Should Bonds be in the Hall Of Fame

Discussion in 'General Sports Talk Forum' started by Tris10, May 29, 2006.

1. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Should Bonds be in t

Well looks like Bonds hit his 715th home run passing Ruth.

Im going to ask a flat out question, if you were a member of the media who had a vote on who gets into the hall of fame and who doesn't, Would you vote for Bonds to enter the HOF?

2. BLaz

BLaz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The man was hall of fame worthy before taking the juice. It is only a matter of time before his justice will be served (him being guilty of perjury, and for taking steroids).

Before the juice, yes I would have easily voted him in. After - he doesnt deserve it.

No one who cheats deserves to be recognized in a Hall of Fame. But the MLB itself is all fucked up, so these steroid problems will probably never diminish, and morons like Bonds will be recognized as one of the greatest players in history.

No Streaming Account
  3. Drake

Drake <b>Administrator</b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have no doubt that he used performance enhancing drugs but he most definitely belongs in the hall of fame.

Since it was never "proven" then he should get in. Otherwise lets go back and take away the awards of everyone else who was suspected of using drugs too.

This is baseball's mess for not having a drug testing policy in place years ago.

No Streaming Account
  4. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    i personally think he cheated! He injected a substance into his body that was considered illegal by american law. Even though the MLB may not have had a drug policy in place, they follow all federal laws.

So since i consider him a cheat, I don't see how a cheat should ever be allowed in the HOF, and i dont think his records should stand either. Forget an *, throw them out

5. stljohnson

stljohnson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would agree with you Tris, but hes never been tested positive for taking steriods, you can assume all you want, but according to the tests hes never taken steriods. Even if he was tested positive he should still be in. Hes still a hell of a player wether he did or didnt take the roids. Just because you take steriods doesnt mean your automatically going to hit over 700 homeruns.

No Streaming Account
  6. BLaz

BLaz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    But who is to say he wouldve hit 700+ HRs, and 73 in one season without taking roids?

He is a pussy, a whimp, what you want to call it. To say Bonds is clean is like saying Canseco was clean.

No Streaming Account
  7. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Um, tests aren't needed (and we're not going to get one). The man testified, under oath, to a grand jury that he had taken steroids (the cream and the clear). He denies knowing that they were steroids and/or performance enhancers, but why does everyone still question "if" he took them or not. Bonds testified that he took them! We don't have to question or debate whether or not he took them, as he already admitted it. He was probably taking alot of other undetectable stuff during that time as well, but they just haven't forced him to testify on that in a court of law. They don't have a urine test for human growth hormone, and while it's not an illegal drug like steroids, it IS a performance enhancer and I'm sure there are plenty of MLB players taking it and we'll never know about it until MLB starts doing blood tests (like the Olympics do to their athletes).

No Streaming Account
  8. Brooklyn Streetz

Brooklyn Streetz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I said yes, he should be the prime attraction in the new steriod lounge room at the Hall.

No Streaming Account
  9. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I voted no, I have no respect for the guy and I do not think he should be voted in. At the very least give him a big, bold *

Gajeske85
  10. MusicalMercury

MusicalMercury Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Could not have been said better.

If they decide to allow that cheater in, then they need to reinstate Pete Rose. All he did was gamble.... no juice, no performance enhancing substances.. just pure baseball (when he was playing).

No Streaming Account
  11. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I feel the exact same way.

Gajeske85
  12. asrabbit91

asrabbit91 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes he should. Because he was a Hall of fame player even before the steriod allegations.

No Streaming Account
  13. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yes, before the allegations, but just because he wasn't called out on it it was pretty obvious he was on them.

Gajeske85
  14. asrabbit91

asrabbit91 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well he used to be a great corner outfielder defensively, a stolen basethreat. I think he would of hit 500 without steriods and we still don't have proof if you know what i mean so they shouldn't take that into effect + I guarantee theres alot of players in the hall of fame who did the same thing its just because hes barry bonds and willie may is his godfather and bobby bonds is his dad is the reason its so big.

No Streaming Account
  15. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Pete Rose was a HOF player before he he was caught gambling and they ruled he was not eligable

16. Drake

Drake <b>Administrator</b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    if you read any of the documents coming out from Jason Grimsley's arrest its pretty clear that ALOT of players were using drugs and still are using drugs. There are no tests for amphetamines and growth hormone, those are the drugs of choice right now. May as well just close the hall of fame then because odds are anyone getting in that played during the last 10 years was on some kind of drug.

I loved the part about how the club houses had 2 coffe pots. One labeled regular and one labeled high test which had amphetamines. lol.

No Streaming Account
  17. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Exactly, the moment they let Bonds into the HoF they should make Rose able to get in as well. I think steriods should be looked upon worse than gambling.

Gajeske85
  18. Bartlett89

Bartlett89 LG Veteran

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree here with tris, if he has to cheats to make it into the books, He shouldn't be recognized for it! :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  19. MusicalMercury

MusicalMercury Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hell, if they let bonds in, they might as well let any and everyone that ever played the game in..... down to and including "Shoeless" Joe Jackson

No Streaming Account