Worst movie I've seen in a long time

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by XBoxJon, Jan 25, 2004.

1. canucks33

canucks33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    how about gods and generals......... darn not even 30 mins pass watching it both me and my wife fell asleep. THE MOST BORING WAR/ACTION film we ever watch :evil:

No Streaming Account
  2. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I almost rented that Gods and Generals movie the other week, but remembered how bad the reviews were.

We did rent a movie last week (Swimming Pool) that alot of the critics liked, but it was a bit too slow for me (only thing that kept me awake was the gratiutous nudity throughout most of the movie).

No Streaming Account
  3. woobwoob

woobwoob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok finally saw once upon a time in mexico. I didn't give it my full attention, but it just seemed that too much had happened since the last one, and there was a lot of the plot that they just threw in there in order to make a final chapter... :roll: I really couldn't follow it, just liked the scene when johnny depp got his eyes cut out and then he went on a shooting spree. Thought he looked awesome with blood dripping from his eye sockets and wearing sunglasses.

One good thing about I took from this movie is now I have some ideas for Halloween this year.

I'll probably see the movie again in about 6 months on HBO and love it... :?

No Streaming Account
  4. Raptor710

Raptor710 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah I was a little surprised by this movie seeing it was mainly a sappy ass love story mixed in with some baseball. oh yeah and by the way it is called "for the love of the game"

No Streaming Account
  5. RogerFederer

RogerFederer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    blah it wasnt meant to be an oscar worthy movie. just an entertaining gunfest with salma hayek. much better than lord of the rings, in terms of enjoyment that is. want a shitty lame boring movie? go see lord of the rings.

No Streaming Account
  6. IndigoVDub

IndigoVDub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, maybe if your 5 years old...

No Streaming Account
  7. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Damn, all 3 Lord of the Rings movies were awesome!! I loved all 3, I think they are the best movies to this date!

Gajeske85
  8. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    no doubt man...if you need help sleeping i recommend watching any of the LOTR movies as they all work better than sleeping pills

No Streaming Account
  9. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    lol, well I guess if you don't like movies with deep plots, than MP and Roger are right.

Gajeske85
  10. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If I want plot... I'll read a book...If I want entertainment I'll go see a REAL movie. 8)

No Streaming Account
  11. RogerFederer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    deep plot? are you kidding me? LOL did you ACTUALLY think there was plot in the return of the king..? lololol, it was a glorified special effects showpiece. Awful acting, overly long running time, laughable execution of some scenes (the whole part with gollum and frodo fighting at mt doom...lol, i laughed so hard). Of course the editing with them outside on the only rock not covered by lava....then getting rescued, horribly cut/edited. The movie needed to be about an hour shorter. It was just laughable. I literally laughed out loud in the theatres. it didnt help that beside me were these 2 women who woudlnt shut up and made the most ANNOYING yawns ever (and they yawned about 30 times or more). My friends liked it, but when i asked them why, they just stood in the movie theater lobby and provided no explanations (other than the 'kickass action scenes which i acknowledge'). I could go on and go into details but its obvious that this movie is a joke. Those who enjoy it either follow hype/others or are such fanboys that they cant just step back and watch the actors and the movie. The dialogue is farcical. I honestly would rather see some trite,vapid action movie than this and im a fan of plot. I prefer dialogue as a general rule of thumb..and this movie's dialogue is great....for me to poop on.

No Streaming Account
  12. Stud

Stud Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hated Moulin Rouge & Chicago w/ a passion. Guess I don't click w/ the musicals. =P~

No Streaming Account
  13. Rube Ranter

Rube Ranter Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, I thought it was a pretty good movie, definitely worthy of all the praise. Your going to be the minority on this one...

No Streaming Account
  14. DeNMaN

DeNMaN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You can't really look at anyone of the LOTR movies to be great by itself as they were all filmed at one time. It is the combination of all three that make it great. It is a great story and was presented well between the characters and the battle scenes through out the movie. Just sounds like you need to watch it without the women that were with you so you can concentrate on the movie as they don't just spoon feed everything to you.

No Streaming Account
  15. Darthor

Darthor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Why go see the 3rd movie since you thought the other ones were poop. :laugh: Sounds like you're whipped. As far as dialogue they were being as faithful to the book as possible. Perhaps you would prefer they redo it so it more resembles A Knight's Tale. :roll: :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  16. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Exactly, these movies are based on the books...they didn't try to "Hollywoodize" them. All 3 are great, and I saw nothing wrong with the acting.....I think they did an awesome job.

Gajeske85
  17. Rube Ranter

Rube Ranter Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ditto. I love all 2, I am just a fan of the series, but one of my favorite move(s) of all time.

No Streaming Account
  18. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    All 2? You haven't seen the 3rd LOTR movie? It rocks!

Gajeske85
  19. RogerFederer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i saw the first 2 so i figured id see the third due to the fact ive seen the others and because my friends were bugging me. The acting was very weak. Looking at the trilogy as a whole, i see a boring 9 hour snoozefest. the first movie was lame, and they killed the best character (boromir, he was the guy with the most realism and depth). Everything came off cheesy. apart from the action scenes, im not all that impressed. the 3rd one just seemed like more of the same junk, like the matrix revolutions, although revolutions' action scenes were much more enticing (save the uber cgi crap, yuck), there was some story and climax i cared about, although the ending was very 'european' ^_^

LOTR wasnt ambiguous in any way. it was a safe way to make a shitload of money. Im not at all impressed. I recognize i am part of the minority who dislikes this film, but i dont care about numbers. You can take a billion people that liked stealing harvard and that wont convince me( although jason lee does own). A knights tale was actually a much more enjoyable movie. some of it was too cliche, but i enjoyed it, i thought it was fun. some cheese, but it was meant to be humorous and mild mannered. Any movie that has chaucher as a character....lol.

No Streaming Account
  20. Cru Thik

Cru Thik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i grabbed Open Range last week at BB. i tell ya fellaz,i really enjoyed the whole movie,..Costner & Duvall were amazing.this film has a great story,and most of all a good message.

ps: about to throw in 2nd disc,see bonus features 8)

No Streaming Account