AHL Western Conference Final Week Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by Prince-Of-Zeus, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Prince-Of-Zeus

Prince-Of-Zeus Stanley Cup Champion

Discord:
    Zeus#3516
    Ratings:
    +330 / 8 / -18
    These are strictly my opinions and you may or may not agree with them. I will be debuting a "My Denzel" section (see link https://m.popkey.co/01abd3/YNV4G.gif for translation) for those who had an exceptional performance without much recognition.

:team518: San Diego Gulls (50-17-5) 1st in Western Conference and Pacific Division

The gulls had their worst week all season going 5-4... Seriously that's the worst they have done... WTF?! I heard this team had a meltdown from almost not going above .500 for the first time this season... Holy fuck man. Look, you guys get your dicks out of your hands and pick up the controller cause it's time for the real games this week. All the west teams are comin' on home and its an ol' fashion showdown here now.

Week Prediction: 0-10 Just because I want to see how they react when they get called out like this honestly. This team has already clinched a playoff spot. (serious prediction is like 8-0-2 losing to wolves and checkers in OT)

"My Denzel'z'" @DomSquad100 and @Badou06 12 points each for the pair of you, couldn't really find a difference other than one is a green smiley face and the other is fucking pink.

:team395:
    Chicago Wolves (49-18-4) 2nd in Western Conference; 1st in Central Division

I keep hearing how the Wild are comin' for the Wolves but uhhh... 9-1 in their last 10 says that aint gonna happen. The ONLY way these two teams will flip flop will be decided on Monday, at 10:30 EST when they go head to head for the final time of the year. I swear to all the gods that have ever been worshiped in the past and those ahead in the future. If this game isn't broadcasted the entire league will not be happy about this.

Week Prediction: 8-1-1 losing to the Checkers in regulation and the Wild in OT; cause I like to see blood boil; This team has already clinched a playoff spot

"My Denzel" goes to @itchycoochy cause he didn't lose a game this week despite only playing three games. They weren't the prettiest of wins, but this isn't a beauty pageant.

:team362:
    Iowa Wild (48-21-3) 3rd in Western Conference; 2nd in Central Division

Winning their last 8 has really propelled them into a higher tier of hockey at this point only losing to San Antonio but beating the Crunch and Devils on their East Coast trip. Plus Sfic and company look to turn this one around and make the final push to take 1st in the Central. Playing against Grand Rapid twice in one week should help them out kindly. Dodging out the Gulls in the process

Week Prediction: 10-0. This is a very serious statement. I think they can end the season on a 18 game win streak. Let's see if they make me a liar; This team has already clinched a playoff spot

"My Denzel" goes to @quick_scope_14 for filling the shoes of Rask after being called up to the NHL; As the starter winning 5 of his 6 starts.

:team515:
    Bakersfield Condors (47-22-3) 4th in Western Conference; 2nd in Pacific Division

This is another incredibly hot team after coming back from the east coast trip they had. This week though it's back in the west and a punch to the mouth right away against the Wolves. Losing to the Phantoms has me asking questions like "How far will this team fall?" Probably to the 3rd in the Pacific if I'm being honest here.

Week Prediction: 8-2-0 Losing to the Gulls and Wolves in regulation; Magic number to make playoffs = 2 wins

"My Denzel" goes to @OG_KJ going 3-0 on the week having a +6 but shutting down the Moose, T-birds and Bears

:team393:
    Charlotte Checkers (44-26-2) 5th in the Western Conference; 3rd in Central Division

Losing to teams they should be losing to and demolishing teams they should be doing that to is quiet expected at this point now that their roster has molded into the Checkers squad we see today. The Crunch are 1 and 2 in the East at this point so losing to them by 1 goal each is not that bad really. This next week tho will test them for sure. Having 7 games being playoff team or just on the cusp of a playoff team out of 10.

Week Prediction: 8-2-0 Losing to the Wild and Icehogs in the final game of the season; Magic number to make playoffs = 3 wins or 2 wins and an OT loss

"My Denzel" @SKILLEDPYTHON it takes a real strong person to start a season 0-9 and turn it around to where you are now. Good luck next week.

:team363:
    San Antonio Rampage (41-23-8) 6th in the Western Conference; 3rd in Pacific Division

Having a 6-3 week out East losing to 2 playoff teams is not a bad way to lead into the final week of the season really. Playing the Reign twice though can really shake these standings or solidify them to the seeding we see currently. Never sleep on a 4 point swing in this league. Look for them to split that mini-series or crush them.

Week Predictions: 6-3-1 Losing to the Gulls, Reign and Bakersfield in Regulation and the Checkers in OT; Magic number to clinch playoff spot = 5 games or 1 Texas Stars Loss

"My Denzel" goes to the line that shut down the wild this past week in a 4-1 win. Having an ECU goalie is never an easy task but you still walked away with the win. Gratz!

:team517:
    Ontario Reign (41-24-7) 7th in the Western Conference; 4th in Pacific Division

These guys hit a pretty big speed bump this week losing to 3 playoff teams. This squad is going to need to step it up in order for them to really pick the pace up heading into this final week all matches very serious as they can determine if they are in or out of the playoffs. They still very much control their own destiny so at least they have that going for them.

Week Prediction: 6-4-0 Losing to the Gulls, Wild, Rampage, and Condors they win the 2nd Rampage game. Magic number to clinch playoff spot = 6 wins or Texas loses 6 games

"My Denzel" goes to @moosapotamus33 going 4-2 on the week with 3 shutouts this week... "My Denzel"

:team307:
    Manitoba Moose (35-29-8) 8th in the Western Conference; 4th in Central Division

This team is by far at the greatest risk of being knocked out of the playoffs among all the teams. Being only 3 points ahead of Rockford Icehogs. Every single game for this team needs to be like game 7 for them. Each one can end the season in its own way. The worst part is that their week is back home in the west where they seem to thrive so maybe them coming home is exactly what they need.

Week Prediction: 6-4 Losing to the Reign, Checkers, Wolves and Wild all in regulation.

Magic number to clinch playoff spot get's it's own fucking section now ladies and gentlemen. IF for some ungodly reason the Moose repeat their last 10 and the Ice Hogs win just 5 games, they are done. So at this point they just need to not blow it. Just play hockey, go out and win games that are winnable. Your top line can play 4 games this week, so make sure they get 4 100% for sure wins for you!

the Final "My Denzel" of the night/morning cause I sleep while all you people wake up apparently goes to @doundansticky for putting up four points in the 4-2 win vs the Gulls

That's all everyone see you next week with a Round 1 prediction for the playoffs! GL to all teams mentioned and those still fighting to get on this list!

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    PrinceOfZeus
  2. Ryy0---

Ryy0--- I forget the buttons

Discord:
    ryy0_#0
    Ratings:
    +619 / 6 / -21
    Nice read. Lets go Wolves.

• Like Like x 1
    vRyy0v
  3. Prochx9

Prochx9 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dommy#7793
    Ratings:
    +360 / 29 / -62
    Gulls FTW

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  4. Bobby_Goggles12

Bobby_Goggles12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +632 / 34 / -14
    So you predict we are going to drop to 3rd in the Pacific but also predict the 2 teams behind us by 7 & 8 points will have worse weeks.

Outside of that, good read. easily the best write ups done for the ahl

• Like Like x 1
    X_BoB_SwAGG3R_X
  5. ShawnGlade

ShawnGlade Hi

Discord:
    shawnglade#0
    Ratings:
    +342 / 180 / -302
    "The ONLY way these two teams will flip flop will be decided on Monday, at 10:30 EST when they go head to head for the final time of the year. I swear to all the gods that have ever been worshiped in the past and those ahead in the future. If this game isn't broadcasted the entire league will not be happy about this."

I'm playing at that time so i can't watch :(

• Like Like x 1
    SGDragonSlayer
  6. Kingfromqueens78

Kingfromqueens78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 4 / -18
    Let's go wolves !

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Prince-Of-Zeus

Discord:
    Zeus#3516
    Ratings:
    +330 / 8 / -18
    It was late, I was tired, I'm sure my math was horrible lol, but I'm predicting upsets and stuff of that nature. But the Phantoms game really threw me for a loop. I thought you would have swept the floor with them, so I put you down to win most of the easier games like the cudas and griffens, but you never know! =D still <3 you Bobby

• Like Like x 1
    PrinceOfZeus
  8. Bobby_Goggles12

Bobby_Goggles12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +632 / 34 / -14
    Not making excuses, we had an ecu goalie that night and had an off game. Still should've won that one but didn't get it done. Will be an interesting week in the Pacific. Keep the writeups coming! <3

• Like Like x 3
    X_BoB_SwAGG3R_X
  9. Bizzibiz

Bizzibiz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +256 / 64 / -30
    Reign...ahh the Reign. When our boys at the main office dont f with line pairings (and guys actually show up), we're a pretty dominant...ish team. But there's that whole season long experimental thing we got goin lol. Nice read!

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  10. Prince-Of-Zeus

Discord:
    Zeus#3516
    Ratings:
    +330 / 8 / -18
    Will do!

PrinceOfZeus
  11. WateryDolphin77

WateryDolphin77 Well-Known Member