A FAIR REQUEST FOR THE COMMISIONER

Discussion in 'MLB 16: The Show' started by Ragin Wahoo, May 9, 2004.

1. MGM

MGM Inactive

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I couldn't agree more with you. I stated from the very beginning that there would be problems do to the naming of the two leagues.

I think the comment (ragin wahoo) about the "Links" players getting into the Majors is based on the fact that the LINKS players are a tight bunch and all pretty much know everyone from either team matches or singles play. When you have that type of camaraderie, you are bound to have better participation.

I think that it's up to every player (Majors and AAA) to make their league work. Let's weed out all the bums and make the leagues top notch by opening day. There are quite a few people out there that would love to be in your shoes ( :bosr: ) in a league.

No Streaming Account
  2. BigWillyNYG

BigWillyNYG Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll be getting my games in. I've just had a little problem getting in touch with my week 1 guy enough. He doesn't have AIM or any messenger system, so it has been difficult to try and get a schedule for sure. I will be getting them in.

No Streaming Account
  3. Ragin Wahoo

Ragin Wahoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I totally disagree with the naming of the leagues having anything to do with people playing their games....maybe because I'm giving ppl the benefit of not being complete idiotic morons. I seriously doubt ppl would be less enthusiastic about a league merely because its named AAA instead of Major League. Lets give people a little bit more credit fellas...of not being stupid...and just being irresponsible w/out commitment...

However, if that is true....those people should immediately run to the nearest toilet and give themselves a flushy (head in the toilet while flushing it). But more on the topic of naming the leagues.....Maybe it is kind of dumb naming one AAA.....because that immediately carries a less serious connotation with it...giving the Major League more importance than the AAA league that some momos may be offended by...who the hell knows. Just call one Major League A and one Major League B. AAA is retared, not that it makes any difference to my involvement...

No Streaming Account
  4. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    AAA wasn't originally going to be a full league until the interested just sky-rocketed.

No Streaming Account
  5. dan53080

dan53080 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ragin Wahoo I have read your posts and I am a bit offended by your comments. I am a newer member in the LG and the owner of the Brewers in the Majors. I have played in a few Links tourneys and played all of my games so far in the baseball league.

I know quite a few members in LG from playing an absurd amount of Links online. Should I be in the Majors league? By your posts NO, I'm not a proven dedicated player in LG! Will I play my games. Absolutley!

The team selection was pretty much spelled out in the rules thread way before the league was ever created. I for one am happy that people take time out to create a site like this, so we can all benefit from it. We are not charged a fee and to place a demand on the Commish to change the rules, because you don't like it is absurd. No it's assnine. The leagues are no different, and the AAA will be just as successful as the first week of the Majors has been. Hell I'd even take a team in the AAA just to help it work out, but from the free agent signups, I don't think anyone will need to.

But riddle me this Wahoo...If you were in the majors and the participation level was opposite would you still complain that your not in the AAA league. My guess would be YEA.....No one likes it when people blow off games, but it's going to happen. Would I be pissed SURE. But I don't think you were slighted by LG by being placed in the AAA league. I think they did a helluva job, considering all the riff raff thay had to go through to get most people a team in their top five choices. Maybe you should have selected a different team number one????

I f you get lemons, make lemonade!!!! But don't hate the player!!!!

Lg commishes keep up the good work!

No Streaming Account
  6. MixMasterMike

MixMasterMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There's actually a lot of people I know in the AAA league, that I know will be getting their games done in a timely manner. There are also a lot of strangers that I don't even know... but mostly all of the strangers I don't even know have games played..... so y'all should be fine... quit worrying so much. There might be a few guys you'll have to eventually give the boot because of participation problems, but that's how it is with every league.

No Streaming Account
  7. canucks33

canucks33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you miss 1, ME :twisted: im not good in NHL but still making my games on time (not even 1 late game from my part :D ). i also played NBA season 1 (even how i hate the game).

honestly, i wish that the MLB league will be divided into 2 (WEST and EAST conference - where most people will be in same time zone or +1 hour difference). but anyrate, lets enjoy the league.

i take the AAA as an opportunity to meet new friends and other gamer who are dedicated in LG (like wawasman) .

No Streaming Account