Halo 2 season 2 suggestions

Discussion in 'Halo 5' started by CheeeseHead20, Dec 6, 2004.

1. CheeeseHead20

CheeeseHead20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Halo 2 season 2 sugg

didn't see a thread on this so I thought I'd throw some ideas out.

1. Make more, smaller teams, teams of maybe 6-12 members, and play 1 or 2 rooms. This makes much more matches and different people to play.

2. I dunno...

No Streaming Account
  2. Burner1489

Burner1489 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yea, make more teams would make it very competitive

No Streaming Account
  3. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My suggestion is we don't have one. It's embarassing.

No Streaming Account
  4. GrandmasterB

GrandmasterB GRAPHIC ASSASSIN

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Embarassing? I take it you mean because nobody is being reliable and showing up for matches.

No Streaming Account
  5. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That and all the childlike behavior this game induces.

No Streaming Account
  6. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Cha-ching. I have never seen so much whining until this league came out. Halo 2 brought out the worst in most people :roll:

Gajeske85
  7. GrandmasterB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    In my opinion we started it off way too big. It should've been long time LGers to start and then add more people as we go. We need to test the settings and get everything right before launching head first into the Abyss.

Our game Saturday sucked Shush (IMO). 3v3 on one of the largest maps in the game was ridiculous. Well I should say 3v2. I love this game, and I think the league play could work, it just needs some testing and better rules.

No Streaming Account
  8. burntCanunck

burntCanunck Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it was a bit crazy, but shush and ortho held their own.

even in slayer where they scored 2 rounds and 1 round in bomb and ctf.

No Streaming Account
  9. GrandmasterB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    The did well...I'm not trying to take anything away from their performance.

I'm just saying that Headlong is a map for 10+ players, not 6. If this league is going to make it to a second season we need to make it enjoyable.

No Streaming Account
  10. SAMMYISTHEONE

SAMMYISTHEONE SHOOP DA WHOOP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Let's see:

1. How about even teams? I don't know how the drafts work at this site, but it's not very good. Certain teams were getting stacked while others would only have a few good players. Instead of just picking random names from a hat, take a persons skill into account. Oh, and stop looking at someones post count or length of membership at this site as an indicator of their skill level.:?

2. Can we stop with the trash talking? I'm not going to name a team or specific player, but the trash talking at this site is insane. I've seen better sportsmanship in random matchmaking games!:shock: Oh, and if someone is owning the crap out of you, and you finally manage to kill them a couple times, DON'T TALK SHIT! You still suck and you're only making yourself look like an ass.:roll:

Other than that, this league was a blast!8) :roll:

No Streaming Account
  11. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think GMB hit it right on the head... we rushed into this league. Maybe it was all the hype about Halo 2 and it finally being here. With that said, we should have taken the same amount of time to develop this league as we do all our other leagues.

No Streaming Account
  12. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Sammy, we (as Captains) for the most part were going into the draft blind since we didn't have time to evaluate everyone's skills. My strategy in the draft was to get familiar names that I knew would work well together. If I happen to know that a person was skilled at the game and a good person, they were top priority.

As for looking at post count and length of membership, I think we should've looked at that a lot harder. Off-hand I think my team has gone through at least 8 members. The vast majority of those having just joined the site or had low post counts. Needless to say, those guys are no longer on the team. Therefore, their reliability is a huge measure of how they'll do in a league. Plus, I'm not even taking into account how many times we had no-shows in a room because of these members.

But for the first season there really wasn't much we could do as no one knew what they were getting in the draft. It does seem that certain teams were stacked, but there were five of us in the draft room and I can't even count how many times "Well, I don't know about this person so I'm just taking a shot in the dark" was said that night.

No Streaming Account
  13. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think that has been the most frustrating part.. is how to handle the no shows, last minute notices of needing an alt., and the guys that just arent active enough to count on...

No Streaming Account
  14. GrandmasterB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    If and when the league launches again, I'd say if you sign up to be an alternate you need to be in the pregame setup. No more having to hunt down alternates.

Alternates should sign up for a couple matches just like the weekly signup. Then captains assign those people to matches (ie. 1 alternate for 3v3 and 2 for 6v6). Then 30 minutes before the start of the match be in the party ready to go just in case.

No Streaming Account
  15. SAMMYISTHEONE

SAMMYISTHEONE SHOOP DA WHOOP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, some of the captains must have had "insider" information because they seemed to get all the good picks, while the others captains got lucky with one or two of their picks. Oh well, those are the only suggestions I can think of. Better draft system and less S-H-I-T talking. Since you can't control participation. I mean, you can ask someone, "Hey, are you going to participate fully or check in if you can't make it?" And they'll most likely answer, "Yeah, I'll play every week." And than they're never heard from again. Happens in every league.:(

No Streaming Account
  16. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't want to really dwell on this since this is a suggestion thread, but I'm the Captain of the 2nd place team and can HONESTLY say I had no "insider" information. Now, I've been gaming with some of these guys for around a year now so I kind of knew their abilities. But most of what I knew was their sports gaming abilities since I met them mostly at this site. The other side of that is the other Captain's joined around the same time I did so they all had the same knowledge.

There is a re-draft of teams being discussed (not concrete, just being discussed) for this reason. The thing is, this was Season 1 so obviously you're going to learn a lot about everyone's abilities and personalities during this time. Knowing the Captains like I do, I think the draft was handled quite well and don't think a change is needed with how it is conducted since all of them (us) are stand-up individuals.

I'm not discounting your suggestion by any means, I just know these guys really well so I'm confident that there was a lot of "luck of the draw" with the draft.

No Streaming Account
  17. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree with the teams.. i really felt it was the new blood which if you remember in the interest thread that cause a little arguement.. People wasnt too sure of the new blood being a good idea...

I mean we've gained some and we also got a couple of bad apples out of it too...

The whole league discussion on suggestions should be about the settings..

Attitude should already be settled as well as reliability..

After my brother having his problems, reliabilty can change quickly but this was too much, people dropping like flies leaving rooms with there team down..

The next try should be all about the settings..

No Streaming Account
  18. D NAK

D NAK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I suggest we just let clans sign up.......

No Streaming Account
  19. Conner McCloud

Conner McCloud Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    no.

No Streaming Account
  20. Nick MurderFace

Nick MurderFace Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Its kinda funny that this is coming from somebody that has " You Just Got Owned" in your avy. :D :D :D And trash talking is kewl if it is mutual between two player and both are having fun. I.E. Me and MP where tearing each other to shreads but after the game we said no hard feeling and laughed about it for like 5 mins.

No Streaming Account