WOW

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by Guest, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Ted Danson

Ted Danson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't know, I'm of the school where you use the run to set up the pass. You're pretty good with Holmes... I guess you tried running to the side away from the blitz, or right up the gut?

As for the bullet passing, I kind of got used to bad receivers, so even in 2k4 I very rarely used bullet passing. I still need to work on my passing game in 2k5, but I still believe if you run the ball effectively, the opponent will start using the run-stopping defenses, and this allows you to get the coverage on your receiver that you want (or lack thereof) and exploit it. If I can't get my running game on track I feel like I have already lost.

I'm rambling again :)

No Streaming Account
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I couldnt run becasue hes playing bear with all his guys up in the box. Ravens D players dont miss tackles. :( I used to drool when I saw those kind of Defensive calls.

cant pass because Im on my ass every time
    I mean I did ok I had 250 yards offense to his 200 but when someone runs the same D every play all game I feel I should win by 234234324234 points.

Unlike last year I dont see any real quick strike counter plays to tards that stack the line and blitz.

3. IndigoVDub

IndigoVDub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Maybe I've just been lucky but I haven't really had any trouble with people being able to run the same play over and over. And like Ted said you kind of have to run in order to set up the pass, if someone is expecting you to pass every play they'll shut it down as they should.

No Streaming Account
  4. swack1010

swack1010 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not always, with the terrible AI and the hot route function someone who knows what they're doing can pass every down, with you knowing it, and be extremely effective.

I need to work on my passing game a good amount, I can run the ball alright, but for some reason I get away from it and just want to throw bombs. Haha it wasn't my pass offense you were having trouble with account, if I could have thrown the ball on you I might have gotten the win, I just got down to much to do it completely with Portis.

No Streaming Account
  5. Giotto

Giotto Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Your game is better then mine, but when someone starts blitzing i just hot route an inside receiver TE: Shocky or WR: Tommer straight and pass right away to him, as long as it isnt a play action pass, i can avoid the sack and the receiver will GO ALL THE WAY!!!. Its one aspect i really like. Last year i would pass in the flats for 10yds, but that hasnt worked this year.

No Streaming Account
  6. Giotto

Giotto Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I should add last night i had someone do the same thing, 8 men in the box, bear, whatever you call it. He even would pull a lineman off the line, like MP mentioned earlier. i had little to no time, and his backs where in bump and run with my receiver's. It was really frustrating, I could only get my passes of half the time to my inside receiver before getting sacked. And if i did get my pass of to the receiver the other half of the time the receiver was no where near the ball in bump and run. Really pissed me off. I could occasionally run it up the middle but then he would close his lineman up.

No Streaming Account
  7. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If they are bumping, motion a receiver that's on a slant pattern to the middle they should be able to get free.

No Streaming Account
  8. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When they do that glitch many times it doesnt matter what routes your recievers are running as they sack you before they get off the line anyways.

No Streaming Account
  9. jmarks2001

jmarks2001 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, it used to be easy to call a 3-step drop play (90) and audible to a slant route to beat this D. But the 3-step drop has turned into a 1-step drop and doesn't pull the QB back far away enough from the line. I've found you're better off calling a play that uses a 5-step drop and unloading the ball halfway into it. However, if you're doing this on a slant-route, the QB has a tendency to lead the receiver too much if he hasn't completed his drop, so use max passing to correct for this.

No Streaming Account
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice, I have tried that recently and it does work. You gonna play in the espn league?