HeadLine A check in on the 11 most expensive defensemen of season 7

The 11 defensemen who were bid on the most and are still in the CHL.

1. crazeematt1

crazeematt1 West Coast Baby

Discord:
    matt#8140
    Ratings:
    +349 / 20 / -31
    A check in on the 11 most expensive defensemen of season 7 - The 11 defensemen who were bid on the most and are still in the CHL.

[​IMG]

*MikeK's section edited to make more clear, was worded poorly and gave an inaccurate representation of my opinion

With week 4 underway, we’re going to take a look back and see how the 11 most expensive defensemen in bidding (who are still in the CHL) are doing. There were three people with the contract to take the #9 spot, thus why there aren’t 10 but 11. These stats reflect weeks 1-3 only, games played today were not factored in.

1) @MikeK59 ($7,750,000, AGM, RD, Drummondville Voltigeurs)

7-2-0, 0 G, 8 A, 8 P, +7 +/-, 35 TA, +5 T/G, 32 GA

Worth the money?: Kind of both?

Mike's contract is high, and while I don't necessarily agree with such a high contract, his value is worth being the most expensive defenseman (again, I don't necessarily agree with the almost 8 mil, but no one should've gone for more, thus why I say he was "kind of both", he's the best dman in the league, in my opinion). This is Mike’s best season in the CHL, looking significantly better than in season 5, the last time he was a full time defenseman. He’s posting almost 4 takeaways a game as well as almost a point for game, and while his goals allowed count isn’t pretty, 13 of them came in one game where the goalie threw (and is now banned), leaving him with 19 goals in 8 games (6 of those 19 came in another game, leaving him with 13 in 7). Also, did I mention that +5 T/G?

2) @Gamingfreak911 ($6,750,000, RD, Kamloops Blazers)

6-3-0, 3 G, 9 A, +18 +/-, 34 TA, -17 T/G, 18 GA

Worth the money?: Yes.

Gamingfreak is widely considered to be one of the best if not the best defenseman in the LGCHL PSN; I would’ve been surprised to see him go for less than $5,000,000. He’s posting over a point per game and has picked up 3 goals on only 13 shots. His T/G is mediocre and nothing outstanding, but he’s averaging 4 T/A a game, and it doesn’t look like his giveaways have been burning him based on that +/-.

3) @HyPe_DoMiNaToR ($6,750,000, LD, Barrie Colts)

6-3-0, 1 G, 3 A, 4 P, 0 +/-, 36 TA, +1 T/G, 28 GA

Playing as a defensive defenseman the majority of the time, his lack of points is nothing bad, although in season 6 he did have more PPG. He’s also been more likely to put himself in the box this season (8 PIM right now, 6 all of season 6), but his T/G of +1 is outstanding, and he is tied for the most takeaways on this list. Even on a 12-14-1 team, he’s still winning ⅔ of his games, signifying his impact on his team, which is why I consider him to be worth the money.

4) @Dustinkeefe19 ($6,250,000, RD, Ottawa 67s)

6-2-1, 2 G, 6 A, 8 P, +6 +/-, 28 TA, -28 T/G, 18 GA

Worth the money?: No.

I already know I’m going to get bashed for saying he’s not worth the money. Dustin and Smiitty were two of the most expensive bids at the beginning of the bidding session, with Dustin closing out at over 6 million. A combo of DD and TWD has given him almost a PPG, along with giving up 2 goals a game. What makes Dustin special in my opinion is that the most goals he’s given up in a game is 4. Everytime I see him in drops on the other team, I get smashed. The reason I say he wasn’t worth the money is that he gets rocked by great teams. In 2 games against the Bulldogs and Spitfires (1 each), he has 28 giveaways. Even with only 18 goals allowed, that’s simply too many against teams that will capitalize off of mistakes. Sure, I'm basing his worth off of one stat, but it's an important one, a good defenseman doesn't turn the puck over religiously, no matter the opponent.

5) @HercyParvin ($6,250,000, RD, Rimouski Oceanic)

3-0-0, 0 G, 2 A, 2 P, +2 +/-, 13 TA, -9 T/G, 3 GA

Hercy was just TC’ed yesterday for what I assume are availability issues, after not playing in weeks 2 or 3. For that, he’s not worth the money. His stats in week 1 were okay, but nothing too amazing. Had he played in three weeks, he would’ve been on target for 39 takeaways, which would’ve been the most out of everyone on this list (although a -27 T/G would’ve looked relatively ugly). He allowed 1 goal in all 3 of his games, although he didn’t face any powerhouses (he played the Armada, Remparts, and Olympiques). First major bust of this group, right here. Sorry Oceanic (although it looks like you guys are getting by fine without him).

6) @kingggermaan17 ($6,000,000, LD, Spokane Chiefs)

7-1-1, 1 G, 4 A, 5 P, +17 +/-, 32 TA, -5 T/G, 18 GA

In his first stint as defenseman, King has had a solid season, posting a decent T/G and allowing 2 goals per game (he’s only given up 6 goals in 3 games against the rival Wheat Kings). One thing he’s not providing is a lot of offense. Even though he’s a defenseman, when you’re playing as a PMD or TWD as well as being paid $6,000,000, you should be doing more than getting a point essentially every two games. I doubt that his production is gonna increase now that he’s on Spokane, and I expect him to start getting rocked a little bit... like the entire Spokane team (I mean 131 goals allowed through three weeks? Come on). He’s worth the price for his defense rather than his offense. I would like to apologize to King, rip your season.

7) @Ravens9190 ($5,750,000, LD, Portland Winterhawks)

6-3-0, 0 G, 8 A, 8 P, +17 +/-, 36 TA, -14 T/G, 25 GA

Ravens has had a great season on a great Portland Winterhawks team. He’s had two games with 0 giveaways,is tied for the most takeaways on this list, and is currently set to beat his points total from season 6 (11), along with takeaways (76). @FrannieDeVito made a risky move in spending almost 6 million on a player who went 8-15-1 last season, but it’s worked out great for him and the organization. Ravens will be dominant the rest of the season; he is absolutely worth the money spent on him.

8) @NHL-MOST-HATED99 ($5,750,000, RD, Oshawa Generals)

5-3-1, 1 G, 8 A, 9 P, +8 +/-, 33 TA, -1 T/G, 19 GA

NHL is in his first season on LG, and he’s definitely come in with a bang. He’s picked up a PPG and has a solid T/G through the first three weeks. The best part about NHL is that he’s given up 3 goals or less in every game thus far. He’s consistently fantastic and is capable of contributing on both ends. Great pickup by @Blitzburgh_31 .

9) @TurmoiIz ($5,500,000, LD, Windsor Spitfires)

6-3-0, 3 G, 10 A, 13 P, +18 +/-, 18 TA, -19 TA/GA, 17 GA

With only 18 takeaways, TurmoiIz is still a solid defenseman. The TWD/OD has posted over a point per game including 3 goals, and even with only 18 takeaways, only has a -19 TA/GA, showing that he doesn’t turn the puck over that much. His lack of takeaways also hasn’t translated to a lot of goals against, so he’s clearly doing something right.

10) @Dlcjr75 ($5,500,000, LD, Kingston Frontenacs)

4-3-1, 2 G, 2 A, 4 P, +4 +/-, 28 TA, -19 T/G, 24 GA

Dlc was TC’ed a week ago, automatically making him not worth the money. If he wasn’t TC’ed, I would still be debating whether he was worth it. His stats aren’t that bad, but for some reason I just can’t give a clear determination, I’m not sure what’s throwing me off. Anyways, he’s sitting on Kingston’s TC for unknown reasons. Not worth the money.

11) @DanOtunE ($5,500,000, RD, Cape Breton Screaming Eagles)

7-1-1, 0 G, 10 A, +27 +/-, 30 TA, -20 T/G, 27 GA

Contrary to what I think, in our season 6 Tigres alumni chat, Dan said, “Dude I agree” followed by, “I wouldn’t spend that much on myself” as we watched his price climb. Well, sorry Dan, but you’re worth the money. Dan has been a part of half of his team’s wins, and has racked up over a PPG. His +27 is the highest on this list, and his 30 takeaways and -20 T/G is nothing to be ashamed about. Even with 27 GA, 15 of those came in 2 games (one was against Gatineau though… ouch), leaving him with 12 goals over 7 games.​
    Support the news team, like, comment & share your thoughts on their work

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Troll Troll x 1
    MrImster
  2. kickass8000

kickass8000 Elite Shitter

Discord:
    Kickass8000#0533
    Ratings:
    +81 / 5 / -12
    7.75 mil for a dman is insane, there's no way around that

• Like Like x 3
    Kickass_8000
  3. crazeematt1

Discord:
    matt#8140
    Ratings:
    +349 / 20 / -31
    I phrased it incorrectly. My logic is that I believe he is the best defenseman, so I believe that he should've had the highest contract. Thus I marked his contract as worth it. I see that the way I put it made it sound like something else, and I'll change it accordingly.

MrImster
  4. ZEKE-21-

ZEKE-21- S6 Memorial Cup Champion

Discord:
    Dallas1262x#4964
    Ratings:
    +199 / 3 / -10
    MikeK is a good dude but he'd probably be the first to tell you that his cap hit is ridiculous. He's still a good defenseman but he's just now known as the 7.75 mil man. And if he ever signs up late due to the new rules, that money is going to follow him.

No Streaming Account
  5. Dlcjr75

Dlcjr75 Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -1
    Please some one help me. I'm being held hostage!

dlcjr75
  6. ZEKE-21-

ZEKE-21- S6 Memorial Cup Champion

Discord:
    Dallas1262x#4964
    Ratings:
    +199 / 3 / -10
    Why tc

No Streaming Account
  7. xOglowkeyyx

xOglowkeyyx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 7 / -11
    My two D man Goaliegodz and GoIdfuryou are arguably the best in the league. 4.75 and 5.2. Funny how they just missed this list. Gold is 10-0, Goalie godz probably would be had I got him sooner.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    kwilloughby1
  8. Dlcjr75

Dlcjr75 Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -1
    We were having salary cap problems and I was highest on team.

dlcjr75
  9. Maida2theb

Maida2theb Drummondville Voltigeurs Owner

Ratings:
    +12 / 1 / -5
    guy is salty

• Troll Troll x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Bmaida151
  10. looper_61

looper_61 lol

Discord:
    Loops#5030
    Ratings:
    +102 / 10 / -17
    I have 2 10-0 dmen as well :)

One has 14pts. +22 2.75 mil cap hit.
    The other has 8pts. +22 1mil cap hit

• Like Like x 1
    Looper_61
  11. xOglowkeyyx

xOglowkeyyx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 7 / -11
    I was talking about expensive ones but thats solid

kwilloughby1
  12. looper_61

looper_61 lol

Discord:
    Loops#5030
    Ratings:
    +102 / 10 / -17
    Make that 10-1 now. Big L

• Winner Winner x 1
    Looper_61
  13. Mcdavid-o-97-o

Mcdavid-o-97-o New Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -2
    I'm 500 thousand baby!

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  14. ndrdog

ndrdog 200+ negative ratings and 97% are from 4 people.

Ratings:
    +52 / 32 / -206
    This was very interesting. Well written and researched. Good deal. I didn't notice the record of each club that the players were on, which I think might make a difference but well done.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Ndrdog
  15. crazeematt1

Discord:
    matt#8140
    Ratings:
    +349 / 20 / -31
    Noted! Goalies coming out in about an hour or so, will add team records in. Thanks for the suggestion!

MrImster
  16. DodgesBlueShells

DodgesBlueShells Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 8 / -15
    Glad to see I'm outperforming basically all of these guys at $5M lol

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. looper_61

looper_61 lol

Discord:
    Loops#5030
    Ratings:
    +102 / 10 / -17
    As predicted haha

• Like Like x 1
    Looper_61
  18. LaFleuR11

LaFleuR11 Terrible Defenseman

Ratings:
    +11 / 1 / -1
    I know Dodgeblueshell
    You're the best in my heart

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. DodgesBlueShells

DodgesBlueShells Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 8 / -15
    VIVE LE REBELS, SEXY LAFLEUR!!!!!!!!!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. Dc_Deke92

Dc_Deke92 Dc_Deke92

Ratings:
    +8 / 4 / -5
    I'm 5 mil lol played a few game's with Niagara got stuck with no offense got waived TC'd traded to Edmonton (not even a look) traded to Tri City and here I sit rotting away to many owners expect 1 d man to carry a line that's just ludicrous you at least need another legit d man beside you and yes I'm good there are a ton of people that will tell you that then there are trolls that'll say get good rofl any one of you that say get good bring it just to many owner's that have no clue what there doing

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    Dc_Deke92