Doom 3

Discussion in 'Xbox / Xbox 360 Lounge' started by famceo, Apr 4, 2005.

1. famceo

famceo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anyone picked this game up yet? I am still at work and won't be able to pick it up until 6 or 7 tonight. I know I am not the only one that is excited about this game. If I am, oh well. [-( I never got the PC version, so I have no bias.

No Streaming Account
  2. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm planning on picking it up today after work. My PC isn't powerful enough to play it so this will be my first look at it. From what I've read it looks pretty good, as long as you are not expecting revolutionary gameplay. My only concern is that my wife will probably need to go into the other room when I play it as she get's frightened VERY easily and refuses to be within earshot if I am watching a scary movie. :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  3. First Canadian

First Canadian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ive had it since saturday and i must say it sucks ass. such a crappy game. goin to return it tomorrow. only 4 players online, give me a break. the game SUCKS!!!!

No Streaming Account
  4. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm not really buying it for the multiplayer though. I'm more interested in the single player or Live co-op with my brother. The whole 4 player online muiltiplayer doesn't bother me too much.

No Streaming Account
  5. famceo

famceo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Is it crappy because of the options or does the gameplay actually suck....

No Streaming Account
  6. Eclipse2k

Eclipse2k Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I picked it up right after school today. I'll leave impressions on it later on tonight. I basically bought it for the Online CO-OP. I am not really big on the deathmatches.

No Streaming Account
  7. SlapHappy

SlapHappy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I couldn't care less about the multiplayer (deathmatch). I'm all about the campaign with a game like this...co-op or single player. Here's my concern: In every video I've seen of gameplay footage, it appears that the framerate suffers greatly when there's a lot of action going on. Can someone report back on that issue for me?

No Streaming Account
  8. First Canadian

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Campaign mode sucks. it's a damn maze in a building and i walked around for like half an hour and i still didnt get a gun or get to kill anything. game sucks in general and graphics are crap.

No Streaming Account
  9. famceo

famceo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    its really that bad...I think I'll still pick it up....as my frind always sez."Some people like apples, some like oranges"

No Streaming Account
  10. Eclipse2k

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You may of went in circles, but I did the same thing online with a friend but I found my way around. I finished CO-OP in about 4 hours online but the end of the game was tough. The plus side is you're allowed to have unlimited respawns, but you will need them. The graphics are crisp and sharp despite what First Canadian says. I had a blast doing CO-OP and I would still be playing DOOM III right now but the Illinois game is about to start.

I recommend the game for anyone who is looking for a decent CO-OP title. I personally love it.

No Streaming Account
  11. SlapHappy

SlapHappy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ?? Whoa...hardly worth the money, eh?

No Streaming Account
  12. Eclipse2k

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    They basically only put certain parts within the CO-OP online. It's really tough even with a friend but the respawns do make it a bit easier. The single player is pretty long and with how tough it was online, I can't imagine it alone. :x

No Streaming Account
  13. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well now you're just being silly. I don't mind if you think the game sucks but you can't really say the graphics are crap, they are right up there with the best on the Xbox. I haven't been able to play that much yet but so far I like what I have seen.

No Streaming Account
  14. All MiT Kev

All MiT Kev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ya the graphics from each review and other boards have gotten nothing but rave reviews. this is first canadien tryin to get attention

No Streaming Account
  15. First Canadian

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    u're on crack dude. i cant believe how ou guys can like a game where u walk around and do nothin. i work at EB Games so i thin i know what are the good games. returning my doom 3 ce tomorrow.

No Streaming Account
  16. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's all a matter of opinion... and working at EB doesn't make you anymore of an expert on games than anyone else here. Personally I quite like the atmosphere of the single player, and I've already fought a few guys (and died a few times) in the first 30 minutes so I'm not sure what you're doing.

But like I said it's all a matter of opinion. Everyone and their brother seems to love the GTA games but I honestly can't stand them. I play them for about 20 minutes and I'm bored, just my opinion.

No Streaming Account
  17. Hellbound

Hellbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dude man... who cares if you worked at ebgames, doesnt mean you know jack. I was a manager at GameStop, and i aint saying MotoGp sucks and your wrong cus im working at GameStop. IT dont mean you know good games or not. Everyone has their preference. I cant believe EB hired you. :roll:

No Streaming Account
  18. Jman

Jman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I picked it up and played for about an hour last night and really enjoyed the game. I only played single player though. I have read many of the reviews online and in magazines and I feel like the review on www.gamespot.com was the most accurate. The graphics are fantastic and the gameplay is typical Doom. If you expect that then you will be just fine however, if you are expecting some type of revolutionary new gameplay then you will be disappointed.

No Streaming Account
  19. Linuxx360

Linuxx360 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LOL this is classic

No Streaming Account
  20. famceo

famceo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I picked up my copy last night and played through the first 30 minutes and must say I like it a lot. I thought the graphics were awesome so far. The game has a natural eerie feeling and at some points even had me jumping. Its like a mixture of Resident Evil and Halo. Very fun game so far....I am glad I picked it up....

No Streaming Account