Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh. My.

No Streaming Account
  2. OldTimeHockey

OldTimeHockey Who's the master? Sho-Gun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We would never be able to sustain a team league like NHL for Fifa, but that is great news for some good soccer nights/exhibitions.

No Streaming Account
  3. infrb

infrb Respect

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    OMG. You think 5v5 is a cluster in NHL 08? Just imagine 10 guys all trying to score a goal lol.

I'm willing to bet a lot more Europeans would come to LG if there were a 10 v 10 league. This would create some interesting time zone issues.

No Streaming Account
  4. Phantom818

Phantom818 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol even if it were possible and we DID do a team league with FIFA here at LG, I would have to believe 10 v 10 may be out of the question lol

It would be a fun exhibition platform though

No Streaming Account
  5. MattMeeko

MattMeeko Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mattmeeko#0
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

lol

No Streaming Account
  6. mark hoppus44

mark hoppus44 S4 Sharks....!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    y is there 2 little boys? and the rest girls?

No Streaming Account
  7. MattMeeko

MattMeeko Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mattmeeko#0
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    well idk girls can play soccer and maybe there are more boys who are not in the picture

plus there is 3 boys and 5 girls u can see only the boys head

No Streaming Account
  8. OldTimeHockey

OldTimeHockey Who's the master? Sho-Gun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What you don't know is the boys are really short for their age....I think the kid in front is really 18 and his brother there is 16. They put them with the girls because they did it according to height, not ability. Notice how the two boys are in total control of the ball.

No Streaming Account
  9. Phantom818

Phantom818 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice picture of what would happen online :)

I remember those good old days coaching soccer in the fall.

No Streaming Account
  10. SoulControlla99

SoulControlla99 Am I evil? Yes I am.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That would be awesome. I'd go out and buy FIFA if there's a big team league next year.

No Streaming Account
  11. electrickeeper

electrickeeper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    And people thought the hockey league got out of control...FIFA would be a big fuster-cluck.

No Streaming Account
  12. bogeyexpress

bogeyexpress Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah fuster-cluck for sure. I could see everyone pushing forward and fighting each other for the ball.

Much more suited to a 3v3 thing IMO. I know EK and a couple other guys are on FIFA08 alot playing as a 3 person team, right Josh?

No Streaming Account
  13. electrickeeper

electrickeeper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, technically it's a 5v5 league, but we're allowed to have at least 3v3 if we have enough players. It's great fun.

No Streaming Account
  14. SoulControlla99

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd be a winger and lob balls into the middle. Defense is kind of a thankless job but there's got to be some guys out there who would play. It would be a blast running the trap with your D teammates though. Is there position lock in FIFA?

And while I'm thinking about it, a lot of people like Pro Evo better. Which way is LG going next year? Although I heard online Pro Evo is lagarificent.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
    No Streaming Account
  15. SoulControlla99

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And I could see smart people playing and having some excellent ball movement. But then again I'm a team player and people who play a lot of single player tend to attack the ball aggressively and when they miss, just grab the closest guy and do it again. I'd love to be on a team of guys who played their positions, it would be a thing of beauty. I haven't bought FIFA since the PS2 but I'd be willing to buy it if there was sufficient backing for a league here.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
    No Streaming Account
  16. MURF DIZZLE 88

MURF DIZZLE 88 Captain Matt, My Hero

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i played fifa 08 and it was fun. id be down for some sort of league of 09. when i did team play, i usually did either midfield or on a rare occasion i played back so i dont think id have a problem playing my position and not always pushing up

No Streaming Account
  17. Teachx

Teachx Does a bear shit in the woods?

Ratings:
    +69 / 3 / -0
    I played the 5v5 league on Gamebattles.com and still continue to do so. My team finished #3 out of 930 teams a season ago, but I can't imagine 10v10. I'm a forward and theres nothing I hate more than a defender on my team knocking the ball away from me when i'm trying to put a shot on goal. I think there would be way to many glory hounds for 10v10.

No Streaming Account
  18. SoulControlla99

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well you'd have to trade those guys if you have too many on your team. I'd love to be a midfielder for sure. Maybe that's cause I'm one in real life but I love the feeling of putting that pass right into the right space to send the striker in on goal alone or right on a head on the far post with a perfectly placed cross. I wouldn't mind playing some D and taking guys out but I'd probably be horrible at it. I'm sure I could get good with practice though. Having 10 guys all doing their jobs would be worth it for sure. Set up little triangles as you move the ball forward, tearing apart teams who can't play defense.

I doubt we'd have enough guys interested to pull it off though. And scheduling a day where everyone was available would be brutal to say the least.

No Streaming Account
  19. Vanishing

Vanishing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    10v10 (more preferably 11v11 though) is the way soccer is meant to be played. I can't believe its taken so long to get these kind of online modes into mainstream sports games.

I'm really looking forward to this in FIFA and hope it succeeds. I typically play PES but this year its FIFA definitely for the 10v10 online play.

For the past year I've played an online soccer game that is on a smaller field so 7v7 and although it is 2d and not realistic, just the fact that each player is controlled by a human mind rather than lackluster AI makes it a far better experience.

The game's population isn't that big and we typically have about 20-40 on during the week between about 3PM and 3AM EST. Pub games aren't that great since their are bad players and some idiots on. But we hold mixes during the week and have league matches sunday nights and that is where it really works well.

FYI this is Soccer Brawl, a zone in Sony Infantry which is free if you want to check it out. http://www.station.sony.com/casualProduct.vm?Id=039

Its mostly a 2d top down shooter but some zones are sports type games. I produce vids for the league so if you want to see the game here are links to a couple vids:

Highlights for a game from last season (with announcing): http://www.motionbox.com/videos/d491d0bf1b14e05c

First 25 minutes of a preseason game from last Sunday (last 5 minutes messed up, no announcing): http://www.motionbox.com/videos/069bdeb61711e58f

I can't wait for FIFA as it obviously should be a big improvement as long as their is a good level of organization so games don't have a bunch of idiots running around abusing the mode.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
    No Streaming Account
  20. SoulControlla99

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If LG doesn't have a 10v10 league and GB does and you play Teach, hook a brother up with an invite and I'll play with you. Playing 10v10 will be a mess at first but once you get a team playing together, it'll be sweet! We'll set up so many give and go's to send you in on goal, your leg will cramp up scoring so much.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
    No Streaming Account