AHL Award Projection

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by ryanwashere78, Dec 8, 2016.

1. ryanwashere78

ryanwashere78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -3
    So we’re 11 games away from the end of the regular season. This is like a projection of who's going to get what awards if we’re doing awards this year, which we should and are currently not. But again, we should do awards.

LET'S GET SOME THINGS STRAIGHT

1. This is my opinion

2. I’m trying to keep it as unbiased as possible. It's not the easiest thing to do, due (ha do-due) to the fact that I play with my boys in Iowa a lot and against the Central Division a lot.

3. I'm going to miss people. Sorry.

4. You don't have to agree with everything I say. That being said, if you do disagree and wish to tell me that I’m wrong, please have a compelling argument as to why, rather than saying “Ryan, you’re garbage.”

OK LET'S DO THIS

The John B. Sollenberger Trophy- AHL Leading Scorer-

Probable Winners- @Kingbling647 (92 points) and @MafiaMan15 (90 points)-

It's a really close race. Both are phenomenal point-getters. Either of them can win. I flipped a coin and Kingbling won. I flipped it again and Mafiaman won.

Dark Horses - @Rickchel98 (84 points) @Brentlymulligan (83 points) @jmm420 (82 points)

Any of these guys would have to have a dynamite last week in order to catch to the current leaders, but i’m not gonna say it's impossible...do you believe in miracles?

The Dudley "Red" Garrett Memorial Award - AHL Rookie of the Year (Prospect of the Year) -

Probable Winners - @Kingbling647 @Brentlymulligan @II-Entryy-II @TheRealGrimlax

This is another really close race. Anyone one of these guys are really important to their teams. I think it comes down to these 4 players though, Bling (Most Points 92), Brentley (Most Goals 55), Entry (Highest Plus-Minus +52, Best Individual record 19-2-2), and Grimlax (Most Goalie Wins 30, 2nd Highest Save% 83.3)

Dark Horses- @j_marz25 @ImaDoer3 @QuicKnesS-02 @DomSquad100 @DoubleZERO33

All these guys are really important to their teams. Can definitely make cases for all of them.

The Eddie Shore Award - AHL Best Defenseman

Probable Winner - @II-Entryy-II

I really think he is the runaway favorite. He leads in Points for Defenceman (35), Plus-Minus (52), Assists (28), and in my opinion currently has the top record for a defenceman (19-2-2).

Dark Horses - @QuicKnesS-02 @Angry_Dangler17 @jmligt @bstende @MAVERICKASASSIN …. @ryanwashere78

All of these guys have terrific and extremely consistent numbers as well. Fun fact: Maverik has 133 hits which is ridiculous if true with a +45.

The Aldege "Baz" Bastien Memorial Award - AHL Top Goalie

Probable Winner - @TheRealGrimlax

Again, clear favorite. Leads the league in wins with 30. He boasts a 83.3 Save% and 2.13 GAA and 5 SO. Really solid in a lot of games.

Dark Horses - @DoubleZERO33 @Undeadgamertag5 @quick_scope_14 @Xx-RASK-xX @moosapotamus33

Again, all great goalies. I think Doublezero (86.3 Save% 1.82 GAA, 4 SO) would have the best chance to defeat Grimlax however Grimlax has far more wins. Shoutouts to all the other goalies, all having great seasons. Quick_Scope with a ridiculous 9 Shutouts. Thats silly.

The Willie Marshall Award - AHL Leading Goal Scorer

Probable Winners - @Brentlymulligan (55 Goals) @MafiaMan15 (52 Goals)

Close race. Might have to resort to flipping coins again.

Dark Horse- @jmm420 (46 Goals)

Gonna need a lot of goals to catch up. Still 46 goals is a ridiculous number. Just under 2 a game.

The Louis A. R. Pieri Memorial Award - AHL Manager of the Year (GM and AGM’s) -

Probable Winners - @jmm420 , @WateryDolphin77

These two guys, and their AGM’s, have assembled, in my opinion, the two best teams all year, the Gulls and the Crunch. There is never an easy game against them. Out of all the “too close to call races” this is the most truly too close to call

Dark Horses - @Bobby_Goggles12 (Condors), @Sfic16 (Wild), @bNYCe83 (Wolves)

All great seasons. Hats off to you all.

The Les Cunningham Award - AHL MVP

I'm gonna be honest with you guys right now. MVP is easily the most subjective of all the awards above. Except for maybe rookie of the year. Anyway, what does MVP truly mean? Is it someone who has the most points? Is it the person who leads their team to the most victories? Is it the person who is truly irreplaceable? Honestly, there's no right answer and I’ve been debating in my head about it for hours. Okay not hours but still, it is not easy. In your replies after you tell me “Ryan, how could you be so wrong/Ryan you're a moron blah blah blah”, let me know who should get MVP. Ill post results and numbers later like on next monday if there's enough.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 5
    No Streaming Account
  2. KBI13I

KBI13I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580 / 78 / -164
    Omg you stole my idea!!! :(

Lmfao I'm just joking...

Good write up Ryan!!!

No Streaming Account
  3. Kjhjh_2444

Kjhjh_2444 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 1 / -4
    good write up sir, well done.

No Streaming Account
  4. Offroad

Offroad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 5 / -24
    Nice job Ryan, great read!

offroad6901
  5. SelkeSean

SelkeSean Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SelkeSean#4027
    Ratings:
    +1,103 / 41 / -70
    I will say I think @PoopinSince95 should be a dark horse for AHL rookie of the year/AHL MVP. Obviously I'm incredibly biased, and as you said you're gonna miss some people, but I'm just putting it out there because he deserves some props for the fantastic season he's had.

• Like Like x 1
    2wayhockey
  6. Krok-o-dill

Krok-o-dill Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Krok-o-dill#2321
    Ratings:
    +418 / 11 / -20
    Re: the MVP discussion.

I think he cant consider the MVP award anything like its real life counterpart. Hear me out on this and then i'd love to hear your opinions on the matter.

I think the MVP award needs to be based on both objective and subjective categories. Obviously everyone feels like someone should be MVP, but here are some guidelines to maybe base that on?

W/L Record
    Longevity with team
    Stats (G, a, plus minus)
    (And more subjectively)
    Impact on dressing room

longevity with team reasoning: Simply: the less you are traded the more value you have to the team you play on (common sense). I think that to be considered an MVP you should be with your team most of (preferrably all) year. This award should go to a player playing on a top club all year that has had a major impact on their record.

Impact on dressing room reasoning: After reading the forums alit of emphasis is put on team chemistry and party presence. Essentially this portion answers "is this player a leader in the dressing room?" Do they set up practice games? Welcome new players? Dont complain about playing top teams or different lineups? This is essentially how coachable or managable a player is. To be a top player and mvp you shouldnt be considered a tough person to play with in my opinion. This is where things really differ from the classic view of an MVP.

With all these above points considered by choice for MVP would go to two linemates on the San Diego Gulls: @j_marz25 & @DomSquad100. From my perspective these guys (and Entryy) have been the lifeblood on one of the top clubs in the AHL this season. I rarely see them chirping and i feel like they are all class players that any NHL team would be set with next year.

Honorable Mentions for me would be Entryy and KingBling. I really wanted to fit a Crunch in here because i feel they get shafted in alot of these rankings, but like the Wild they play a very solid team game and can mix and match players and still get Ws

Id love to hear some opinions on this! I love award talk.

krok0dill
  7. ryanwashere78

ryanwashere78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -3
    I completely agree with you. I should have put @PoopinSince95 in as a dark horse and he absolutely deserves props.

No Streaming Account
  8. Blackngold37

Blackngold37 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 120 / -199
    There's some albany players that would be in this discussion as well.

No Streaming Account
  9. AppleWizard47

AppleWizard47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +799 / 50 / -65
    No there are not

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Blackngold37

Ratings:
    +464 / 120 / -199
    Yes there are. Going off kroks ideas of mvp yes there is.

No Streaming Account
  11. AppleWizard47

Ratings:
    +799 / 50 / -65
    W/L record and statistics were on there... If you throw those two out, you are right. You have guys that could be in the running without those.

No Streaming Account
  12. Blackngold37

Ratings:
    +464 / 120 / -199
    Nah. disagree. inclusion of all the things he mentioned. he isn't talking about one thing. there are many

No Streaming Account
  13. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    @jmm420 has to win manager of the year I love @WateryDolphin77 (as he knows) but I refuse to believe Polska(ducks owner) didn't 100% control your bidding or at the very least 70-75% where as I'm pretty sure @jmm420 built his team.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Nybarisny
  14. Blackngold37

Ratings:
    +464 / 120 / -199
    I vote @BigFreeze064 gm of the year. has dealt with numerous things call ups etc and has changed the team around from a 500 team in first few weeks to where it is now. has done a fantastic job.

No Streaming Account
  15. AppleWizard47

Ratings:
    +799 / 50 / -65
    Now I know you were just trolling. I feel a little better knowing you were only kidding.

No Streaming Account
  16. Blackngold37

Ratings:
    +464 / 120 / -199
    He has done a great job. I think he'd be in the discussion. as well as checkers management @SKILLEDPYTHON

No Streaming Account
  17. MAVERICKASASSIN

MAVERICKASASSIN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -8
    How come everyone questions if my hits stats are legit lol am I that bad ?

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. j_marz25

j_marz25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 5 / -4
    Nice write up krok

j_marz26
  19. bigFREEZE 64

bigFREEZE 64 AHLer here!

Discord:
    BigFreeze064#1062
    Ratings:
    +484 / 44 / -54
    I love the Albany hate! Everyone can just keep on hating and doubting going into playoffs. They will be in for a big suprise!

No Streaming Account
  20. bigFREEZE 64

bigFREEZE 64 AHLer here!

Discord:
    BigFreeze064#1062
    Ratings:
    +484 / 44 / -54
    I shouldn't be in management of the year talks. My team was always good we were just under performing. Management of the year for me has to go to @jmm420 for having put together a team that's been great from start to finish, or @SKILLEDPYTHON for turning around their struggles at the start and being the hottest team down the second half of the season.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account