anyone ever play a guy with the GT of Death?

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by Pyrogerbil, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Pyrogerbil

Pyrogerbil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    anyone ever play a g

IF you see him pls play him and tell me how to beat him. I cannot figure out how to play against this D and hes nothing special its just he gets in to preassure my QB every play and I couldnt run on his D either.

No Streaming Account
  2. macteago

macteago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    He's using the D-Line glitch against you.

You can call a really good pass defense, select a DE or DT before the snap, right when the ball is snapped you can hit L and get in untouched, amd I mean literally untouched 90% of the time.

Online play versus randomns is beginning to become a combo of using this glitch on D and running with the qb on O. It really makes you apprecaite when you play someone really good that plays straight up.

Most leagues are adopting a "no manual D-Line" rule, only way to stop people from abusing a flaw in the game...

No Streaming Account
  3. Drake

Drake <b>Administrator</b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is running with the QB considered a glitch too? Seems like that would be easy enough to stop if you played a LB on defense to spy him.

No Streaming Account
  4. TommyNuGuns

TommyNuGuns Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    From what I've heard from others the spy doesn't work properly in this game.

No Streaming Account
  5. Drake

Drake <b>Administrator</b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh that sucks.

Well you could do it manually too. Just follow him with a LB.

No Streaming Account
  6. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow. Maybe you guys want to use 2k4 again for the 4th season and scrap 2k5?

No Streaming Account
  7. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There is nothing wrong with 2k5 unless you play with glitchers. Kind of like MotoGP... there was nothing wrong with racing unless you were playing ~*~*running into walls and appearing on the other end of the track... :p

No Streaming Account
  8. TommyNuGuns

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If no one abuses the cheap tactics then the games are fun.

No Streaming Account
  9. Soysauce21

Soysauce21 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No Streaming Account
  10. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How do you propose to restrict these tactics for league games and how do you police them?

Is it very obvious when someone is using these techniques to get through the lineman?

For the other one, scrambling isn't a glitch or cheese IMO. The QB spy play doesn't work on it's own (game is broken, hope for a patch) so you have to manually take control and spy with that LB. As long as you can call the right defenses against a scrambler and have them work, then it's not cheese in my mind.

Same goes with spreading your defensive line out. Different game, but I do this all of the time in NCAA and speed rush the end's to put pressure on the QB. I only spread them as far as the line audible will take them though, I don't walk them out into the slot. Even so, if I would, there's a counter move to stop me (extra blockers, run counters or draw inside that tackle that I'm going around, take shorter drops, etc...). Until someone learns how to adjust their offense to compensate for DE's rushing from the outside, I don't stop doing it. IMO, that's not cheese either. It's all about being able to make a countermove to compensate for what the other guy is doing, like a chess match if you will. Now, if the game is broken so that it doesn't allow you to counteract something your opponent is doing, then the "cheese" factor comes into play and we have to look at limiting the abuse of said tactic.

No Streaming Account
  11. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No it would be easy to police. It's pretty obvious when they start moving their DL's all over the place...not to mention they will probably have a rediculous amount of sacks in the final game stats. If league gaming were to run a espn league I would highly suggest making it illegal to manually play with the D-Line.

Soysauce just posted the link to a thread were they say how the qb spy option works.

No Streaming Account
  12. TommyNuGuns

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I dont really know if I buy that qb spy stuff. Seems like there is alot of things you have to make sure you do or don't do in order for it to function properly.

No Streaming Account
  13. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Shouldnt matter anyways as you can control a linebacker and follow the QB yourself.

All you got to do according to that post is call a zone, dont MANUALLY blitz ( so im assuming you can still have the A.I. blitz ? ), and then just set a LB to do a QB spy. Not that hard really.

No Streaming Account
  14. TommyNuGuns

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Option 1 it says to pick a zone play but it can't have any blitzes in it.

No Streaming Account
  15. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not gonna happen. Alot of players exclusively control D-Linemen, and if they're not doing sort of glitch move it's not cheese. It's not cheese to move your lineman around, real lineman shift all over the place in real too. I've watched Leonard Little lineup around the hash marks in a real game, almost looking like an OLB or DB in the slot to speed rush the outside. Telling members that they can't use the DL just isn't realistic and is impossible to control.

If that's how the LB spy works, then it IS broken. A true spy play will put exclusive man-to-man coverage on the QB but instead of blitzing they will wait behind the line of scrimmage and play it more like a zone. However, the assigned spy should never have to divert his attention to a RB coming out of the backfield (another defender should be assigned to that player).

No Streaming Account
  16. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I dont play many people that exclusively control D-Linemen and the people that do generally arent any good on defense anyways as they are letting their AI do all the real work. You OBVIOUSLY havent seen the glitch so you have no idea what im talking about when I say they move their linemen all over the place. It is a definite glitch move. I think everyone controlling the D-Line needs to step up to the plate and start controlling LB's and DB's and stop letting the A.I. run the show. It will only make you a better player anyways.

No Streaming Account
  17. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No, I don't know the moves you are talking about, but just because someone controls the D-Line to start doesn't mean they don't know how to play defense or are letting the AI "run the show". The fact is, you can only control 1 out 11 players at one time. Controlling a LB in coverage each play is then letting the AI "run the show" at getting after the QB. I typically start the play controlling a lineman or linebacker assigned to the blitz, and if a run play is called in the opposite direction, you switch to the closest man. If it's a pass and the QB gets the ball off, then you switch to the DB and play coverage. Starting the play in the secondary doesn't make someone better than anyone else. IMO, it means they stuck at defensive line moves (ie. swim moves, spins, etc) and are letting the AI do that for them. :laugh:

Anyway, the point is that you can't run a league with a bunch of gameplay restrictions. They don't make for friendly leagues and they end up causing flame wars and arguements that the commissioners have no way of knowning who's telling the truth. It's the same reason why we've never limited any sort of gameplay in the NHL league (swoop, slapper, diving, etc) because it's too difficult to play moderator in a game that you aren't watching and all of those moves (in NHL) can be countered by opposing strategies.

No Streaming Account
  18. IndigoVDub

IndigoVDub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Jon just doesn't want to lose his primary method of defense :)

No Streaming Account
  19. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Getting front pressure is the key to any defense. If you give the QB all day to make a pass, you can have an AllPro secondary get eaten up, in any game.

No Streaming Account
  20. IndigoVDub

IndigoVDub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You can easily get pressure in this game without using your DL and rushing around the outside or swimming right through the middle. Just need to call different types of defense and different stunts.

No Streaming Account