GH3 Already Repeating GH2

Discussion in 'Xbox / Xbox 360 Lounge' started by BLaz, Nov 10, 2007.

1. BLaz

BLaz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    DLC is still 500 points per song pack

For only $12 folks you can get 6 songs for GH3. Grand total for GH3 is now $72.

Glad to see Activision listened to its community and still decided that $6.25 per pack was justified....pfft. If this was 4 months from now, I would accept it more, but one week after launch and already premium DLC....yea.

What even sucks more the PS3 owners have to pay more.

It is $6.25 as well per pack (how much XBL are charged), but you also get charged tax from the PSN store, so its even more for them than it is for Xbox Live members.

PS Store link

Cant wait to see how much EA rips us off with Rock Band DLC, considering they already announced DLC (now the thing is, if the game is still not out, why are you announcing DLC when you can simply add the songs onto the disc? Granted the game is golden, but the DLC was announced before it went golden).

No Streaming Account
  2. woobwoob

woobwoob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just like anything else you would buy in a store, you have to justify it. If you think it is too much, then don't buy it.

They aren't ever going to give it away at a real good deal, they could potentially have a discount weekend, but i wouldn't expect that until after xmas.

No Streaming Account
  3. theDrummerJ99

theDrummerJ99 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    I'd be surprised if the Rock Band DLC was any where close to that expensive. If you remember when GH2 came out on 360, the Harmonix guys talked about having more DLC then any other game produced and that the songs would cost about as much as it would to download the mp3. I'm guessing after the Harmonix/EA thing all that went out the window.

drummerJ99
  4. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well with RB they are probably selling the drums, guitar and mic at a loss or at least not making much off the bundle coupled with the huge amounts of money they have to give to have those songs on the game, the DLC is the way they turn a huge profit, not by selling the game itself when it comes out.

No Streaming Account
  5. woobwoob

woobwoob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Harmonix has already said that they are treating Rockband as a platform, not a game. So expect tons of DLC and updates and such. As long as the DLC keeps selling (which it will regardless of price), there will be tons of goodness for a long time to come.

No Streaming Account
  6. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

MR PAPPAGI0RGIO Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If anything I would expect the Rock Band downloadable content to be even more than GH, mainly just because you have to program all the different instruments for each song, which obviously is a little more on the labor hours for progamming and such. I assume anyway.

I do personally think the GH downloads are WAY to expensive, it would be nice to see them let you downloads single songs instead of packs, and have them priced comparibly to like Itunes or something, you know around $1 or just a little more per song.

No Streaming Account
  7. CrackinBacks

CrackinBacks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The GH3 DLC is not even very appealing. I like the Foo Fighters, but for the price, they should have at least 4 songs per pack.

No Streaming Account