Batters Eye

Discussion in 'MLB 16: The Show' started by WilloMan, Mar 21, 2008.

1. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is this working like it should for everyone? Im guessing correctly from CPU vs AI games but it doesnt show up for me.

No Streaming Account
  2. bones56

bones56 Retired Commissioner

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i think it has a factor of how good the pitcher compared to the hitter. I know I very rarely get this.

No Streaming Account
  3. Giotto

Giotto Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It seems to work ok with me but doesnt seem to equal hits.
    It will come up with meatballs, but it does come up most of the time if you guess right.
    I have found with the batters eye, the computer like to put the first pitch in the same place for each batter for a given pitcher. I dont even look at the pitcher as much as the strike zone for the indicator to come up. Then I swing as soon as I see it. I will make contact but allot of fly outs.

No Streaming Account
  4. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

MR PAPPAGI0RGIO Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't get it anywhere near as much against the cpu as I did on last years game. It seems to be very rare. Probably does have to do with batter/pitcher ratings.

No Streaming Account
  5. Joker58

Joker58 #58

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anyone else having trouble with timing? It seems that my swing is always either "very late" or "too early".

No Streaming Account
  6. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Its been a lot harder to hit timing for me too, I've played 7 games on all-star offline and I'm 3-4, with good pitching, but lacking offensively. Seems like with anything the more you play the better you get at it, but definately seems harder to time to me.

I think batters swing speeds are much more varied too, you have to know how fast each batter swings and adjust every at bat.

No Streaming Account
  7. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    seems like they applied the same signature style for batters for this game. It just might be that i play too much 2k basketball also, but i cant hit for my life in this game. If i score 6 the AI scores 24. If i score 1 the AI scores 5....WTF WTF!

No Streaming Account
  8. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    One thing I noticed in the two games that got out of hand for me is that when I started getting complacent with pitching, moving too fast, pitch after pitch is when I started getting rocked. Seems like if you take you're time, really try to "Pitch" and confuse batters with speed, location, and pitch types its more effective.

Who knows though, I havn't even played 10 games yet, but that was an early thing I noticed about the two games I got blasted, the others, I stayed focused on pitching for the full 9 innings, instead of getting a small lead and getting complacent with pitching and then get blasted in the 7th 8th or 9th innings.

No Streaming Account
  9. Blaudawg

Blaudawg Bulldawg Nation's Finest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

now that you mention that, it makes sense. That seems to be the case when i get rocked

No Streaming Account