League Settings Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming G-League (LGGL)' started by Guest, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So here are our poll items:

12 Week or 16 Week

Performance EQ On or Off

I am going to play my games tonight with the performance EQ ON.

No Streaming Account
  2. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Shush, you wanna play me now?

Gajeske85
  3. ExArmySgt

ExArmySgt <b>Madden NFL Commissioner </b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, it's funny because I had suggested an EQ thing with NCAA and the response I got was basically "we've never used it before" and something to the effect that they didn't want all the QB's scrambling like a Michael Vick. I argued that it would be easier to fill up a league with those teams that aren't as good as others. Secondly, it would force people to win games on their own merit rather than by "better" team. I'm all for it though I've not played with the settings. I'm all for the 16 week schedule. It allows for a lot of flexibility as I'm sure there are those who only have certain days they can play. Plus, there are other games coming out that will occupy our time.

No Streaming Account
  4. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yea, I'm not sure about the EQ, but one game a week should do just fine. Most people might be playing other games as well so overall it would probably be best if the league ran one game a week.

Gajeske85
  5. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I played one game tonight with it on and I didn't like it. It really dumbed down my offense. Way too many dropped passes that were wide open. Gonna play the same two teams with it off and see what happens.

:fphi: vs. :fstl:

I didn't notice the Eagles missing any of their power. Their D was tight, had a solid passing and running game.

I alos noticed that my guys dropped or missed the kick off 3 times. Never happened before.

This was on Legend with the EQ on. I didn't think our AI was EQ at all.

No Streaming Account
  6. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Another thought, I noticed the run was dumbed down as well. Too many broken tackles. Faulk was carrying the Eagle D for 6-7 yards after the hit. Westbrook was a tank. Also, kickoff returns increased. I'm going to play again on Legend with the EQ off and see what I think then.

I suggest all of you guys try it out.

No Streaming Account
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ive never used EQ I assumed it meant if you got up by 20 the guy down suddenly had superman at every posistion and the guy up 20 had a bunch of idiots on his team. Im not into penalizing people for getting a lead. no thanks

8. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Played another 2 games tonight with it on. One agains the :fcar: with Army and one against the :fdal: with Stang. I am officially against the Performance EQ.

The game I had with Army was actually a great game. I still noticed most of what I commented on above. The game with Stang was a blowout. Mostly due to my own mistakes on, what else, Defense. Again, though, there seemed to be way too many cheese plays. On both sides. More so on mine. Throwing off balance into triple coverage and caught. Crap like that.

Also, Stang actually sacked me for a safety and no safety was scored. Weird. I'm done testing the performance EQ. Not a good idea in my opinion.

No Streaming Account
  9. Nick MurderFace

Nick MurderFace Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree with pretty much everything that has been discussed (16 week, 1 game per 7 days, so on and so on and so on). The one thing that I might suggest is with the padding of stats. Before you jump down my throat at the idea hear me out.......If someone has a low rated team and gets there a$$ handed to them repeatedly, and they want to improve their stats. When an oppritunity arises for that to happen I think we should be able to. Like if I was the Steelers and I was 0-6 with horrible stats and I was playing the Bengles, beating them 35-7 and I had the oppritunity to keep running up the score, I could to improve my stats. Make sense?

No Streaming Account
  10. BleedBlueBlood

BleedBlueBlood Baron Von Sauerkraut

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0
    do you think they would do that in the NFL? Even with an 0-6 record....I think not.

That's why I think we should play EQ on as it puts everyone on the same page this season. The worst player from this season should get first choice of teams next season and so forth with EQ OFF. That way it's somewhat more level for the next season too. But going by the thread I doubt EQ's will be on. Seems like people are worried too much about their stats,ie. dropped passes, broken tackles, etc. Instead of making it fair for everyone. It's funny, most people against EQ have highly rated teams.

Oh well, I'm just here to have fun and play SIM ball, so do whatever you guys want :)

BleedBlueBlood
  11. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried playing with the EQ off? I don't have a highly rated team and I am totally against it. It ruins the game. It doesn't put the teams on a level playing field at all. If we wanted that, we could all be the Eagles and see who is the master of the controller.

As for next season, the way it works at LG is the team you managed last season is yours next season unless you want to trade with someone in the league or another team becomes available. Some of these guys have been managing these squads for 4 seasons now.

I want to have a fun simulated season. There are going to be trades and injuries to level the playing field. Not to mention that if you are good at this game (which I am not) and you have a real understanding for football (which I do not) you can win with any team.

No Streaming Account
  12. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    PRIMO stop drinking so early in the morning! :p No padding, no running up scores. If you are 0-6 and are able to run up the score on someone how is that going to make the guy you are running up on feel?

We play as close to professional style as we can. You'll have your stats. I am in the MLB league here and in last place in my division. If you look at my games they all have been decided but a run or two. What makes it fun for me is I have a couple of guys up their with the league leaders.

No Streaming Account
  13. ExArmySgt

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    At least we have the choice though. From the sound of it, Madden has a equalizer built in. Yeah, that's sim. :roll:

No Streaming Account
  14. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I haven't noticed any equalizer. :roll: Although when I'm getting killed I wouldnt mind having an equalizer... :(

No Streaming Account
  15. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like to say that I would prefer 12 weeks now, that is still a 3 month season.

No Streaming Account
  16. ExArmySgt

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Several of your Maddenite partners seem to think there's one.

No Streaming Account
  17. USN Squid

USN Squid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm anti-EQ. Let trades and people's lack of knowledge be the equalizer.

No Streaming Account
  18. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    AMEN.

MP, do you lose? I sure hope you get pounded with school work so some of us get a chance! :)

No Streaming Account
  19. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well they can think all they want but that doesnt mean one exists... 8)

No Streaming Account
  20. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hope not :cry:

No Streaming Account