Vince Young VS Mike Vick

Discussion in 'General Sports Talk Forum' started by pearson, Aug 22, 2006.

1. pearson

pearson LG's biggest Titans fan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Vince Young VS Mike

The Titans this season have a new QB who likes to run like Mike Vick.Do you think Vince Young will still run in the NFL or keep his name as a running QB as he wad in his NCAA days.
    If so do you think he will be compared to Mike Vick with his amazing runs for TD's.

No Streaming Account
  2. Big Hungry

Big Hungry Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    He probably will. I love the falcons, and I don't like the fact that our best rusher happens to be the quarterback, but he wins games, so that is all that matters. Vick needs to throw, not run. Vince Young will be a good quarterback. He might actually send the Titans to the super bowl before he retires.

No Streaming Account
  3. L Bert12

L Bert12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Vick wins games? Was his winning percentage as a starter? Take a look...

No Streaming Account
  4. great machine

great machine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    From the Atlanta falcons official Website: Enters the 2006 season ranked sixth in winning percentage among current NFL starting quarterbacks (.618).

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/playerBio.jsp?id=54

No Streaming Account
  5. Drake

Drake <b>Administrator</b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Vick has been ok but nothing spectacular. I think Vince can be better if the Titans can surround him with some good receivers. Right now they are thin.

No Streaming Account
  6. pearson

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Drake got that right Vince young will have to start first before we can see what he can really do the preseason game hardly tested vince young but hopefully we will see in the season

No Streaming Account
  7. Bartlett89

Bartlett89 LG Veteran

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Go Vince!

No Streaming Account
  8. BLaz

BLaz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hate rushing QBs. What's the whole point of signing WRs and RBs if the QB is going to take the spotlight every other play.

No Streaming Account
  9. pearson

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So your telling me if a 300pound DE was coming to sack you, you would stand there and get hit vick and young make plays out of nothing and thats why there good rushing QB's

No Streaming Account
  10. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think it adds a whole new dynamic to the game that is nice to have. It also helps to create space for WR's and RB's because the D not only has to worry about the RB running or catching, the pass, but also the QB taking off. It keeps the defense guessing and cautious, which can often lead to either big plays on D or on offense.

I think the biggest thing with both QB's is seeing who will be able to settle down and rely more on their arm to get them W's rather than their legs. I feel like Vick has become better at settling down and looking for the throw first rather than taking off all the time, and even just getting rid of the ball. It's going to take time and maturity to become a well balanced QB, so Vick has the experience to his benefit.

I feel like you will see a lot of the same out of Vince Young as you did from Michael Vick. It is going to take him some time to get settled into NFL life and play, but once he does and gets some experience watch out, because I feel that they both will be phenomenal players.

No Streaming Account
  11. BLaz

BLaz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The Falcons did one thing right and one thing wrong yesterday.

The Right: Got rid of TJ Duckett since he deserves the ball more than Vick

The Wrong: Got Ashley Lelie who will get shit for action this year compared to his career in DEN.

No Streaming Account
  12. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are you watching the same game, We're in America not Europe or Australia .... QB's take the spotlight every play... That's why they get paid more...

You sign RB's and WR's so the defense doesnt know whats coming next run or pass... And then you really dont know when you have a Vick in the lineup whether its' a Fake Run Pass or Fake Pass Run..lol

Blaz sometimes i wonder about you... Stick to hockey, no bills fan knows football...lol Especially one that's acting like Dennis Quaid in ML 2

No Streaming Account
  13. BLaz

BLaz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The Bills have a rushing QB themselves (Losman). Thats why I am glad we got rid of Moulds and stuck with the younger receivers. Saves cap money and we dont get idiots like a Keyshawn saying "yo man, I need da ball....im friggin Keyshawn Johnson!"

Then again, Peerless Price did resign with us, and the whole reason he left was because he wanted the ball more (and the idiot went down to ATL afterwards, heh).

I dont know, its just something about Vick that pisses me right off. Its probably because I cant stand domes in the NFL, and whichever teams play in domes I hate with a passion. Cmon now, if you want to play in a dome, go to the damn Arena league.

No Streaming Account
  14. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Well, Lelie could do good in Atlanta. As long as Vick settles down a bit more this year. Lelie is a big play WR. I believe the past two seasons he has led the league in avg yards per catch. I can see it working.

Gajeske85
  15. BLaz

BLaz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah but next season they got Finneran coming back. So either get rid of Lelie or Finneran at the end of this season, because both deserve playing time. And that wont happen in ATL.

No Streaming Account
  16. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Maybe they should just let both of them go then Blaz, cause every game that I watched of the Falcons Vick loved his tight end Alge Crumpler... as Crumpler had 65 receptions to Finneran's 50. Don't forget that they have another good wideout in Michael Jenkins, so maybe they should get rid of everyone except for Vick, Crumpler, Dunn, and their offensive line. That would free up some cap space.

No Streaming Account
  17. BLaz

BLaz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Better yet, get rid of the entire offense aside from the center and Vick. Now lets see this superstar show us his skill.

No Streaming Account
  18. slow elk

slow elk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can't stand vick, but he was a much better runner and passer in college than young. I think vick left after his sophmore (3rd)year too.

No Streaming Account
  19. BLaz

BLaz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If he was a Sophmore, then thats his 2nd year. A Junior is 3rd year.

No Streaming Account
  20. Drake

Drake <b>Administrator</b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Vick was redshirtted so it was his 3rd year even though he was considered a sophmore.

No Streaming Account