2k5 Tips or helpful hints

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming G-League (LGGL)' started by Linuxx360, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Linuxx360

Linuxx360 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    2k5 Tips or helpful

Maybe we can help each other out with the game, I play now and get creamed by the computer at All-Pro and I want to be good when we start this league. I have not played Football for a couple years so maybe you can help out with some tips on Defense or Offense for some of us that dont play as much.

Thanks so much.

One question I have is what player do you set yourself as on Defense? Do you hit B to constantly change to who is closest to the ball? I guess normally I play a LB.

No Streaming Account
  2. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good thread! I could use some pointers as well. On D, I usually go with a D-tackle or D-end to start and then switch when then play runs.

No Streaming Account
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I almost always play safety.

I used to play some DE but it was only to stop the screen whores and now that the screen pass doesnt work every time so I dont bother with it.

All I can say is disquise your D
    Dont call obvious zones. If your guy has 3 wide outs call a zone that matches up the DB's so it looks like man or you will get picked apart by pass happy players.

Set your audibles on defense so you can switch around and keep him guessing the worst thing you can have is the guy on offense knowing his play is going to work.

Alos playing a lot so the buttons become almost instictual helps. :)

4. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How do I accomplish this? Do I have to load my playbook each time I sign in? I thought I set my audibles and then when I go to them they are not there.

No Streaming Account
  5. lilheavy

lilheavy Louisiana Swamp Cat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You have to do it in the game. VC didn't give us the option to use playbooks linked to our profile online. In other words we can't take created playbooks online, you have to use the default playbook of the team you are playing with.

No Streaming Account
  6. Linuxx360

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    what about interceptions? Is there a key to that? I try and set my guy up for one but I never can get one....I think its the black button or white I cant remember.

Also on tackling...do you find that if you hold the X button down when you hit a guy that helps? I seem to bounce off guys a lot

No Streaming Account
  7. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When I played this game for the short time, I had quite a few interceptions, user interceptions by hitting the Y-button when I would line my guy up perfectly.

No Streaming Account
  8. GrandmasterB

GrandmasterB GRAPHIC ASSASSIN

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    If any of you guys want to have some practice games let me know. I'd be glad to help out where I can, and it wouldn't hurt to get some practice either.

No Streaming Account
  9. NoTyme

NoTyme Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey B I'll take you up on that if your up for around 11:15 - 11:30 start thats about the time we get home. I know I need to shake all the Madden mini games that I have played for the last week.

No Streaming Account
  10. GrandmasterB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    you mean PM NoTyme? I don't know if I'll be up that late, but if I am I'll look you up.

No Streaming Account
  11. Giotto

Giotto Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    On a side note, playing the computer can be very different then playing people. beside the obvious human factor there can be some serious momentum shifts in the game and what worked before against the computer will not always work later against the computer. While playing against people as long as you called the right play for the D they have set up it should work almost every time. When you audible against the computer and your up it seems to magicly audible to the perfect D for your new play. Really ticks me off. Thats where i need more money plays.

For what works against what "D" the is a Jargon book in the game under Extras that is really helpfull. It goes over Cover 1,2,3 and what plays "should" work against what D and vice versa. No i didnt forget Cover 4, the game only sites 3.

I have found for oustide run plays Jumbo and 4-3 have not woked, nickel zone helps, but i play with the Giants and they have NO linbackers above 75 rating

No Streaming Account
  12. Linuxx360

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    interesting, thanks.

No Streaming Account
  13. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tomorrow ill have time to help whoever needs some pointers on D. I know all the D audibles off the top of my head now.

No Streaming Account
  14. Linuxx360

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How come when i update the roster online it still has the old one when I play single player?

How do you add plays to your favorites?

No Streaming Account
  15. GrandmasterB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Your favorites will auto-populate (correct me if I'm wrong), based on how often you use certain plays. That way if you have a set number of plays you'd like to run just go that route.

No Streaming Account