Season 1 Closed !

Discussion in 'Halo 5' started by TMG620, Dec 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. U2MOFO

U2MOFO Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well for what its worth I had plenty of fun in the 4 weeks + that the league was on. Im very sad that it ended but when you have a vote by the captains its hard to argue with. I really hope things can be touched up and fixed so that a full season can take place with reliable players for the sake of FUN! I have only been on this site since this Halo league and have met some great guys.

Basically I am saying to those in charge.... please bring back the league! I know it can work with some carefull planning and a picky draft. I say if you missed 1 single game without a good reason then your SOL for the next season. Keep the league small and close.... respect eachother and things will go great.

The stats that were created for this site by Tris are simply amazing! One of a kind!

I had fun and I am very sad its over for this season but please see that many of us showed up on time every week to have fun, these are the people that need to be playing together in a league!

Keep us posted on the status of a hopefull TRUE Season 1!

No Streaming Account
  2. NEODARK

NEODARK Hakuna Matata

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well thats according to you connor, and its your opinion and its cool with me, however, when you make such unfounded accusations you are bound to get a backlash, its ovious, I never had a single problem @ any of the sites I visit, ppl know me and know how I am, but ppl like this piss me off, they are such little brats and all they do is complain one way or another because something wasn't the way they liked it. So of course im going to say something...

I cant believe how we have such cry -babies for a damn game, they need to "grow up" you know?? next time dont make such wide asumptions ;)

But who cares, the person I really feel bad for is Tris10, he put forth such amazing effort with the kick ass scoreboard and a league fron the ground up and to have it go to waste because a few pricks is a shame

No Streaming Account
  3. SkaLicious

SkaLicious I Bleed Blue Blood

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a feeling this thread will be closed soon. :S We all just need to let it go, season 1 is over. No matter the reason, Halo 2 on LG is on pause as of now. It's too bad that it's come to this, but it has. All we can do it all try to come up with some constructive sudgestions for season 2, then hopfuly those of us who enjoyed playing for the fun of it will be able to get back into some kind of league.

No Streaming Account
  4. GrandmasterB

GrandmasterB GRAPHIC ASSASSIN

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Can you guys go back to TMG's original post and see what he asked for? Suggestions on how we can possibly rebuild the league...not making accusations and pointing fingers. It's for these reasons and many more that the captains shut down league play.

For example:
    1. Make alternates accountable. If you sign up to be an alternate don't make your team hunt you down at game time. Show up early and join the party. If there's an empty space you can jump right in and get into the mix.

2. More teams, with fewer members. I think a team of 20 people is a pain to manage. Why not have 6 to 10 teams of 9 to 12 people?

2.1 Have two matches per week instead of four. This way you can have a 6v6 match and 3v3 match with 3 alternates left over.

3. Remember...it's all just a game. We're all here to enjoy the comraderie we build online. Let's enjoy ourselves!

If I think of anything else I'll add it later on.

No Streaming Account
  5. SkaLicious

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just thought I'd post these ideas here too, just incase. :D

No Streaming Account
  6. SkaLicious

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I like this idea too! :)

No Streaming Account
  7. StupidLester

StupidLester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Smaller teams maybe 6 man

more teams

No Streaming Account
  8. Burner1489

Burner1489 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So tell me something I have said that wasn't true?? Don't act like i caused this league to fall too, I have done nothing and in fact this is the only time I have pissed people off. I have never complained about anything of this Halo2 league, I thought it was going smooth untill this. This is the first time I have made comments that pissed people off. :x

No Streaming Account
  9. D NAK

D NAK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    JUST LET CLANS SIGN UP! It will make the league known, and it would be much easier to organize.

No Streaming Account
  10. TommyNuGuns

TommyNuGuns Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That will bring on a whole new world of trouble my friend.

No Streaming Account
  11. D NAK

D NAK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It might, but if you choose the right people/clans, things will go much better and this will be active.

No Streaming Account
  12. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Personally i hate CLANS...dont know why just do. Too people that are too competitive will have the same results that happened with the test league. Whining, taunting and whatnot was pretty much unheard of in this league site unless it was in good fun and the other person understood that also. Same reason why i like this site and like the effort and time put in by Tris and every other contributed to better it.

I personally was pretty sad that the league was dismanteled. The first few games were damn fun to play in and i never cared to check the forums to see any complains seing as our team forum was most of the time happy with our results(in game).

Showing up was the global issue throughout the our group and others also. ehh

getting back to the topic...

i dont really know were to start on suggesting ideas for the next official league but smaller groups would be a start along with better game settings to keep the games fun and fast. Plus the drafting :D j/k all...relax.

my 2 cents on everything.

haha...just realized the suggestions thread is not this one...this is the complain thread :D j/k again :twisted:

No Streaming Account
  13. gmoney4479

gmoney4479 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was only in this league for three weeks, but I enjoyed the hell out of it. I think that if you are more careful about who is drafted in order to make sure that they're respectful and dependable this league could be very successful. I appreciate all the effort that the builders of this site put in and I just want to let them know that everyone that I've spoken to online has expressed that they are awed by what you guys have done. I hope the "kinks" can get worked out so another season is possible and all the people that were here to have fun can do so again. Cuz that's what's most important, Fun!

No Streaming Account
  14. SkaLicious

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think WilloMan makes a good point about keeping the games "fun and fast". We'll need to play around with the settings and everything but I think keeping all the rounds to around 20min is a good time frame to aim for. So with 3 rounds for each match that'd make it about 1 hour to complete a whole match. I think there were some rounds that lasted around or over 1 hour, and that simply way to long when you have 3 rounds to play in one night. :S Glad to see people still wanting to keep the Halo league around. gmoney has the right idea about keeping this a "fun" league. We may just have to turn down players who just can't remember this is just a game and we all just want to have a good time. Great ideas guys, keep em comming! :D

No Streaming Account
  15. Darthor

Darthor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to see smaller teams. Maybe cap the teams somewhere around 15 (max) each. Then have 5-6 players on each team in each room. Each team would play a match on Saturday and a match on Sunday for example. I didn't care for the rooms where all the teams (3x3x3x3) were in there. What did you guys think about that?

No Streaming Account
  16. TMG620

TMG620 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    You guys are tossing around some pretty good ideas, there just not in the spot.

Lets get these over in the Season 2 suggestions thread. :wink:

No Streaming Account
  17. SkaLicious

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    done and done! :D

No Streaming Account
  18. Patriarch

Patriarch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I thought this WAS the suggestion thread. Although it does seem to have morphed into the biatch thread.

No Streaming Account
  19. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    When I first saw that this league would only have 4 teams....I wondered if it would work. It seemed to be going good until no1 wanted to play. Leads me to think that the teams were way to damn big. It seemed like we let any1 in the league.....even if they were new. There should be more teams, smaller rosters, and only use proven LG members, although a lot of them are babies. Thats my 2 cents.

Gajeske85
  20. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My 2 cents is your post was actually pretty decent until you decided to call "A LOT" of proven LG members babies. :-& 8)

No Streaming Account
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.