Battlefield Impressions & Tips.

Discussion in 'Xbox / Xbox 360 Lounge' started by MrBaconBottom, Mar 30, 2008.

1. MrBaconBottom

MrBaconBottom The Baconator

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I just thought it would be nice to have a place for people with the beta to both talk about what they think of the game, as well as to talk about tips in controls or game play since we dont have a book for it.

I am really enjoying this game. I find the maps are a nice size with a lot of room for replaying each level differently each time. vehichles are nice and control well... helicopter is a bastard to control but if you can you can get a lot of points. The mortar cannon is so much fun. I love destroying everything. hahahah. i am looking forward to the games release.

Bacon

No Streaming Account
  2. tdrumz

tdrumz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My first impression was not that great but when I went back to it I found that I was enjoying it alot more. I like the unlocks alot and the artillery is alot better then commander mode. Teamkilling is automatic witch kinda sucks but what can you do. The need to add a prone stance and make the jumping a little lower so when a granade or missle or cannon is shot at you, you die like you should and not bunny hop over it. But for a beta this is great. Unlimited play and a bunch of unlocks.

No Streaming Account
  3. ExArmySgt

ExArmySgt <b>Madden NFL Commissioner </b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've enjoyed it as well quite a bit. I agree with flyers that a prone position definitely needs to be added. I think they need to tweak whatever it is that decides what it takes for something to be destroyed or killed. No kidding, I've shot a tank round into a Humvee at what amounts to point blank range and it didn't blow up. I've shot tank rounds at guys on foot that land practically on top of them and they don't die. I've seen numerous examples of my grenade launcher rounds landing at someone's feet and they don't die. I don't care if your health is 100, when things explode that close to you, you should be dead. I'd like a replay mode like COD4 has as well. The helicopter is a bastard to control and unfortunately I haven't had but two opportunities to fly it, neither of which lasted very long. Overall, it will be a great game with a little more polish.

No Streaming Account
  4. Phantom818

Phantom818 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, you can't knock the game for having bad helicopter control. I had a heck of a time in BF2: MC trying to control that heli, especially in single player.

No Streaming Account
  5. kiddstyle

kiddstyle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I heard that EA is making people purchase some guns rather than allowing everyone to have them.

Anyone know if this is true? Classy move if it is. Expected though.

No Streaming Account
  6. murph17

murph17 Puff, Puff, Pass, Score!

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    yes. a code for them is included in the "special edition" of the game or you can just buy them with Billy Bucks.

murph17
  7. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    What BS, charging for guns that were part of the original game. Typical.

No Streaming Account
  8. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Looks like the people won a victory over EA for once. I can't believe they charged for weapons on a freaking beta, or at all.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/865/865549p1.html

No Streaming Account
  9. Tiago l 73 l

Tiago l 73 l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    For Battlefield Bad Company

I got into the beta hoping it was awesome like the videos had previewed. Well its no different, just like the first one for xbox360. You would think it would be better but its garbage I can see the destruction being fun for awhile but boring after some time.

Same old graphics same everything only new stuff besides guns are the walls being destroyed which really takes the fun out of the fight.

The ones for PC are still 100% better. Really don`t waste your money on EA`s Battlefield Bad Company because truthfully it is a bad company lol.

No Streaming Account
  10. Phantom818

Phantom818 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    They've now used promotions to get you to unlock the five weapons and they don't seem to cost any extra either...just gotta do what the promotion stipulates to get the weapon. Pretty cool stuff if you ask me.

The demo came out today and I got my chance to play it. Just figured I'd let anyone who didn't already know (hadn't already played the game yet) know.

No Streaming Account
  11. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So the demo is up for everyone now? I thought I saw where you had to order it from gamestop to get access to the demo a week or so ago?

No Streaming Account
  12. kiddstyle

kiddstyle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's up now.

No Streaming Account