Do games with "Leader Boards" hurt the o

Discussion in 'Xbox / Xbox 360 Lounge' started by Packwolf, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Packwolf

Packwolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Do games with "

I am all for games that track your on line stats. I think this is necessary. It is a good incentive to know that you are playing for something. It is cool to be able to click on a player and check his or her on line stats and compare them with yours, or follow your own stats and try to build them up. Stat tracking is useful so you can get a better idea of your or your opponents and friends tendencies and play styles.

With that said, I have always felt that Xbox Live LEADER BOARDS have ruined most games. I think we can all agree leaderboards dont work. You have to know how to exploit all of a games network flaws or game cheats, and glitches, or be able to not have any life and be able to play an ungodly amount of games to make a leader board. It has very little to do with skill. Leaderboards ignite a bunch of cheating and cheap play just to get on a leader board. Any time I have had the pleasure to play someone in the top 100 of any game, I have always been disappointed because I am expecting a skilled player and get a skilled glitcher, cheater.

Bottom line, I think its time to ask if the leader boards work. I personally think that leader boards in on line games are the biggest misconception of video games and leader boards to a large extent ruin on line play because of the play style they ignite.

Stat tracking is cool so you can examine your own play style and tendencies but Xbox Live leader boards dont work. They are not accurate and ruin on line play.

No Streaming Account
  2. First Canadian

First Canadian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    At first , and until recently, i loved playing halo 2 online. I am just so competitive and i love winning. So everything is all nice and good but now even if u r host, ppl do gay sh*t like secondary standby and glitch the bomb of the map. I'm gonna try and get back into halo tonite but until the patch/downloads come out, im not playin this much.

No Streaming Account
  3. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Start playing custom games with MLG settings... makes H2 SOOO much more enjoyable.

No Streaming Account
  4. First Canadian

First Canadian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hit me up with some invite then. i'll play with u

No Streaming Account
  5. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Today I must write a paper, however, once I get some free time tomorrow I'll add your tag to my new account (misterjefferson) and if you're ever on I'll send you an invite to some of the custom games we play.

No Streaming Account
  6. MGM

MGM Inactive

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I couldn't agree with you more Packwolf...The good thing is that you are a member here. There is plenty of solid competition here that won't play those glitch games.

Hit me up anytime you feel the need to whip someone in Madden, ESPN NHL2K5, EA MVP Baseball.

I look forward to playing with you and once again....welcome aboard.

No Streaming Account
  7. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Stats are good. Leaderboards breed cheaters and glitchers. I remember when we were in beta and the MGP times actually meant something. That was fun. Ever since then all the leaderboards for everygame have been worthless.

No Streaming Account