Since when did Slipknot become "Lite Rock"?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Nick MurderFace, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Nick MurderFace

Nick MurderFace Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can't disclose how I have it but I've got the new Slipknot album already. And since when did they become p*ssy rock? Sounds like Phil Collins got a little mad at his ex-wife and wrote a rock album. Very disappointing.

No Streaming Account
  2. whatsUPitsFARVA

whatsUPitsFARVA Katy Perry. NEW HOTNESS!

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    is it all hope is gone? if it is that album has been released already. But i dont think it sounds too bad. ive listened to gematria and sulfur so far and its sounded pretty good. Ill have to keep listening to the rest though before i make a true opinion.

No Streaming Account
  3. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm, the two songs I heard off the new album were awesome. Still very heavy but with a little more melody from Corey. It sounds like they mixed the styles of Slipknot and Stone Sour. I think they sound great.

Gajeske85
  4. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Psychosocial sounds ****ing awesome. so far i have yet to hear a song like vermillion. what songs are you talking about so i can take a peek at those?

Edit: so far im about half way through the album and some songs that struck me awesome are Sulfur, Psychosocial, Vendetta, Butchers Hook, and Wherein Lies the Truth.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
    No Streaming Account
  5. DTA Today

DTA Today am j0 buddin on nu jerzy

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -2
    One solution if you truly feel they turned lite...Turn to Slayer and/or Disturbed. Disturbed is still producing hardcore albums, their latest album is sick. Slayer I believe is touring in Europe now and I think they are making another album, you might have to ask dustypickle about the album part.

No Streaming Account
  6. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The only song that i felt was soft would be Snuff. 1 song on a 12 song album isnt to bad. Even metal lovers have an emo day every now and then lol. Overall I think this is one of their better albums.

No Streaming Account
  7. MetalMess

MetalMess Hail Satan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i haven't heard their album, but i heard slipknot live recently (Mayhem tour)and they kept it real; they played a few songs off of their new album and they were headbangers, but maybe they made it sound harder live. Disturbed hard and heavy? don't think so.... Slayer, well they are just classic

No Streaming Account
  8. keso_paghuni

keso_paghuni Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +720 / 1 / -5
    Disturbed isn't hard and heavy, but they're still one of the best bands out there. Music vid for Indestructible just came out. And yeah SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR is working on a new album. It'll be ****ing SICKKKKKKKKK. I saw slipknot live and i left, i didn't like them. But after giving them a second chance I like them now. Psychosocial is good

Keso_Paghuni
  9. Nick MurderFace

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I listened all the way up to song 7 or 8 and thought I was listening to Madonna with a deeper voice and distorted guitars. Then there was a heavy song. Then back to the whiny crap.

IMO I think their first two albums were works of genius. As for Disturbed, their first album was their best. Their last album was 10x better than the one that came out in 2006 (or whenever it was).

As for me, my favorite band is and always will be Sevendust.

No Streaming Account
  10. DTA Today

DTA Today am j0 buddin on nu jerzy

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -2
    I dont think disturbed is real, hardcore hardcore but I mean they aren't soft like Paramore or any gay sh1t like that.

No Streaming Account
  11. Habsolute

Habsolute SupaStar!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No Streaming Account
  12. Habsolute

Habsolute SupaStar!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Disturbed is good...

No Streaming Account
  13. pop0331

pop0331 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good buddy of mine just went drinking with Disturbed after one of their shows at PNC Arts Center in NJ. Said they were all really cool chill guys.

No Streaming Account
  14. Nick MurderFace

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will correct my original post now that I have listened to the whole album twice through. The first 5 or 6 songs are very mellow considering what I am used to hearing from Slipknot. I like the original thrash and bash style of Slipknot. Along with Corey's amazing ability to growl/scream.

Then there are a few OG Slipknot heavy songs towards the end of the album. I like the one about America is known for killing or somthing.

Anywho, that's my thoughts. I am just sick of bands that used to be so heavy and now are GlamRock. For instance, Staind....have you heard their new album? HORRIBLE! They used to be heavy as hell with banging riffs and beats. Now it's all whiny and sappy. Arron, go kill yourself already. WE GET THE POINT!

And Linkin Park.... Used be heavy and bada$$, Their last album was sappy and whiny and horrible. Rock has become very dissappointing imo.

No Streaming Account
  15. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    as much as i hate to say it, they have to. The emo genre is getting bigger and bigger. It started out with only a few people here and there being emo but now its like if you dont take up the emo style, you are in the minority. Music is suffering already. When you are in the business to make money do you choose option A) and play the music you started playing and stay true to your fan base while losing money or do you go with option B) and convert your sound a little bit to draw in a new fanbase? While i love it when bands stay true to who they were in the beginning (ex. NOFX, The Bloodhound Gang) I totally understand them wanting to change their style up a bit and changing with the times. I hated when Green Day did it, and i still do but i can always go back and listen to the classics.

Now it really sounds like it but nowhere in there do i mean that slipknot sounds emo lol. Im just saying they might be trying to pull in a few people that dont want the metal they had back on their self titled album.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
    No Streaming Account
  16. MetalMess

MetalMess Hail Satan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i guess most bands will eventually sell out in order to make more money; they play what will sell themost records, and it's usually the kids who are the biggest audience. i can't say that sliknot has sold out though, since i saw them live and there was not one song that was weak. i'll stick to deathmetal; if they try and go emo, they will automatically die by the devil's hands.

No Streaming Account
  17. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Haha yea slipknot is still hanging strong. I can easily take one or two softer songs if they have 10 more songs that kick ass on a cd.

No Streaming Account
  18. Nick MurderFace

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The only bands that I can honestly say that have stayed true to their fan base and original style is Sevendust, Mudvayne, Hatebreed, Chevele, Chimera, and Bullet For My Valentine.

Hell, even the new Metallica is slow and sounds nothing like the Black Album or Master of Puppets.

No Streaming Account
  19. MetalMess

MetalMess Hail Satan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    bullet for my valentine and Chevelle?? come one, now that's pretty much emo. I like CHimera and Hatebreed though; seen them both live. I've only heard one song off of the new Metallica cd, and eventhough it's not old skool metallica, i kinda like it. but yougotta give them a break; they are like 50.

No Streaming Account
  20. caniacfan86

caniacfan86 Playing

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Chevelle emo?? ARe you kidding me

No Streaming Account