's an unfair advantage for me, then I'll probably recreate my guy. I want to be as legit as possible. Take into consideration, there is a 6'10" player on the pro tour.

No Streaming Account
  2. Stuertz

Stuertz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have to admit, I have heard a lot of arguments on here, but I never thought i would see this. This is by far the worst poll I have seen on here and it shouldnt even be up. Height has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with performance in this game. Yes, he does get to a lot of shots, but his guy is defensive and has speed as a skill. His guy was created to be fast. Just like my guy was created to be powerful. Actually, my guy is only 6ft and his natural talent is powerful, but when we play, it doesnt seem like he gets to any more balls than I do. We usually have really good matches and its just as hard to hit a winner on him as anybody else I have played on this league.

EZE, Keep your guy, you created him to look like you and it doesnt give you any unfair advantages at all. If being a good player makes you a cheater, than I guess that puts LOTN, Stratton, Squidman, Tennis Playa, and TheAlphaOmega in the same category, because I played all of them, and they can get to just as many balls as you.

Also, I watched my bro create his guy and he is only 6'6 for anyone who thought he was taller.

No Streaming Account
  3. RogerFederer

RogerFederer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    stuertz, your vote doesnt really mean anything, ure his brother...then again i agree this poll is silly. If youre actually self conscious about your character, it means you have feelings that its cheap. Not because somoene else says it is. And as for your 6'10 player on tour, sure theres one, hes the only one. theres guys like max mirny who are 6'5 maybe some others i cant think of who are that tall but they are exceptions, there isnt many of em, thats why theyre called tall, if they were everywhere, then it would be expected. You cant use an exception as an example, just as your brother's opinion doesnt mean anything on this subject. Btw, that 6'10 player, ivo karlovcic, he weighs 215 pounds, your char in the game is like you said 183, also ivo has mass. The difference is ivo is powerful but not fast, you cant expect to be that tall, and move that fast, at that height youre ognna be clumsy. not only that but i doubt ure a twig IRL like ure guy in the game, i saw your pic, you dont look like him at all :>

No Streaming Account
  4. squidman711

squidman711 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Roger, chill dude, or as SOlidNic says, chilax. it is incredibily hard to make a character look like yourself only on EA sports PC games can you do that

No Streaming Account
  5. JayFro

JayFro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    EZE,

Played you yesterday and the reason you beat me in three sets had nothing to do with height. I actually have a tougher time matching up against other players than I do against you. You shouldn't have to make a shorter player, if you are that tall in real life go for it.

Good match yesterday, but I didn't know we were playing for scores to be posted on the site. Don't you have to let the other player know first?

No Streaming Account
  6. TheAlphaOmega

TheAlphaOmega Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah man u are 2 tall...

make a guy that is 5.2, so maybe i can beat him...

JK

EZE no worries man, u are a good player, i have played and beaten the tallest, shortest, fastest...

except 4 u... (one of these days)

No Streaming Account
  7. eze123_00

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In response to Jayfro...sorry man, I thought we could post scores when we played people in here no matter what. Next time I'll mention it first. And yes, it was a great match.

In response to Federer...you've given me so much crap about this subject that I can't take it anymore. I've played so many people in this game and you're the ONLY person who says I'm not legit. And you're the only one that doesn't believe he's not based on my stats in life. Would it make you feel better if I took a pic of myself on a scale to show you my weight and a pic of myself with a tape measurer to show you my height????? I have a digital camera...wouldn't be hard to do. Anything to get you to shut up about it. It doesn't look like many people have voted against me in here, so I guess my guy will remain the same. And by the way...people of my height in tennis are rare. I'm the tallest player in the Ohio Valley Conference. What does that have to do with creating a player on a video game?

No Streaming Account
  8. RogerFederer

RogerFederer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i was making a diplomatic statement. Everything i said was logical, none of it was said in an insulting manner. What is going on scale going to prove tho..? Ive acknowledged ure 6'6, and ive accepted your weight (175), but all i said was IRl you dont look that skinny at all :> Chillax too man.

No Streaming Account
  9. eze123_00

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you believe my height and weight, then blame Microsoft for their create a player.

No Streaming Account
  10. KineticZ

KineticZ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    CHILLAX!?!?! WHO STOLE MY WORD!!

No Streaming Account
  11. Ragin Wahoo

Ragin Wahoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Z, you invented the word "chillax?" Maybe we should give you credit for "awesome," "cool," "rad," and "sweet" while we're at it? ~*~*.

No Streaming Account
  12. eze123_00

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LOL, chillax KineticZ...nobody is stealing anything from anybody here...just chillax bro.

No Streaming Account
  13. burlingtns best

burlingtns best Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    height

Whether or not height makes a difference in the play of a character i am still not 100 percent sure. However when the character was made in no way was eze trying to manipulate the game. He's a tall guy at 6'6, it has it's strengths and weaknesses. I'm 6'3 so i made my guy that tall. Being able to make a guy around your own abilities and attributes is a fun part of the game. I've played EZE a whole bunch of time both winning some and losing some. By no means did his height have an affect on the outcome of the matches. If you are good enough you learn to beat guys. Trust me when i say EZE does have a weak spot you just have to find it. Blaming losses on a persons height i think might be a copout. Roger you are a very very good player too. I know you may be frustrated playing EZE, i know i get frustrated too but that is just because the kid has talent. I seem to be able to get balls by him fine using risk shots and keeping him on the run and in control of the point. Eze is a respected player in here and we should not taint his reputation over something like this. I will admit it is nice to have heat off of me for once....lol. Good luck to both of you guys the rest of the way.....should be some good matches ahead.

No Streaming Account
  14. TommyNuGuns

TommyNuGuns Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't think height plays a huge roll in the main scheme of things. If your making your player as tall as possible to exploit something is one thing but if your making him to look like yourself is another. I have no reason to not believe that EZE is tall. Thats why he drives a convertible for head room :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  15. eze123_00

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LOL, no convertable here. But the t-tops give me some extra head room!

No Streaming Account
  16. Stuertz

Stuertz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    RogerFederer

I dont know why you think my vote doesnt count, I may be his brother, but that also means i play him more than anybody else on here.

Also, when I made my last post, I forgot to mention Ragin Wahoo, who is also another great player.

No Streaming Account
  17. KineticZ

KineticZ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    im completely chillaxed

No Streaming Account
  18. woobwoob

woobwoob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    its in the game dude, make him 7' and 300 pounds. your call, if the game was done right, that kind of person would be slow as hell. If that was the case, then i'd make a 3' person who could get to everything. You'll never please anyone if you play the extremes like that. Don't worry about other people, play your own game. Let them come up with as many excuses as they can as to why they can't beat you.

of course its always that you are cheating, not that they suck...

No Streaming Account