Headset reminder, and play speed!

Discussion in 'LG World Tour' started by Babolat, Jan 11, 2004.

1. Babolat

Babolat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Headset reminder, an

As always, in every league, please remember that you need to wear your mic when you are playing you matches. If not, the other person will get the win if there are any problems. If by chance you mic is broke, or lost, let the other person know this BEFORE hand, so they can enable their system speakers to hear any special request - phone call, bathroom break, etc.

And about the play speed, the server always controls the speed of the match, and as long as you are serving, please feel free to play as fast, or as slow as you want. There is no rule that the returner can ask the server to slow down, or speed up, and have the server change his pace. It is ALWAYS at the servers pace.

Thanks!

No Streaming Account
  2. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll just add that the returner should hit the button to skip the after-animations so that the server doesn't accidently do a safe serve.

No Streaming Account
  3. TheAlphaOmega

TheAlphaOmega Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    na man i play server cuts the scene...
    that way the server controls the pace...

can we make an official rule on that...

No Streaming Account
  4. mismatch

mismatch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    most people i've played in the past always wanted me to skip the scenes for them. TAO was the first i ran into who liked to do it himself. i personally don't see the big deal but.......TAO when are we going to rematch.

No Streaming Account
  5. edge997

edge997 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm with XBOXJON on this one. I really thought Tris made a post when this league first started suggesting returner skip animations. Of course, i can't find that post now. But, thats the way I started playing because of that post. It seemd pretty obvios to me that the safe way would be let the returner control. This way if the other person(server) makes a mistake, they only screw up their own serve.
    If the server controls the pace, and the other person(returner) makes a mistake, they could screw up the serve of the opponent.
    Just seems that if the returner controls, and someone screws up, the person that messed up gets hurt.

I can get used to either way, but I do wish there were some kind of sportsmanship rule or something.

And I wish I could find that mysterious post by Tris.

No Streaming Account
  6. s o l i d N i c

s o l i d N i c Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Umm

My preference would be for the server to control the pace of the cut-scenes.

Although this is a videogame, I have followed the basic tennis rule that the server controls the pace when they are serving.

Im sure some of you players use the "server's pace" strategy to break down or speed up the pace of the game. I wonder if anyone knows what Im talking about.
    :wink:

No Streaming Account
  7. mismatch

mismatch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: Umm

true. but like you said this is a video game. i constantly tap the A button on both ends (serve and return). in real life however there were times when i would intentionaly slow the pace of a match, more for physical reasons thought. being that there is no physical exertion involved in this game (throwing your controller doesn't count) it makes it a little different. i'm willing to play however the other particulare player wishes. it was a little weird when TAO requested this of me...it kinda threw me off in all honesty. but it also threw him off when i was constantly skipping the cut scenes for him. rrrrrrr. the frustration.

No Streaming Account
  8. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Correct. This was suggested the first week the game came out, when many of you weren't involved here yet, so I'm sure it's deeply buried in the forum.

It makes logic sense for the returner to skip the animation each time, that way you can be 100% sure as the server that you will not get an accidental safe serve.

I'm guessing that it wasn't made "official" policy or wasn't included in the Season 1 accouncement, otherwise we'd all be doing it this way.

Personally, even if another person wants the server to control the animations, I still WILL NOT hit the button to skip on the off chance that I get a safe serve. It's just not worth it. The only way it makes sense is for the returner to hit the button.

Nic - if, as the server, you want to slow down the pace of the game and the returner hits the button to skip the animation... there's nothing that says you have to serve right away. Take a few seconds and move around or whatever if you want to slow the pace down.

No Streaming Account
  9. s o l i d N i c

s o l i d N i c Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yuppers

Yup...I dont press anything at all...wether if Im serving or not...so it's not a great deal to me...who skips the cut-scenes.

I just thought the courteous thing to do is let the server set his own pace...

Either or, I guess as long as the two opponents talk it out and agree before the match starts...who would skip the cut-scenes...then surprises, accusations, and drama is avoided... lol

No Streaming Account
  10. TheAlphaOmega

TheAlphaOmega Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    so then the higher ups need to either take a new poll b/c of mixed views or just set a rule in place...

as long as i know how the league wants it done then i will follow...

No Streaming Account
  11. Pizza Supreme

Pizza Supreme Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: Headset reminder

But in my opinion this is contradicting what XboxJon is saying. IN here I read it, that the server controls the pace of the game, which in my opinion would be controlling the cut scences as well. What if they want to take a sip of their drink in the cut seances or something. I always control my cut seances and absolutely hate it when other people control them for me. I don't mind controlling them for other people, but I ALWAYS control mine. Because I agree with Babolat, that the Server should control the pace of the match, and half of the pace, is the cut seances.

No Streaming Account
  12. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You can control much of the pace of the game after the cut scene. Just don't serve it right away.

No Streaming Account