31 teams in 31 days :team9: Dallas Stars

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by StamToast, Oct 9, 2018.

1. StamToast

StamToast Simple Rick

Discord:
    stamtoast#0
    Ratings:
    +1,035 / 9 / -13
    :team9:DALLAS STARS:team9:

Ownership - @Schlemko x 17
    GM - @GreasyGogan

Dallas is lead by an interesting ownership group with Gogan uniting with Schlemko. I know Gogan pretty well as a former teammate of his and I have experienced him as a manager. He is one of the best at getting the most out of the people on his team and creating a good team environment. I am not too sure how he will operate will Schlemko as the owner and if he will be making most of the calls or what. Schlemko and Gogan are not superstar players but are both solid 2nd liners who can play well with elite talent.

Schlemko picked up a good deal of french forwards with @Stifmeister x 7 , @I St Michel I , and @xMongeon now on the roster. Im not sure who will play with who, but I know Stifmeister and Mongeon have played together before and could be a deadly duo flanking Michel or even Gogan. Besides the big contract in Stifmeister, the forward group is a lot of cheap forwards that can do some damage. @TheAngryNachos is a very good pickup for 1mil if he can put up similar numbers to his 29 season. He had 70 pts and he has even pu tup 50+ pts pretty consistently. Even @Martin ScoresEZ is a prolific banana and search game scorer who is a soild contract for 1 mil. He has had some success in the LGHL with a 70 pt season , but ended up with a losing record that season. The common theme I am seeing with the forwards is that their +/- is not too high across the board. If these forwards work in their own zone a little better it would help this Dallas team be more complete and push them up the standings a great deal.

The defense is lead by non other than @Poooch. Who knows if he'll be any good without Bergy 37 to mentor and carry him , but I have faith that he can hold down the first pair for Dallas. Im not too sure who will be joining him on the top pair, but according to the way he is paid Im guessing @TheHeroicDuck will be playing alongside pooch. Heroic duck has been around for a long time and has not had a registered game in LG since season S18 where his last game played was a 5-1 playoff win against me where he put up 3 points from defense. Now most of that is irrelevant, so this 5 mil contract could be a giant boom or bust scenario for Dallas.

The goalie combo of @CjC Cobras and @Yantzer_84 is a solid one for a cool 1mil combined. Both are very experienced goalies. Neither have experienced much winning recently, but it is no fault of their own. These guys show up and play and play well enough for their team to win. This is one of the more underrated goalie tandems in the league with the ability to have a good goalie in their 9 games a week, or however many we play now.

Best lineup:
    Stifmeister Gogan xMongeon
    Duck Pooch
    Yantzer

Now this lineup looks pretty solid on paper, but it may be one of the weaker game 7 lineups out there. Dallas' lineup is more predicated on being very balanced all around with having a tweener first line as their top line and a lot of solid second liners that can pick up a lot of wins along the way. Im not too sure if they'll be able to beat too many top lines , but I think their depth all around is the strength of this time and I dont see too many weak links.

Best Contract - @xMongeon
    Worst Contract - @TheHeroicDuck

• Like Like x 11
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. GreasyGogan

GreasyGogan Chief of Heimbecker

Ratings:
    +1,722 / 66 / -49
    HOLY SHIT a Bergy 37 mention. There’s a throw back!

• Like Like x 2
    Jay_Rulez
  3. TheHeroicDuck

TheHeroicDuck Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    Am offended.

• Funny Funny x 1
    TheHeroicDuck
  4. TheGreech