Announcing the LG Graphics & Design Team

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Tris10, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Hello All,

We are launching a new program to help pool together community resources for common LG Projects, Applications and request. This is the LG Graphics & Design Team (LGGDT). The concept is simple, anytime we need graphics, artwork or even future artists and animators , members of this team would pool together to work on these projects, learn new skills and together give back their skills and effort to the community.

To apply for this team we are looking for people who have skills in (any of)
    • Graphic Design
    • Web Site/Mobile app graphics and design
    • Any type of art or artwork
    • 3d modeling , rendering or animation
    • Textures and other modals.

These projects could range anywhere from development in our mobile app, our upcoming Xbox One Application to perhaps a future game.

What LGGDT members will get out of the program
    All members are entitled to the LGGDT usergroup which will allow them to have a special username colour on the site (colour to be picked), Pm box's will also be tripled as well as access to our Private LGGDT forum and dropbox. Also the main goal is for LGGDT's members to expand their skill set and learn new skills. This is what I personally do with LG and learn new programming languages and applications. For this, LGGDT members can put Leaguegaming down for their resume and work experience as well as me down for a personal reference.

To Apply
    To apply, simply post in this thread with which skills you have (from the list above) and please provide links to any samples of your work!

We appreciate everyone's interest in LG and our community and by pooling together our strengths and talents, we can achieve amazing goals.

• Like Like x 21
  2. Jack Bauer tuna

Jack Bauer tuna Hall of Famer

Discord:
    JBT123#4279
    Ratings:
    +1,258 / 66 / -177
    I would like to be The very first LGGDT Apprentice. I'll help out with everything. This is real request.

jackbauertuna_
  3. l HowieDoo l

l HowieDoo l Pylon here!!

Ratings:
    +1,461 / 57 / -75
    [MENTION=8436]BadMoonMike[/MENTION] don't know if he would be interested in this but I know he is brilliant with design and webpage type stuff.

• Like Like x 1
    HowieDoo
  4. Funsley

Funsley Inventor of the Yo-Yo and copyrights holder

Ratings:
    +951 / 64 / -94
    i can do it... Proof? uh, AHL insider?

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  5. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Welcome aboard! You should see the LGGDT forum on the home page

6. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    If you are serious about broadening your skill set and trying to contribute towards projects, then I would approve your request.

• Like Like x 2
  7. NASTYY NATEE

NASTYY NATEE Da' Polish Bikerider

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I do have a graphic design minor with my design degree. Work for a company that uses 3d rendering if you need help with anything I could help.

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  8. StamToast

StamToast Simple Rick

Discord:
    stamtoast#0
    Ratings:
    +1,035 / 9 / -13
    Graphic Design Major, can use Photoshop, illustrator, in-design, etc..

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  9. Not Darthy

Not Darthy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    darthy7741#0
    Ratings:
    +160 / 10 / -18
    • Like Like x 3
    TheOnlyDarth
  10. IceHawkz3

IceHawkz3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I would definitely be interested in doing something like this. I have a bit of programming knowledge, mainly Java and HTML and am also familiar with Blender for 3D modeling/rendering.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  11. Mabus Incarnate

Mabus Incarnate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 7 / -13
    I have a bachelors in computer graphic design and desktop publishing, 12 years experience with Adobe Photoshop and some dated experience with Adobe Illustrator (although I do not currently own Illustrator). I do a lot of banner work and forum design freelance right now, I did some work for Powdah P with his CHL videos last season, creating a couple of splash pages that he used. I currently do the GDT (Gameday Thread) for a large Detroit Red Wings fan community, uploading graphics and game information for 30-40 games per season. Below are links to some of the stuff I did, including some NHL banners for a GM Connected league I was in and some other various stuff. I'd like to help out where I can.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518656

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7395/13285282813_aec4afee76_o.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5536/11884147053_5e47f8e331_o.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    No Streaming Account
  12. Tyy

Tyy McDonalds Frying Pan

Ratings:
    +1,528 / 6 / -15
    Currently in computer science program (2nd year). I don't know as much as most people yet and I'm still learning, but this is something I'd be interested in to get some extra experience. Busy with work, school and hockey atm but once I get a break coming up I plan to finish building an app. I've been very interested in app development for quite some time but I have to teach myself through online classes and what not. I would really like to be a part of this for the learning experience and hope to contribute as well.

As of right now, I know java, javascript and html. The basics but I've been focusing on networking for the most part so I have had to teach myself most of the programming language.

13. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    @NASTYY NATE, [MENTION=8457]StamToast[/MENTION], [MENTION=11269]DarthinvadeHerx[/MENTION], [MENTION=12749]IceHawkz3[/MENTION], [MENTION=8012]Mabus Incarnate[/MENTION]

Welcome Aboard, refresh the front page and you should see the private forum

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fr33kOnTheStix

Fr33kOnTheStix borkborkbork

Ratings:
    +726 / 8 / -21
    I'm in my 2nd year for CS as well, know a good amount of HTML & etc, learning java at the moment. Would be willing to learn and help out in any way. Also, loads of free time so if someone wants to teach me shit, I'll learn it no issue.

I also have basic CS6 experience in photoshop. Banners mainly, but I know my way around

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
    No Streaming Account
  15. xKingCynical

xKingCynical Well-known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 25 / -10
    I would be interested as I'm taking classes for Graphic Design and website design at my high school and i hope for this too further my knowledge in graphic design. Maybe i might even gain more unique talents that are on the above list. As far as proof goes:

http://www.virtualhockeynetwork.net (i did their latest design but we found someone to do it since i have to focus on more of the issues and stuff)

http://www.hopewell.k12.pa.us/Default.aspx (This is my schools website that they asked my class to design we had a contest and i ended up winning)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
    DxG_Cynical
  16. honesrule

honesrule What's an RT?

Discord:
    honesrule#0
    Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -18
    Ill help where I can. I can do basic photoshop editing and work with creating backgrounds. I also did all off the logo and awards work for LA before it went to hell. Brodie knows what I can do. Here is a link to all of my work.

http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k487/honesrule/

honesrule
  17. TH3 WID0WMAK3R

TH3 WID0WMAK3R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +505 / 20 / -14
    i dont really know how to do any of whats listed. i like to learn new things, so if you are willing to teach sign me up.

No Streaming Account
  18. IXI Ein IXI

IXI Ein IXI LGRL Commissioner

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4
    I would be interested in anything but website/game coding I just dont get coding at all but can do all the others. I was already tinkering with the idea of a hockey game so I already have some hockey related models that I use for graphic and video production for my local hockey team I work for.

LGRL_Official
  19. WoollyDanimal12

WoollyDanimal12 Super Dragon

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    This is pretty cool. I wish I had some of these desired skills :-?

No Streaming Account
  20. TheMainEvent

TheMainEvent Well-Known Member

Discord:
    TME#9375
    Ratings:
    +2,131 / 16 / -16
    I've worked with you on a few separate things in the past, so you know that I would be interested. I have my degree in Media Design, and I currently work full-time as a Graphic Designer & Art Director with tons of freelance experience as well ( @F5 Penguin can be my reference). Really anything design related I will be able to give professional input, I know HTML/CSS but with minimal JavaScript so development I would be pretty useless towards but I have designed wireframes for kiosks and other UI projects.

Overall, I'm strong in most areas that you're asking for so I'd love to work with you guys. Would also love to use this opportunity to gain programming skills.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
    MainEvennt