Madden NFL 07 (Offline)

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by Latdogg, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Madden NFL 07 (Offli

Ok, tonight was the first night I dove into this game. I am VERY disappointed. I do not even know where to start in listing what I loath about it.

1. Why can't you freely adjust rosters? When you turn the game on you select your "Favorite Team". You can than only do player movements with that team, and that team only. I was playing with the rosters tonight and it took me forever just to get Branch on Seattle, Robinson on Green Bay, and swap Gado and Morency between Green Bay and Houston.

2. Why can't you edit players in franchise mode or even in normal mode? One of the things I enjoy about my franchises is editing players to have accurate helmets/facemasks and numbers. Don't ask why, I just really enjoy doing that. I wonder why they wont let you edit players now?

3. Why when creating a player can you not have tattoos? Since this is a next gen game did they have to cut stuff out? Whats up with the "clear" visors? They are darker than the "tinted" visors. Small things, but annoying.

4. Menus. Why are these so bad? Really, I would like to know what EA was trying to accomplish with these horrible menus. Maybe I'm just old school but these things are not cool.

Those are the main things that bug me in this game. They are not really huge deals (except #1 is for me) but they do bug the crap out of me. It seems like they dumbed down the game a bit. I don't know, I just assumed in a 360 game they would have added more, not took stuff out.

Gajeske85
  2. Bartlett89

Bartlett89 LG Veteran

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    4. about the menus, i didn't like them all at first but I am really starting to like them, they do take a while to figure out so hopefully you will turn out to like them.

No Streaming Account
  3. Drake

Drake <b>Administrator</b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    To say you loath the game and then have one of your complaints be you cant have tatoos or tinted visors cracks me up. Do you want to play Barbie dressup or football?

I dont know what your deal is with the menus, they seem perfectly fine to me.

Good point on the Rosters, i dont know why its that way. But i dont really do the franchise things so not sure.

The only thing i agree on is it does suck that there are less features in this game then there were in the last xbox game 2 years ago. And i really liked alot of those features. The defensive playmaker, right stick audibles, smart routes!!! Crap i loved smart routes.. Custom camera views for pass and run, slide protection, etc, etc. But it is a huge improvement over last years 360 game and they have added more features since then.

No tatoos!!! lol.

No Streaming Account
  4. MGM

MGM Inactive

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For the life of me I don't understand what the deal is here. I look at all the features you listed above and they ARE in the Xbox ver. and for LESS $...What the F is that all about? Why can't they give us those same features. Smart routes, slide protection and D playmaker are crucial to the game. I looked at the Prima Startey guide and it explains all those features in depth...Only problem is they are not on the 360.

Has EA EVER given a legitimate reason for not including features on the 360 that are in the Xbox ver.? This is like buying a Mercedes with manual windows :roll: Yet the Xbox users have all the bells and whistles in a Yugo :evil:

No Streaming Account
  5. Drake

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Was the 360 version a new development effort and not a port from the xbox version? Thats the only reason i can think of. They have to develop these features all over again on the 360 so i guess they are just doing some at a time. This year we got the mini games and practice mode, next year probably some more. But yes it does suck that we have a 2nd Next Gen game that still isnt as good as the last current gen version. Its still fun though but can be way better.

No Streaming Account
  6. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Regarding the menus... at first I really didn't like them but now I'm starting to get it. I like that you can go from one screen to another (that may or may not be related to eachother) in essentially one move, rather than the typical:
    - choose menu option
    - wait for menu to load
    - choose next menu option
    - wait for menu to load
    - and so on until you get where you wanted to

No Streaming Account
  7. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I didn't mean I loath the whole game, just the offline mode for everything they removed. I forgot the mention the playmaker controls. Why in the world would they remove this feature? I loved that, made playing D so much more fun because you had total control.

As for the "visors/tattoos", I was more or less stating that was another thing they took out/messed up on. I said it was a little thing that bugged me, it just bugs me because like I said I like players to look as lifelike as possibe. And seeing as how they had this in past versions I do not see why they took it out.

As for the menus, I just find them very hard to navigate.

Gajeske85
  8. bowdown

bowdown Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I heard from others (might be the old generation game) you can tell your Oline where to block for you prior to the snap. Is that something misssing or am I not looking at the right places for it with the 360??

No Streaming Account
  9. Drake

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That was the slide protection feature, its in the xbox version, not the 360.

Like i said, it sucks that things arent in the game but if the game was built from scratch then they arent taking things out, they just havent put them in yet.

No Streaming Account
  10. swiper19

swiper19 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    that sound like Lead Blocker control , Left Bumper to select the player you want to be your blocker and have at it :wink:

No Streaming Account