....2k Legends....2007....2008...

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming G-League (LGGL)' started by WilloMan, Dec 13, 2006.

1. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No Streaming Account
  2. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yea, I read about this the other day. I think it is stupid. They wont have real NFL teams and the players will be legends only. Nothing like playing with Walter Payton on the Chicago Capri Suns or whatever they will be called. Madden will still continue to own the market.

Gajeske85
  3. Drake

Drake <b>Administrator</b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If the gameplay is top notch i could see it at least giving EA some incentive to make their game better.

No Streaming Account
  4. WilloMan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anthony Chau from 2K Sports interview http://www.allgames.com/radio.asp?show=agi&ep=211B

I'm looking for game play more then the license at this point. Customizing is what i'm looking for a there will be enough support from communities to provide rosters/teams/uniform edits/etc. If Blitz can be successful why can't a non licensed sim football game? I can't wait for this and finally having a football game to play that's balanced.

No Streaming Account
  5. bones56

bones56 Retired Commissioner

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah i would agree, it the game play is good then who cares about the license.. we will see, so far sounds good

No Streaming Account
  6. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    ESPN 2k5 was a great game. I have accepted that it wont be around anymore and have moved on with Madden. I, along with many others I'm sure, will pass on this and continue to buy Madden. The only reason Blitz was a success is because of the hardcore action. This 2k game will most likely play like 2k5, making it a normal football game with odd teams. I'm just not thinking it will do well.

Gajeske85
  7. WilloMan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    after this interview im thinking of getting the !!MWii just for "The BIGS"....unless it's online on the 360 and not on the Wii.

No Streaming Account
  8. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Look im all for 2k to get a football game out there that pushes EA to give us features... IM not an EA or 2k guru.. Madden is the right pace for me even when 2k was still making games i thought it was to fast.. but that's my take..

So as a Madden buyer at this point because i do like playing with the NFL names and teams, I would want there to be competition to make EA put forth their best.. I think every Football and video game enthusiast wants that.. SO BY ALL MEANS.. Lets get this game on the Shelves..

I will say this.. And i thought it was just 2k that started putting unfinished games out on the market..ie MLB2k6 but other makers have done this as well.. I think as consumers we should punish these guys for imperfection and not buy the games when its subpar.. Easier said than done im afraid..

No Streaming Account
  9. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

MR PAPPAGI0RGIO Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm all for Competition, but I don't really have much interest in this (right now anyway, that could change). I know tons of people here loved 2K5, personally I never really liked it, I was a "Madden" guy just getting my ass kicked in 2k5 leagues I played in.

I'm fairly happy with the Current Madden and really expect next years game to finally be a very good solid all around football experience. Just the difference from last year to this was phenominal because last years game was horrible. Hopefully they can keep it moving at that pace.

No Streaming Account
  10. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    If they made this game, what would the price point be? You gotta believe they'd go back to the 19.99 or 29.99 area. If they did that then you'd really have something going there

Also i was looking at the old nfl 2k5 boards, and those of you who've seen what we've done with the NHL and MLB league scoreboards, well we could do so so much more with NFL as their game log is rich with stats....

11. Giotto

Giotto Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don’t believe Microsoft allow games to sell for less the $40 for the 360. I think Madden and 2K are not so far apart as people like to make them sound. After playing Madden and 2k its timing is different not so much speed i felt. But if 2k wouldn’t cut corners on features and give more versatility to the game they could have something. I think it could be fun to make your own team with a set amount to spend on player attributes and see how your team stacks up against other team, multiple league seasons, and injuries.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2006
    No Streaming Account
  12. ExArmySgt

ExArmySgt <b>Madden NFL Commissioner </b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've come to like Madden a lot but I loved 2k5. I think done right, a 2k football game could be huge. I really like the idea of a fantasy draft through ESPN that would be your fantasy team AND playable team. Custom logos, online leagues, tons of stats, etc. At the very least, it will push EA to give us features that are already in the current gen version, i.e. formation shifts, playmaker controls, and such. I'm really looking forward to the announcement by 2k about this.

No Streaming Account
  13. swiper19

swiper19 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the best part is that this news will force EA to give us all the goodies that 2k may be hinting at , yay a great football game coming soon!

No Streaming Account
  14. nosice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    JUst as long as the controls are halfway the same this time.. IT will work.. i think in 2005 people that wanted to play both couldnt because of the control diffferences... SO IM hoping they send us some love in that respect.. I think it would help out more for them if they did..

No Streaming Account
  15. BxGngsta

BxGngsta Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Not a fan of 2K even though I did have it. I just think the gameplay was too arcade. The ability to smash buttons for extra speed and trucking were features I didn't like. The presentation and the plays were the best part!

No Streaming Account
  16. WilloMan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the button mashing was kind of made it more interactive for me and the trucking even if u didnt like it in 2k5 version was when it wasn't over powering. Plus EA put the "trucking" feature in there game so it only means that someone else liked the idea.

As long as the voice database registers and the names are mentioned like in CH 2k online i'm all for it.

No Streaming Account
  17. nosice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Actually they toned it down from 2k4 to 2k5... (Trucking).. I remember 2k4 it was easy to break loose.. and 2k5 they had it where you could break a tackle.. SO im thinking it wasnt half as bad as it was in the past.. and willo is right, it made it in madden so it wasnt something that people didnt like..

I really appreciate everybody's approach on this thread... I think we all want this to come out because it helps everybody.. im hoping 2k puts forth their best effort.. Good job guys..

No Streaming Account
  18. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Yup agreed
    I think everyone see's the value in having 2 options and that it really helps push both in a future direction

But back to the price point, how could 2k justify selling this game at the same price as madden? They'd have to offer some type of discount price

19. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    yeah you'd think they would have to bump it down to a $40 price point(I wasn't aware of restrictions MS had in game pricing, or if they could even do that). I just don't see a game like that being successful. The majority of people that buy sports games like to, to some degree, simulate or have their own input of what they see on Sundays. I wouldn't buy the game personally, but I hope its feature rich and has some outstanding gameplay and customization options. If nothing else it could help force EA's hand into making the games complete like they should be. Personally, EA having football, both college and pro, seems like a bit of a monopoly. EA kinda dragged their butts a few seasons back, but stepped it up when they realized 2k was catching up. Its unfortunate the way it turned out.

No Streaming Account
  20. murph17

murph17 Puff, Puff, Pass, Score!

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    murph17