Need some Madden Tips!

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by Babolat, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Babolat

Babolat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Need some Madden Tip

I need some tips on playing, or somewhere where I can good some good information to be a better player. I recently purchased Madden 2005 for the PC and it's the first Madden game I have ever purchased, or played - I have always played ESPN of the alternative for football games other then Madden. And with EA buying the rights for football for the next millenium, I better get used to playing Madden if I want to play football on a console or PC. I played online and totally got destroyed! But I really like the game based on the fact that I never gave it the time or day (I really dislike anything EA - but they do make good games), but now I want to get better. So can anyone point me out to some online (free) guides, or places to get some good stratagies.

Thanks in advanced!

Babolat

No Streaming Account
  2. SlickJay

SlickJay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For a SMALL FEE windless money does a little training on the side. I would recommend playing in practice mode on random and learning one solid play book. On the other hand I think I only won 2 or 3 games last season....:laugh:

No Streaming Account
  3. MGM

MGM Inactive

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Check out http://www.maddentips.com/

They have a yearly subscription service. I did both the Virtual Playbook and the Virtual Filmroom. The Playbook is really what you need to get started. The Filmroom is much more in-depth and calls for a tremenous amount of formation shifts. Most of which you wouldn't be able to perform before the snap. :roll:

I would highly recommend the playbook.

Good luck.

No Streaming Account
  4. Babolat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I won my first match against the PC on the All-Pro settings. I it was Eagles vs Ravens and the score was 6-3. My defense was awesome. The game is really good but I still suck. It's really hard to run, and pass. But as you can tell, I can kick field goals like a pro.

No Streaming Account
  5. ExArmySgt

ExArmySgt <b>Madden NFL Commissioner </b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey babolat, I guarantee I suck more. If you're looking for a game sometime, hit me up. We'll call it the SuckerBowl. :)

No Streaming Account
  6. All MiT Kev

All MiT Kev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    shoot army is lying he is killer at this game. and his in game commentary is second to none

No Streaming Account
  7. CanEHdian

CanEHdian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ain't that the truth Ruth :p

No Streaming Account
  8. Soysauce21

Soysauce21 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    just keep playing and u will get better..but by best tips is learn the offense plays..formations while on defences.. i always come across the player along the who like to use the same plays.. well at lest the formation.. leanr the formationa dn the plays that go with it. like the courner routes and who goes on the route..it really help ful to predict the plays..

No Streaming Account
  9. Babolat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Grrr...I still can't pass or run. Everytime I run there is never a hole and my blockers miss blocks. And I can't find the open reciever when I pass, and if I make a catch, its barely caught. And I can't intercept or block passes, I always miss. I suck and need more help!

No Streaming Account
  10. ExArmySgt

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Only half of that statement is true.

No Streaming Account
  11. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's the truth. I played Army 2 weeks ago, Steelers vs Packers. He held a lead all the way into the 4th, and restricted me to just two FG's, but then I scored a pair of TD passes to tie and win the game late in the 4th, 13-20.

No way do you suck Army.

No Streaming Account
  12. ExArmySgt

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, I don't know how to explain my particularly good outing against you Jon. It seems to have been an anomaly as I've done squat against just about everyone else.

No Streaming Account
  13. Soysauce21

Soysauce21 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    when running the ball dont even bother wiht the speed boost..look find the hole frist then use ur boost but be sure u can get thorugh the hole,,

when passing lead ur reciver.. read the coverge tight on the left/right side of the WR and try to throw away from the defender.

No Streaming Account
  14. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's a good tip. All the speed burst will do (if you use it in the backfield) will make you run into your O-Line and often the defense will come off blocks to tackle you. If you can resist the urge to speed burst until the hole develops and save it for more open field running, you'll be much better off.

No Streaming Account
  15. Kostas X

Kostas X Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Especially if you do find a hole and you break a run, the DB will catch you if you used up all of your speed burst. Then you have to start getting creating with running in a slanted direction and shit like that. =D

No Streaming Account
  16. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I gave this game a rent the other day. I wanted to see why every1 thought it was so good. I didn't think it was that bad. I still like ESPN better, but I think I am gonna buy Madden just as a change of pace.

Gajeske85
  17. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Lat, here's what I wrote to GrandmasterB and I think it will apply here as well. Something I didn't add is to take the time to read the manual on defensive adjustments. It makes a huge difference:

No Streaming Account
  18. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    The one thing I really love about ESPN is how you tap "a" to sprint. I like that more than just holding down a button. The graphics in Madden also suck, but it seems it could be an ok game. If only they had the online leagues like Sega has =P~

Gajeske85
  19. King Kobra

King Kobra Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was in your boat Lattdog. I have always liked the 2K/ESPN franchise in the past better than Madden. I always bought them both and always played 2k/ESPN more and returned Madden after a month. Just this year for some reason I liked Madden More. I actually disliked the defensive gameplay of ESPN and for once the jerky animations that they have had for years finally got on my nerves. (although pretty graphics)

Not sure of the switch but I think it was the ability to change defensive strategies on the fly that sold me. Seemed that there would be no possible money routes because you could always Defensive Hot route out of your base D into something user created. I liked that feature, and I think its what finally sold over.

So this is my first year really playing Madden for any length of time ever, and I have done ok with it.

I still own ESPN though. I keep it for family and friends. They always find it easier for them to pick up and play than Madden. I may pull it out again one day.

Both games have flaws I just find Madden to be a little more technically correct.

No Streaming Account
  20. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yea, the thing is I don't want to really take the time to learn Madden right now because I am currently in 3 ESPN leagues. I don't want to get all messed up. Like I said I think I am going to buy it just as a change of pace game. I still prefer ESPN, but I will also play Madden.

Gajeske85