Season 1 Closed !

Discussion in 'Halo 5' started by TMG620, Dec 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TMG620

TMG620 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Due to teams having to play short-handed week after week as a result of limited signups and/or alternates not being available, complaints about settings, recent accusations of glitching, etc. The Halo 2 ? Season 1 League has been dissolved.

After hearing discussions week in and week out from the Captains of each team regarding settings and team signups, we feel that it is best that we dissolve this Season 1 and chalk it up to being a test league. Therefore, we are going to take some time out to re-evaluate the league. Included in these discussions will be a re-drafting of all members, settings changes, rules adjustments, etc.

We apologize to all of those who have made every attempt at making this league a success. However, in order for it to be the successful league that we are all accustomed to at LG, we need some time to point things in the right direction. We feel we owe you, our members, this respect and give you a product that you have come to rely on here at LG.

For now, we ask that you post any recommendations in the Halo 2 forum so we can discuss these issues.

Again, we apologize for this. But due to recent events, we foresee that the league will not have enough participation to continue on with this test season.

Thank you.

No Streaming Account
  2. CheeeseHead20

CheeeseHead20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My reccomendation:

give us a league now! I loved this thing and dont want to have to wait till January to play in a league again

No Streaming Account
  3. CanEHdian

CanEHdian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow looks like someone should get right on that eh? :p

No Streaming Account
  4. CheeeseHead20

CheeeseHead20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll do it if I have too...

No Streaming Account
  5. Burner1489

Burner1489 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow closed down because they couldn't just take 1 loss........

No Streaming Account
  6. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No, much more than that. Trust me.

No Streaming Account
  7. Burner1489

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    no trust me thats what it was, our team never had any problems and they weren't even that bad. Now they lose 1 game and their unbeatable record is no more they shut the league down. I think it is sad and I would be very embarrassed.

No Streaming Account
  8. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :laugh: Ok, I'll trust you since I was only a Captain of one of the teams and have no clue what was happening with the league as a whole ;)

No Streaming Account
  9. TommyNuGuns

TommyNuGuns Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Their was a vote for all the captains and admins. The majority voted to close it down for a multitude of reasons.

No Streaming Account
  10. Burner1489

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok but what started all this??? That sunday night game started all of this, if the Mercs. would of won last night I guarantee this league would see be going forward.

No Streaming Account
  11. SkaLicious

SkaLicious I Bleed Blue Blood

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I'm glad I didn't pay for another whole year of XBL. The only reason I got Live again was to play in this league. It's too bad it's come to this, cuz I had fun win or lose. I sure notice a change in LG though since I was last playing in the NHL league. It seems like there's a ton of new faces and the whole LG experience seems like a bunch of people take video games way to seriously instead of just being a bunch of guys looking to have some fun and make some new friends. Anyways, best wishes to everyone and I'll catch you guys later.

No Streaming Account
  12. Pezhead

Pezhead Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm with Ska on this one (although I'm not a veteran of the site). I too think people were taking it way too seriously and took all the fun out of it. It really ruined the experience. Anyway, best of luck guys with the rest of the league... hope they work out better.

No Streaming Account
  13. Skater

Skater LG Vet

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Until you put forth hours upon hours of making scoreboards for the league(s) and your own money to keep the site running, shut up and stop blaming a certain someone for the first season getting canceled

No Streaming Account
  14. Drake

Drake <b>Administrator</b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You are clueless. What part of "There was a vote of ALL captains and admins " is confusing you? That means ALL 4 teams voted and has nothing to do with one game.

No Streaming Account
  15. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i personally believe that there shouldnt be the a halo league...

AFter all of this.. it only brings out the worse in people..

After trying to gather the facts of what really happen, i realize what happen to Killing spree on saturday night, was what happen to the mercs on Sunday night... nothing more frustrating of being in the lead and then after lag come back and realize your lead is no more... And From what i heard.. the mercs were the same way..

When i saw that they might play sunday over i felt like we should play saturday over for the same reason.. And as they accused of cheating, I accused people of cheating... Because of the same instance.. after a lag break the total outcome changed in minutes and in our case seconds...

i feel really embarrassed after yesterday.. and it was first on me... but now i feel embarrassed for the whole site... ive been trying to get people over here to play.. so we could keep this thing going... And after this episode, i realized that this is more of dark time for LG.. People wanting to win so bad that the fun had to leave.. And im talking about Tris, if some want to take it that way.. We're guilty of it.. wanting that win so bad that we're wanting to quit. In the lobbies of this game, a lot of trash talk that just wasnt warranted... IT's really brought the worse in us...

I dont really think the format helped but our attitudes turned us crazy.. now still see great things in the other leagues.. because nobody has carried it over... Which i certainly appreciate.. But as for this league.. I would hope that we can get back to week 1 with a good format, and better understanding that the game is not so important as is having fun while we play...

I again apologize to thewhole site and to the prophets for my actions...

No Streaming Account
  16. Pinstripe Moose

Pinstripe Moose Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's a sad thing that this had to end, but when it's said and done it will probably be the best thing for the site. I was only involved in this for two weeks and really didn't have a bad expirience (except for having to play shorthanded my first week).

I hope I don't offend any of the new guys with this statement, but the immature level of people this game has brought to this site has created what Nosice has called a "dark time". I'm not saying all of you are bad guys...or don't know how to handle your stuff, but IMO this league actually has had a negative effect on our other leagues here at LG.

But in defense of the newer guys on this site (I like to contradict myself a lot)...it's not all their fault. I'm sure we all remember some of the stuff that we had to deal with in the Links league. The problem may not be the game nor the memebers...but maybe the "team" aspect for these leagues (I'm not sure of what happened in Top Spin, before my time here).

I do however think that if you are not behind the scenes and do not know what is being discussed in the admin forum, you probably should keep your mouth shut about why this league ended. Of course the timing makes Sunday look like a prime suspect, but YOU DON'T KNOW. Hell I don't know. I do know that when Tris talked me into joining the Prophets there was concern that our team had major attendance issues...the reason I was placed on the team a couple of hours before our Friday match.

How can anyone expect this league to be successful if you can't fill roster spots? This has nothing to do about winning and losing, it's about having fun right!? Well it's no fun for the captains or teammates have to run around at the last minute to find replacements for no shows or to beg people to sign up so that there would be full rooms. If you really wanted this league to work, you'd stop finger pointing and be a little pro-active in helping the admins get Season 2 right with suggestions and testing.

No Streaming Account
  17. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bingo!

No Streaming Account
  18. Patriarch

Patriarch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are the player reliability meters still being employed? They should be and they should be fairly strict.

It doesn't take a lot to commit to a schedule and then follow through. The whole key is communication.

As far as lag is concerned, it will always be present. It's kinda like luck of the draw. Perhaps a few dedicated servers could be established that are known to be good connections.

I'm not accusing anyone of glitching, but to avoid the appearance of glitching, would a dedicated server eliminate that? Isn't the glitch initiated by the host? Obviously, I don't know everything about it. I haven't ever tried to use it and I don't think I have seen it being used.

I would also like to see established games that are consitent from week to week. Different maps, but the same games. Perhaps we could throw one new variant to mix things up, but consistency would be attractive to me.

That being said, a team of 12-18 could work through all the variants over the next few weeks to ensure that all of the quirks are worked out and that the games are competitive without being drudgery.

Eliminate the 2 hour marathons and the 5 min slaughters. Three games that last between 20 - 30 mins each would be ideal in my opinion.

That's more than 2 cents worth, so I will shut up and read what you guys think.

PS: bitchin' about what happened in the past will not be constructive for this league.

No Streaming Account
  19. NEODARK

NEODARK Hakuna Matata

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You sir,

Are an ASSHOLE, I'll glady kick your ass anyday anywhere, bring it on biotch. It's because of people like you that the league had problems, you are too quick to cry foul with out even evaluating all possibilities or matters in the issue at hand. This is a game dont live by it, stop crying and move on, we already have...

PS: yeah I think you suck for making such claims

-NEODARK

No Streaming Account
  20. Conner McCloud

Conner McCloud Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Actually NeoDark, it's those types of responses that have brought this league to an end.

I realize this is blantently obvious to some of us, it just bewilders me that some of you guys just don't get the fact that you've ruined it for yourselves. It's not what happened any one night, its everyone that talked trash, didn't show up, bombed someone on the forums or accused other parties of wrong-doing. (I am not excluding myself from this group as I too have fallen on a couple swords lately).

No Streaming Account
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.