31 Teams in 31 Days: Buffalo Sabres (Day 4)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by SweeT 9 LoU 84, Oct 6, 2018.

?

Will the Buffalo Sabres make the playoffs

1. Yes

34.0%
  2. No

66.0%
  1. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    The defending Eastern Conference Champs, the surprise team of the playoffs who had a run for the ages to the cup finals. @At43 led his S30 Buffalo team to all the way through the Eastern playoffs in the 8 seed. They were underdogs in every single series. First they took out @Im4thLineWorthy and the east winning NYR in 7, then in round 2 they swept @brandovedo Pittsburgh Penguins, then knocked off the cup favorite OTT senators, before falling to the MIN wild in the finals and all without their GM and top player Nemzer and then Keapps for the eastern conference finals and cup finals, what could of been

Now onto S31, @NEMZER is gone playing real life hockey in Sweden, @KEAPPS is serving a 3 season ban for his "jokes and trolls" to @PlayboiPryme and anyone who said BUF sucked during their playoff run. @At43 needed to find a way to replace Nemzer and he for some unknown reason resigned @AgentSooksta008 at 7.25M after a 9-11-3 and then tried to bring in @x VaPoR 81 x a former VHLer who is a prospect with only 5 career LGgames played but that was shut down by the BOGs for some reason so instead turned to @BlueLineKing7 who was coming off an awful 8-18 season as their free contract GM. All of those things combined with a lot of their core guys from last season and the resigns of @AgentSooksta008 and @xD A L Y put BUF in a tough spot heading into bidding.

However, tanaka was able to work his magic managed to put together a solid bidding. BUF went heavy in the old gen returnees bringin back @Dashiki B (Hayes) @DaNextOne @RoasTT @LuckyLuke le D on fantastic contracts if they can return to form(Youre welcome for messaging all these guys to sign back up for LG lol)

Their fwds depth is very good, im not exactly sure what the lines are going to be as they have 6Cs 2LWs and 1RW but i imagine all of the Cs can play wing just not sure which ones will. Sook was a 1st liner back in the day, DaNextOne was one of the best 2 way Centers and Dork is a great Dman who was also very solid on FWD. The 2nd line you would think would be the inseperable @At43 and @honesrule but im not sure if they will be doing that this season. They were able to grab their old buddy who use to be an elite scorer @RoasTT as well as former teammate @Dashiki B who use to put up points with the best of them as well as troll and scrub hunt better than the best. Tanaka was able to bring back @xKillzone99 who had a return to form yr for them last season and on a hell of a contract. Finally they brought in AHL stud @Zariodh92 who is making the jump to the BIGs and looks to be in a running for the calder if he can gel with his linemmates

On the back end the Sabres look pretty solid as well with a strong top 4. They have a ton of veteran experience on the backend with @BlueLineKing7 @xD A L Y @LuckyLuke le D and @Ondrej Kase (vatty) as well as the Sabres best Dman the last 2 seasons @General Jobo somehow returning to the team via bidding on a hell of a contract at 1.25M. The only questionable piece on the backend besides Vatty who has never really proved he can play at this level or build a team at this level based on his stats is what im assuming will be his Dpartner @Farfadet92 who is coming off an average AHL season after a stellar rookie AHL season and superb CHL season.

In net, they Sabres made a play for the Ps4 stud @TheyCallMeRevv who led PSN in SV% with a ridiculous 86SV% which is record in every league in every season ever. He decided to make the jump to Xbox and see if he can hang with the big boys. Unfortunately for the Sabres, Rev resigned on PSN and will be playing G both consoles so his availability will be brutal RIP. To fill in for the games Rev cant make and Im assuming Rev wont be playing 6/9 for xbox and 3/9 for PSN so backup long time LGer who has been up and down between the NHL and AHL a shit ton but if a great guy and solid player in @Follisimo will be relied upon heavily.

Forwards
    @AgentSooksta008 @DaNextOne @Dork x22
    @honesrule @Dashiki B @RoasTT
    @At43 @xKillzone99 @Zariodh92

Defense
    @BlueLineKing7 @xD A L Y
    @General Jobo @LuckyLuke le D
    @Farfadet92 @Ondrej Kase

Goalies
    @TheyCallMeRevv
    @Follisimo

Will the old guys live for the game again and be able to return to form or will they just get on for their 3 LG games and week and go back to living their lives? Do they enjoy the game enough to grind a little bit every night instead of watching TV with the wife or kids? I have faith in tanaka and his mgmt. skills to keep the ship afloat but not sure if I have faith in EA to keep people interested in the game after the last couple years and some of the recent patches and the way they rubbed some players the wrong way. I see buffalo making the playoffs as a lower seed competing throughout the season.

Great Contracts
    @General Jobo @DaNextOne @Dashiki B @xKillzone99

Bad Contracts
    @AgentSooksta008 (probably should of just gave him GM)

Key Losses
    @Jaw Ache @KEAPPS @Naazzyy @NEMZER @x PAPI GONZALEZ @Hine 2

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  2. Breaky

Breaky Glue guy

Discord:
    Breaky#7169
    Ratings:
    +1,003 / 81 / -128
    Day 5

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. BlueLineKing7

BlueLineKing7 BlueLineKing7

Discord:
    bluelineking7#0
    Ratings:
    +96 / 2 / -2
    No disrespect to anyone... but winning 8 games with Florida last season I take as an accomplishment. Just sayin...

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Playing In Multiplayer
    bluelineking7
  4. RoasTT

RoasTT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 1 / -4
    When was I ever an elite scorer? Thanks lou for not calling me a two week warrior

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    330657D6-F6DA-4312-8463-C147D7CDE35D.png

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  6. honesrule

honesrule What's an RT?

Discord:
    honesrule#0
    Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -18
    I second @RoasTT never being an elite scorer.

honesrule
  7. DirtyJerrz

DirtyJerrz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +384 / 12 / -28
    The write ups are great. Not just for entertainment value, but it's really helpful to learn about some of these lesser known teams and guys from previous gens. Guys like me that have only been around for a few seasons - I know I've had a hard time occasionally keeping track of the "big names" and whatnot, especially with the seemingly endless gamertag changes. Keep it up

• Like Like x 1
    Dirty_Jerrz