Illini Defeat #1 OSU

Discussion in 'General Sports Talk Forum' started by Latdogg, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    God, what a game! Let me tell you, Juice Williams looked amazing, 4 TD passes, 0 INTs, and 70 rushing yards. Illinois put up 400 yards of O against the OSU D, nobody would have predicted that. I will admit I though Illinois would lose today, I mean come on it was @ OSU! God, that was the best game I have seen in a long time.

Gajeske85
  2. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh baby, what an awesome day of D1 football.

Mizzou continues their path to a showdown against KU with a nice win with their 10th straight 30+ point game. Illinois takes down #1 OSU, helping Missouri out by likely dropping OSU out of title contention AND helping Mizzou's strength of schedule (since they beat the Illini in week 1).

Then Michigan goes down, making Oregon's win against them back in Sept. a little weaker.

KU and Oklahoma just need to win their next 2 games to make sure the Big12 champ plays for the national championship. At this point, I think Oregon and LSU could win out and one of them is going to get leapfrogged by the Big 12 champ.

If Mizzou beats an 11-0, 4th ranked KU team, then beats a 10-1, 3rd ranked Oklahoma team in the Big12 title game, with their only loss against the Sooners, in Oklahoma when their were 6th ranked, I'm not sure how you could deny them a shot at the title.

If KU runs the table and takes out the 5th and 6th ranked teams for their final two games and stays undefeated, there's no way they'll be denied a shot.

If OU wins the Big12 with 3 wins against ranked opponents, they've got to make it in too.

Ducks fans had better hope that KU or Missouri gets upset before their final showdown Thanksgiving weekend, otherwise Oregon might get jumped over when the Big12 plays their conference championship game and they're sitting at home without a conference title game to play in to boost their BCS ranking.

No Streaming Account
  3. M00SE21

M00SE21 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    another number 1 team bites the dust

No Streaming Account
  4. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

MR PAPPAGI0RGIO Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would give just about anything to see LSU go down, OU win out, and OU and Oregon play for a National Title, especially after the fiasco in Eugene last year.

No Streaming Account
  5. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I'm still bitter about that Week 1 loss [-( McGee had a guy wide open in the endzone at the end of the game for the win, but he instead decided to throw into double coverage and it was intercepted. :-&

Gajeske85
  6. Phantom818

Phantom818 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    But you never know with the BCS. They've been down on KU all year. I would like to see Oregon and LSU slug it out for the national championship. Remember, Oregon has to play some pretty good underrated Pac-10 teams and we all know that the SEC was far from a cakewalk for LSU...what a division. So I don't think it'll be THAT easy for Oregon to get jumped in the poll ratings if everyone wins out. We shall see. It's been a crazy year of college football, I know that much.

No Streaming Account