2k5 impressions?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming G-League (LGGL)' started by goalie, Jul 21, 2004.

1. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    this game friggen kicks ASS!!! anyone who played last years game will notice the broken tackles are actually toned down

No Streaming Account
  2. Rube Ranter

Rube Ranter Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have only played maybe a game offline, and I do not like the way the players move and their reactions when I move them around, never liked this in any of ESPN's games.

It's OK, I prefer Madden, but this game is decent. I do see improvments in the gameplay, but I still like Madden better. It isn't the exact same game, but it's good. I'd actually be pretty interested in playing this for a season or two in the NFL League so I probably will try and sign up again.

No Streaming Account
  3. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i love it i love it i love it... won my 1st game.. ugly but i still won!!! have to get use to the nfl controls and stop trying to play it likes it ncaa!!! :p

No Streaming Account
  4. PhilipRivers17

PhilipRivers17 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i love it but i can't play it lol. screws up my NCAA game.

No Streaming Account
  5. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Play someone that knows what they're doing with the joystick. It takes more than a mindless single button press and a shoulder charge to break a tackle in EA football games. :wink:

No Streaming Account
  6. CanEHdian

CanEHdian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No joke, I haven't had a game yet where a RB hasn't broke more then 2 tackes per run. At least in Madden you can only possibly break one tackle per run.

No Streaming Account
  7. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow, this game isn't even worth $20. I tried it, and has the running game really changed from last seasons game?

No, it hasn't, and it still sucks in my opinion. If the league were to use the game, then I would play it. If the game isn't used, then I will try and trade it for some other crappy game.

No Streaming Account
  8. GrandmasterB

GrandmasterB GRAPHIC ASSASSIN

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    I'm with MP on this one...the game rocks! How can you say it's not worth the $20 socal? You're crazy!

I can't stand Madden...he's a fat tub of goo, and listening to his stupid commentary on TV is one thing...having to stomach it during a video game is another. MADDEN BLOWS PUPPIES!

No Streaming Account
  9. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, and i am in no way a fanboy. Back in the Dreamcast days, I absolutely loved the NFL 2K series, but since it went to ESPN last year, I stopped loving it so much. Now I am 50/50 with the games, and until I play Madden it will remain that way.

But for now, ESPN has really dissapointed me, and there are a few people here, who know something I would have much rather spent $20 on.

No Streaming Account
  10. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Turn off the announcers and throw away the case. Problem solved.

BTW, how does that effect gameplay at all?

No Streaming Account
  11. striker3771

striker3771 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  12. Darthor

Darthor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you're playing with Seattle and using Alexander you won't break a lot of tackles. I used Seattle a lot in exhibition last season and the problem with him is his strength rating is way low (his speed was too low also around 85 or lower I think). I think last season his strength rating was around 36 or so. That's what kickers and punters are rated at. :laugh: I haven't looked at his ratings for this year's game but I'm sure it might be similar. Play with a power back and watch the defenders bounce off you like silly putty.

No Streaming Account
  13. CanEHdian

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ya like try playing Miami and tell me he dont break too many tackles?? Not gonna happen, I played someon who used Miami and he was breaking 3-4 tackles every carry. I can see 1 or 2 cause it's Ricky but everytime he gets the ball? Come on now.

No Streaming Account
  14. MixMasterMike

MixMasterMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm loving this game. Just like every other 2K game, it feels like I have more control over all of my players. The players in the EA games just feel loose (ice skating). I can control them alright, and make plays on the ball, but it feels a lot more comfortable with the 2K movements. Broken tackles aren't a problem in this game at all. RBs in the NFL break about the same amount of tackles in this game from what I've seen, especially good ones. As long as your guy is charged up all the way, you'll make the tackle most of the time. And if your defense is set up right you'll have more guys over there to help clean up anyway. A lot of it is that you jump on the guy, then you have to keep pushing the tackle btton, and he'll grab his legs for the tackle. I like that feature. Overall the game is great so far, no complaints.

No Streaming Account
  15. GrandmasterB

GrandmasterB GRAPHIC ASSASSIN

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    You know what XBJ...have you played the game yet? All you do is talk about gameplay...let's hear your two cents worth.

You guys will never be happy with a game. There's always something to improve upon. There will never be the "perfect" game. There's going to be people who hate/like each game for different reasons. So far I like this game...no complaints. Unlike you richy rich's out there, some of us don't have $70-100 to drop on two games and see which one is better. When Fat Ass (I mean Madden) comes out I'll rent it and see what it's like...but I highly doubt either one will be light years ahead of the other as far as gameplay.

No Streaming Account
  16. PhilipRivers17

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    and socal, the game isn't worth 10 bucks???? your a freakin idiot, how long have you had the game? exactly. I'm not a fan boy, i just know good games.

personally, i hate madden. and i can understand other people liking it, becaause its a solid football game, but it just doesnt' stand up to the 2k series.

madden is going to be exactly like NCAA, why would you want to play a game that has very little offense. The only difference is going to be the logos.

No Streaming Account
  17. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Now this statement I will put stock in. MP is one of the most critical gamers here. Can't wait to check it out myself.

No Streaming Account
  18. macteago

macteago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm hearing gripes about broken tackles, but no one has mentioned the new Maximum Tackling to combat broken tackles. One, broken tackles are toned down but there are still some.

With tackling this is what it says verbatim in the manual, looks like players will have to learn how to use this for online play:

From Booklet:

"This year when a player is wrapped up by a defender he can break free of the tackle to gain extra yards or he can be dropped. When the defender wraps his arms around the ball carrier, the cursor underneath will turn red. Both the ball carrier and the defender can press A rapidly to either rip free of the tackle or take the other player down."

So when you see a defender wrap a guy you better start tapping A to take him down. It's kind of like they gave a shoulder charge to the defense this year.

So you have several options when going in for the tackle
    1- dive without a charge
    2- wrap out without a charge (once wrapped up tap A as fast as you can)
    3- charge and dive at player to take him down
    4- charge and wrap up player (and then tap a to bring down instantly)

Personally I think the game is excellent so far. Have had some really fun games. Still love NCAA but the slowdown on the Xbox is hard to take sometimes, played it at a buddies both online and offline on a PS2 and its night and day better than the Xbox version. Hopefully Madden won't have this issue.

Right now I am really liking ESPN and find it ridiculous yet not surprising that Madden fans would only give this game like 5 minutes of play time before juding.:?

No Streaming Account
  19. PhilipRivers17

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yes another sane person ^

No Streaming Account
  20. CanEHdian

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    He's sane just because he likes the game? Gimme a break everyone has their own opinions so you cannot say someone is wrong or right just becasue they like Madden better.

No Streaming Account