Sound Card Problems?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by NYEXTREME, Jan 5, 2005.

1. NYEXTREME

NYEXTREME Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey guys i got a Hercules Game Theatre XP SOund card and when i plug my logitech z560 speakers into the back of the external rack i only get 3 out of the 4 speakers working my 2 back rear and my front right work buy my left front doesn't work when i pull the plug for the front wires a little out the front left works but then the front right doesn't i'm so confused and have no clue on what to do does anyone have any suggestion and no i'm not going to go buy another sound card i spent too much on my computer already.

No Streaming Account
  2. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: Sound Card Probl

Does your sound card support a 4 speaker set-up? That might be the first issue.

You may need to buy a plugin or something to allow it to support extra speakers.

No Streaming Account
  3. Babolat

Babolat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Make sure you have the correct speakers settings in your Windows settings.
    START
    CONTROL PANEL
    SOUND DEVICES
    SOUNDS AND AUDIO DEVICES
    ADVANCED

This happened to me when I got my 5.1 card. Only 2 of the 5 speakers were working, and this was why. If that doesn't work, then other problem that you might have (which I had as well) is making sure everything is plugged in correctly. On my sound card, I have 5 plug ins, but only use 3 to get all 5 speakers working. Double check on that. If that doesn't help, call the card manufacturer.

No Streaming Account
  4. NYEXTREME

NYEXTREME Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Socal yes my card supports 4.1 speakers it supports all the way up to 7.1

Babolat i tried what u said but still having same problems my connectors is at the back of the external rack which has 2 plugins then 4 rca plugins and 2 plugs 1 for center speaker & 1 for subwoofer but i putting the 2 connections in the right slot of the card i'm thinking i might need to get a 1/8" female to stereo rca Y cable and plug it into the rca slot for the 2 front speakers any idea if that will work?

No Streaming Account