QB spy problems...

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by macteago, Jul 22, 2004.

1. macteago

macteago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This could be a big one... There is a way for you to set a spy yet I nor anyone I know when they try it does it actually work.

The qb's are much faster this year and your defensive guys just ignore the qb when a pass play is called and he starts rushing.

Hopefully someone knows how to get a spy to work or to stop the qb rushing game while still remaining in a pass defense.

Quincy Carter rushed for over 120 yards in the last game I played.

No Streaming Account
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    IF your playing some guy with a fast QB like vic and he loves to take off running after dropping back.
    Start calling zone D's that have the LB's or safety's cover the flats so he has no where to go.

Or call a man D with a blitzing LB or Safety and control that player and mirror him instead of blitzing

So far my only loss was by 1 point to the falcons with a guy doing this so I dont have it mastered but thats my thoughts on it.

3. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good advice, and that's for any football game, Sega ESPN/EA or otherwise. If they scramble and they're fast, just play the zone and cover the flats, pretty basic Football 101 stuff.

No Streaming Account
  4. macteago

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I realize that fellas but if it is a pass play called your lb, dl, or db over in the flat in coverage continues playing zone. If you guess the wrong way he's running your in trouble.

Just wish there was a play where automatically there is a spy called like in NCAA or at least be able to set it like you are suppose to be. Hopefully it is just a typo in the manual on how to set the spy.

Lot of people are struggeling with this and so far no one really has an answer. I think they might have made the qb's to quick.

No Streaming Account
  5. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Okay, I see what you're saying now. Yeah, if there's a QB spy play (typically a LB or DB playing in the box) they're supposed to "go" whichever way the QB goes. If they're not, that's no good.

No Streaming Account
  6. macteago

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the other problem is that if you have guys over in the vicinity of where the qb is running to you can't switch to them in time. He's closer to a linemen behind him than a db he's running twoard so when you hit the "switch" button you can't grab the right guy. If the AI would react on its own to qb scrambles there wouldn't be a problem, you have to do it for them.

Need more time, hopefully there is a fix for the spy.

No Streaming Account
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    if its a chronic problem then most likely its a crutch for the guy you are playing and its easy to stop.

Take a fast player and call a play where hes blitzing then just play the spy yourself with that player. He wont have an assingment to cover anyone because hes spose to be blitzing

The Spy plays in NCAA never work for me anyway. But I guess my defensive guys are all slow footed and brain dead.

I have yet to play anyone that scrambles much thats very good. I have lost to some but not because they were good just because Im a moron. :)