An AHL Management Tale

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by GimmixPwns, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Terrier4581

Terrier4581 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Terrier4581#3672
    Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0
    I've been a part of this league since the merger, and have played every season of VHL since 2011. I have had many many managers, and these are some of the nicest and most professional guys I have worked with. They have done such a good job that I didn't even know about the turmoil the team went through before I arrived, which could only have been achieved through hard work and dedication.

To the league staff, please don't send a message that every small technicality, no matter how insignificant, will be met with onerous punishment and inconvenience to all the players. The only time I ever remember something like this happening was a year ago when someone from management was using two accounts, but of course, that was intentional cheating. If you are this unreasonable, your problems attracting good owners and managers will only intensify.

To the management of teams we defeated, please think about the consequences of demanding a replay for the health of the league, for the convenience of yours and our players, and of what message that sends to your players.

Our management has put together a solid, competitive team that gets along with each other. Taking drastic action would threaten what they have built and hurt the team's morale. Think about the long view guys.

• Like Like x 1
    Terrier4581
  2. Skizzostone

Skizzostone Well-Known Member

Discord:
    skizzostone#0
    Ratings:
    +713 / 82 / -51
    I like you guys over in San Diego. Came into a rough situation and made the best if it (although you already had a wicked team built you didnt let it fall apart and thats an achievement) But as Tiddus wrote previously there have been incidents such as these before and their games were overturned and turned into ff's. My most recent memory is last season when Sizzle and wagner ran the marlies and were tearing up the league and then had a full week of games overturned into losses. They managed to over come it and take OKC to 7 games in the semis even with the ruling and they took it as motivation. Anyways thats my 2 cents, I just dont want to see anyone quit or get banned but hey, if there was no rules in place then this league wouldnt be what it is.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  3. Terrier4581

Terrier4581 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Terrier4581#3672
    Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0
    Rules are important, and it is also important to stick to them, which is why if a rule is broken that would (or even might) give a team a competitive advantage, then you have to enforce it strictly. If there was a rule violation, for example, and you don't know whether there was or wasn't an advantage, or whether it was or wasn't intentional, you have to enforce it strictly because there is a chance of an advantage.

But in this case, unless I'm missing something, it is a true technicality that would not have changed anything about the players who played those games. Thus, there is no question that the games were fairly decided. Right?

If there is precdent for replays to be ordered for two weeks or longer in a situation where no advantage could have even theoretically been gained, please enlighten me. Otherwise, this is just punishing management for being new at this, and punishing a team that did nothing unfair.

Terrier4581
  4. NicoH58

NicoH58 NicoH58

Ratings:
    +1,249 / 38 / -43
    Mashle made a mistake misrepresenting the information I provided him, that was wrong to lie, not my intention or how k would have handled it. I accepted the fact it's my fault for not saying in a message for another 5 because Philly had Xbox problems.

I just questioned your motive to take a forfeit in a internet hockey league, fishy as hell considering your a fringe playoff team playing against what was a 13 consective game winner. We play in this league to play, not to wait to steal a game and everyone's time who actually wanted to play.

At the end of the day it's over you left for whatever reason you did, my team is still doing well but don't call us morons when I can expect 28 other management teams to actually wait to play the game and sympathize with Xbox live/connection issues.

What you did was legal, but it didn't make it right, that's all I have to say about it, best of luck to whatever you're up too.

Also Dagger bury the hatchet nothing we can do about it.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Luna0995
  5. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    [​IMG]

No Streaming Account
  6. GimmixPwns

GimmixPwns Well-Known Member

Discord:
    GimmixPwns#7684
    Ratings:
    +128 / 9 / -10
    Certainly no false evidence here not sure what you mean. We are taking it on the chin and doing with it what we can. A lot of supportive GMs which is nice, certainly would love to return the favour one day!

gimmix8
  7. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 325 / -613
    Although we had an argument based on a trade, I do realize how much effort you have put towards your team. You and @Nickoloi have both done an amazing job and it blows that this is the course of action the league is taking.

If any GM calls for a replay of the game, they're scumbags. Plain and simple.

• Like Like x 1
    DaYoungBuck
  8. Boz E Coyote

Boz E Coyote The Worst

Discord:
    bozzzzzz#0
    Ratings:
    +2,294 / 33 / -46
    Careful, they have 2 games with @Coach Crass I think I know how those are gonna go...

• Like Like x 2
  9. im just a squid

im just a squid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +685 / 25 / -27

He actually asked to play the games already

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Coach Crass

Coach Crass Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +2,375 / 389 / -316
    What a fucking scumbag he is! How dare he!

• Like Like x 4
    CoachCrass
  11. Westy x88x

Westy x88x Left Defense

Ratings:
    +298 / 5 / -24
    Lake Erie believes the games were played fair so no protest here :)

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  12. kennydubz

kennydubz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 5 / -10
    of course you want to rematch you butt plug crass

KennyDubz
  13. Coach Crass

Ratings:
    +2,375 / 389 / -316
    How fucking dare he! How could he possibly enjoy playing the game again! What a piece of shit.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    CoachCrass
  14. kennydubz

kennydubz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 5 / -10
    guess we will have to bend you over again

• Like Like x 3
    KennyDubz
  15. Coach Crass

Ratings:
    +2,375 / 389 / -316
    Don't cry when you don't.

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    CoachCrass
  16. Daggermouth6911

Daggermouth6911 S39 Atlanta Glads Krauwm fanboy

Discord:
    Daggermouth6911#9276
    Ratings:
    +118 / 16 / -7
    sweet, there is probably a reason he's not.

No Streaming Account
  17. Bokasmo77

Bokasmo77 Team USA S7 - Gold Medal | RD #10 Dean Youngblood

Ratings:
    +333 / 2 / -0
    If it is as you say, a technicality as stated, then I do hope the other Mgm't recognizes this & stands together w their fellow mgm't and decide to let the game stand.

I see some GMs have already done this. I hope the rest see this & decide to show solidarity.

Give the guys a break!

Crass...I better not find out you're actually gonna go thru with a 'reschedule'. Jeez man.

No Streaming Account
  18. Daggermouth6911

Daggermouth6911 S39 Atlanta Glads Krauwm fanboy

Discord:
    Daggermouth6911#9276
    Ratings:
    +118 / 16 / -7

Ohh come on Darth. The rule you put into question didn't even have any reason on our guys being late for game time. You cried and complained until you got your win so congrats. Can't win on the ice you mine as well do your best to scrape from the forfeit log. My team's management has nothing to do with what I said. My management said nothing bad about you. We all saw what you were posting in the chat box you scrub. Unlike you we wait and understand people have connection problems. The servers are shit yet you decided to throw the forfeit at us knowing you were about to be destroyed anyway. Knowing and understanding that people have connection issues with these servers are what's wrong with this league? No what's wrong with this league is people that take a forfeit win instead of playing the game then quoting rules that don't apply to the situation. Next time you want to say something say it to me plug and don't bring my management into the fold. They didn't say anything i did, but that just goes to show how classy you are. Read up on the rule book bud. Way to bail out of being a GM after putting your team together. Way to help show what it takes to be a prime example on who not to be in this league. Next time we will show you the light Darth.... If there is a next time.

No Streaming Account
  19. iTzMagic13

iTzMagic13 Raps in 6ix

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -3
    Trade for me?

No Streaming Account
  20. Boz E Coyote

Boz E Coyote The Worst

Discord:
    bozzzzzz#0
    Ratings: