Adding a "Lob" pass

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Really Good Dad, Apr 22, 2019.

1. RGDeded

RGDeded Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,213 / 47 / -134
    Does anyone else think a great add to the game would be adding a lob pass similar to what fifa has. In the nhl u always see some alley oops or just getting the puck into an open area. Right now we have the high dump which is nice but i think adding a more precise lob can really add some dynamic gameplay.

What do you guys think about this

• Like x 2
    • Troll x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    ReallyGooodDad
  2. TheHeroicDuck

TheHeroicDuck Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    short dump works will if you hit someone with speed

TheHeroicDuck
  3. Neaverth

Neaverth Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 1 / -3
    Lob passes already work the game will do it automatically if a guy is streaking and ur deep in the D zone

No Streaming Account
  4. trevwings

trevwings 2nd best Trev in LG

Discord:
    TrevWings#8296
    Ratings:
    +1,012 / 47 / -81
    all the tools are already there with high dumps, short dumps, wrist shots, slap shots off the end boards, saucer passes, etc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. RGDeded

RGDeded Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,213 / 47 / -134
    Yes but u dont have much control over any of those things. What i wanna see is the ability to lob the puck maybe 10-15 ft and like 8 ft off the ground where u can actually put it where u want it and create a 50/50 puck or catch a dman standing still. Also would help break traps becauae now u are dumping into a corner if i can do a lob to the half boards consistently that gains possesion. Would also add alot more creativity since right now the dump, slap shot etc is all about getting it deep i want something where u can put the puck into an area and let your team skate into it

ReallyGooodDad
  6. aHuff21

aHuff21 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 16 / -20
    The ability for a lob pass is there. It's hard to pull off in real life just like it is in this game. Which is how it should be.

• Like Like x 1
    ahuff21
  7. I GetBusy I

I GetBusy I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 3 / -8
    You can lob in Chel, it’s probably not the easiest thing to gauge though because of the inconsistency.

A couple of things I would like to see though is a “through pass”, as well as a deflection button.
    The deflection button should work in two ways, one the more obvious from a guy standing in front. The second is something you see A LOT in real life, whether it’s a a guy skating through the neutral zone or waiting on the red/blue line deflecting the puck into the zone for a forecheck from a hard pass from the D zone.
    Considering how much of a trap game this is, I think it would help moving the game out of the neutral zone and more into the O/D zone.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account