Not sure if i am in for season 2.

Discussion in 'LG World Tour' started by burlingtns best, Mar 2, 2004.

1. burlingtns best

burlingtns best Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if i am in

If any of you read the xbox forums i have posted that i will no longer be playing Topspin anymore due to many circumstances including glitching, cheating, lag....etc. I am undecided whether or not am gonna continue in league although it does help that there are no cheats etc with the majority of the players in here. One thing that does concern me is the lag i get against players overseas i.e Sicillian Boy that have joined the league for season 2. Playing players with this type of lag drives me nuts and myself and many other players can't play to their true abilities. I can handle Trixta but Sicillian Boy's game plays right into the lag almost giving him an unfair advantage, Anyway those are my thoughts. I realize that we need people for season 2 however i do feel we need to keep the quality of players and the play itself to a high standard. Thanks.

No Streaming Account
  2. terryaney

terryaney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree that LAG is annoying and with LON style of play (rs expert) it definately completely changes the type of player he is...maybe we do something like that other league ESTE or whatever the league name is over in Europe that ONLY allows Europeans to join. Do we have enough numbers to limit this league to US - er...I guess I should say North America to include the cannucks ;)???

No Streaming Account
  3. Ragin Wahoo

Ragin Wahoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lord dont quit lg...lets get one more good season in before we retire topspin....one player in lg shouldnt make u wanna quit bro...cmon!!! and besides if you ever play him and the lag is unbearable, we have the right to force a forfeit....remember what we did with xohrum..? so no worries..

No Streaming Account
  4. terryaney

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    test

No Streaming Account
  5. burlingtns best

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lolol

The lag is inbearable against certain guys overseas. Are you saying that we get an automatic win if the lag is too bad with these guys. I mean they can't be faulted if they are allowed in the league and lag results can they?

No Streaming Account
  6. KineticZ

KineticZ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well i think if the lag is truly unbearable we would have to kindly request them to part...if nobody can play them fairly then u know, its just not fair

No Streaming Account
  7. Babolat

Babolat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well Lord, just to let you know that people in the states have priority. If you are getting bad lag with someone overseas, then the person in the US would get the win from the majority of the people being from the US. And if the lag is intolerable with many people, that person will have to leave this league. That is the fairest thing I can do.

No Streaming Account
  8. Ragin Wahoo

Ragin Wahoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    perfect, there you go lotn....so you're staying..im glad we had this talk.

No Streaming Account
  9. burlingtns best

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LOL, alright i guess i am in. I guarantee controversy will occur the first time i have to play Sicillian Boy and quit the match after the second game cause it's so bad and he blames me for leaving saying it's cause i can't beat him. It's the type of lag where your guy runs around like a pregnant yak stumbling all over the place, Sicillian boy uses nothing but the risk shot and the drop shot 100 percent of the time so you can imagine my frustration playing this guy. It's very easy to counter without the lag as all you have to do is kepp slicing it back but with the delay it goes right through your guy. Thanks for convincing me to stay Ragin.

No Streaming Account
  10. terryaney

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just curious...to me risk shot/drop shotters (and LON you are definately one of these players) would be at a disadvantage from lag b/c it is hard to hit the meter. I guess I think it is backwards...if you play with 'regular buttons' you can handle lag better but if you play with triggers you would be screwed...maybe I am all confused.

No Streaming Account
  11. burlingtns best

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No when i say he is a risk shot drop shot guy i mean that is all he does. He doesn't press any other buttons and i am not being sarcastic. The lag is the type that is a consistent slow choppiness where you can still hit the meters but your guy responds slow to direction and also response to the buttons. It's not the type where it will be fine for a second then stop dead. It's just a consistent slow choppy lag and his risk shots go right throught your guy cause of the slow response time.

No Streaming Account
  12. KineticZ

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    terry, the thing with lag is that the guy CAUSING The lag usually can play normally almost and it doenst effect them as much for some reason..so they will be able to hit awesome shots and risk shots all day and u will end up either swinging after the ball has bone by or just hit hte ball str8 because the lag takes over ur angle..ive played a few plares from europe who dont suck and my framerate is almost worse than 1/sec and its HORRIBLE like the game takes an HOUR! and its so damn annoying...now THAT IS LAG!

No Streaming Account
  13. terryaney

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well, I work in software industry and I know there is no way lag can be on one end and not the other EXCEPT for maybe the server if he is lagger...b/c that is first 'info' that needs to be transmitted over wire, so maybe you could hit serve meter in red, but once point is in play and info is going back and forth on wire then both players will suffer. I will not accept any other explanation ;)

Also, LON, when you say they hit triggers non stop, that is what you do. Not offending...you have mastered that and it is unbelievably hard to beat..especially if you don't play players like that usually. We we had our 'matches' a few weeks back were you killed me 3-0, 3-0 about four times then beat me 6-1, 6-0 in tourney match I would say you hit triggers 95% of the time. Maybe you don't remember it that way but it was the truth and I got it handed to me. OK, you may have hit topspin cross court on a couple of the shots where I was 'out of position' for the easy winner, but right before that you hit a risk shot/drop shot.

Anyway main point is, I need to see this lag where it works fine for one side to hit risk shots and doesn't work for others.

No Streaming Account
  14. KineticZ

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well i dont know about the techinicalities of it, i just know what i see...and the ppl in europe who have bad lag, actually anyone with bad lag anywhere, can kill u cuz they can hit all their awesome shots and u cant hit a thing...so

No Streaming Account
  15. burlingtns best

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I use my triggers strategically, to set up points or put them away, you will see the difference if you play Sicillian Boy trust me, there are no rallies, just him hitting risk shots and drop shots. Frustration will set in after you realize that your guy is stubling everywhere and balls are going right through him even when you know where he is going. I don't care if a guy uses 100 percent risk shots if the connection is good cause i will just keep slicing it back, in this case you can't even do that.

No Streaming Account
  16. eze123_00

eze123_00 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've played Sicilian Boy quite a few times. He's a great player and I'm lucky to get a game off of him here and there. But, in this situation I completely see what Lord is saying. He's not saying only one person suffers from the lag. He's saying that the lag plays right into Sicilian Boy's style of play. You can't even slice back consistentely against him. And there is a HUGE difference between Lords and Sicilians use of the triggers. I'm not exagerating at all when I say 99.9% of Sicilian's shots are with the triggers. Lord isn't anywhere near that. And there have been times (not as of late obviously) that I have pushed Lord to the limit and made him play at his best to beat me, and even then he didn't use the triggers nearly as frequently as Sicilian. I'm not taking anything away from Sicilian...in my opinion, he's the most impressive player I've ever played... I'm just pointing out that Lord's argument is completely valid.

No Streaming Account
  17. SicilianBoy

SicilianBoy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Eze,thanks for your support. i believe that lag effects both players so in my opinion LOTN is just the kind of guy who likes to come here and cry about my lag instead of admitting that he got spanked fair and square.i have much more respect in people who admitt their loss,i am the first one who have admitted my loss against tjerry. complaining is childish and this attitude fits u really well LOTN.

P.S:Eze i dunno if u still play,in the case u do i am looking forward to play some more against ya! cya on the court :)

No Streaming Account
  18. s o l i d N i c

s o l i d N i c Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Sicilian,

I just finished reading your comment accusing me of complaining 'coz you use risk shots almost every shot..........first, I am not a "complainer"....and my comment saying " what game?".....

there really wasn't much......and I have no problem with that....
    that is your strategy....

It's interesting how you only commented on the fact that you beat me....
    because I remember on our first match when most games were reaching deuce ..... when I get you into rallies, I won some if not most of the points....

and I guess that's why you did your left and right trigger mastery....

Don't get me wrong....I wish I could do what you do......

It just feels a little weird when tennis becomes about "homeruns" and "chips" .......like baseball....lol

squidman, undauntederik, eze, kinetic are a few of the great players I have great matches with.... They probably have my number too but, at least, when I play them I feel that they're trying to outsmart me ....not outpower..... and the difference too is that points are much more enjoyable coz its not just about who can risk shot better.......

I also want to point out that it is probably good for top spin to have different types of players and different types of strategies....so do what you gotta do ....and do whatever feels right for ya.....to get that WIN

anyways, this thread is talking about LAG and risk shot strategies....
    so I will take your attack on LOTN's personality and attitude as a sarcastic joke/remark....
    coz as much as his mouth gets him in trouble a lot of the times..........

he also gives credit where credit is due...not just to players who have beaten him....but to players he has beaten but gave decent effort in losing..........

No Streaming Account