Week 7 Late Games (far too many!)

Discussion in 'MLB 16: The Show' started by goalie, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Well, yea I am mad. I mean my all my missed games are not due to me not wanting to play. The 2 vs VDub and 3 vs T_roy are due to connection...which now the problem is fixed and we are just waiting for the day we set up to get the games in.

My 2 games vs nocise are late because he was on vacation (really gay that I got docked)

But I guess there is nothing we can do but keep playing...and pray none of our opponents go on vacation :roll:

Gajeske85
  2. goalie

goalie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    play the games - get the points back, that simple.

No Streaming Account
  3. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    read the vacation thread - stop docking for stupid reasons, that simple.

No Streaming Account
  4. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeh, it doesn't even affect me and I think it is lame. I mean lets look at what all the other leagues do.

I am gonna be on a long vacation soon, so could one of the commishes please open up my remaining games so that I will not get docked?

Goalie I sent you a PM a couple days ago and still no response.

No Streaming Account
  5. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you have planned vacations upcoming, you should be playing way ahead of time guys. Not the other way around (playing catchup when you return).

No Streaming Account
  6. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Not all of us are that fortunate to have that much free time. 8 MLB games in a few days is asking a little much...

No Streaming Account
  7. t_roy

t_roy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No one is more busy then me with family, work and getting ready to go on vacation, however I would agree with XBJ in playing the games ahead that I have played 7 MLB games in 5 days and I have to got one NCAA game completed as well, so I am caught up with the exception of LATDOGG and apparently he has his end worked out..... Hopefully.

The other thing I would mention is that I also played 21 hockey games in 10 days. So believe me it can be done. On the flip side you have to have opponets who will work with you, and so far I have had that.

So all I am saying is playing ahead is probably the way to go, and you can achieve a lot of a games in a short amount of time. Good luck. BTW Yes I have been docked as well, but hey lets move on and play our games. Hell MP you are just a couple weeks away from winning the first MLB Season Crown. :)

No Streaming Account
  8. mnkytrix

mnkytrix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We have said all along that if you are having problems with your opponents, just let us know so we can contact him and see what's going on with them. We just ask that you communicate with us, so that we can make everything run as smoothly as possible.

No Streaming Account
  9. CanEHdian

CanEHdian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well he can have the regular season crown but Im sure it'll be a different game when playoffs come around.

No Streaming Account
  10. t_roy

t_roy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  11. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Plenty of people here have played alot of games in a short period of time. T roy banged out a huge backlog of NHL games when he took over the Lightning. I played about 6 weeks worth of NHL and MLB games in a span of 6-10 days. Tris10 took 2 months off and was able to catch up in about 2 weeks.

Asking someone to catchup on 3 or 4 missed games that they were gone for vacation for, as well as play the 3 or 4 game currently scheduled, IMO is not a big deal.

No Streaming Account
  12. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How about knowing what happened and what the situation was before you make stupid posts like this? Just my opinion.

In this baseball league we are getting penalized for going out of town. We arent even given a chance to catchup. Goalie is expecting us to play all of our games before we leave which is what we are all complaining about.

Besides you cant comment on crap as you work at home and thats all you do is play video games. :roll:

No Streaming Account
  13. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tell that to my $300k+ mortgage and $1000k+ car payments.

Just because I work from home doesn't mean that I play games all day. People that do that generally live in mommy's basement, and don't have families, homes, cars, etc...

You can quit with the attitude, it's getting tired. I do know the situation, I've been following along, in here as well as in the admin forums. I've made numberous posts about it and the fact remains that if a planned vacation is noted in advance, those games can be turned on early. If they can't get played in advance, that's fine, you'll be given an extra week (or however many days you were gone) to play those missed games. The problem is that people are not getting those games made up in a timely fashion and are forgetting that they have to play those missed games, as well as the games for the current week.

If a 3/game week commitment is too much for some of you during vacation season, maybe taking next summer off would be a better idea so we don't have to hear so much bitching next year.

No Streaming Account
  14. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    All these statements are exactly what i thought before i was deducted the points...EXACTLY

But I just got off vacation, and got deducted... i still have that one week according to the statements above...

DOES ANYBODY SEE MY ARGUEMENT AND NOT UNDERSTAND..

No Streaming Account
  15. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I see it and understand it. Nosice got back from Vacation on the 25th correct?

No Streaming Account
  16. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We're looking into it, and talking with all of the commissioners so that we can have some sort of universal way of handling late games and vacations site-wide. First season's for leagues are sometimes trial and error, especially with first time commissioners. Patience guys.

No Streaming Account
  17. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If you can do that, Ill let you win our season game in NCAA... :wink:

No Streaming Account
  18. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This why I'm wondering why Shush and I got docked. Jon claims that we should be given a week after we get back to play but that was not the case, which is why we are ALL PISSED that we are getting docked.

No Streaming Account
  19. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Again: Patience guys.

I'm glad to seem some people are fired up about having their meter less than 100%. Good, very good. That was the intent from the beginning.

We'll get the system figured out though. Obviously MP if you were gone and then when you returned Shush was gone, then those games shouldn't be overdue... we're looking into it, but it's hard getting 5 admins to discuss it and 2 commish's when we all have different schedules.

No Streaming Account
  20. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I guess you forgot, we already played our season game (seems like forever ago).

Instead, just do me a favor and take down the Longhorns next week. :wink:

No Streaming Account