APF 2k8...football is back

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming G-League (LGGL)' started by WilloMan, Apr 26, 2007.

1. murph17

murph17 Puff, Puff, Pass, Score!

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    murph17
  2. swiper19

swiper19 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    is that for the PS One?

I don't know what to say.....

No Streaming Account
  3. slow elk

slow elk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    nah...Nintendo 64. Gameplay better be sweet.

No Streaming Account
  4. PAPERNUT

PAPERNUT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Things just got a little more interesting:

• LEGENDS - Over 240 NFL legends make their return to the gridiron, including Hall of Famers such as Johnny Unitas, **** Butkus, Joe Montana, Mike Singletary, Reggie White and Walter Payton.
    • SIGNATURE STYLE - Legends have their own signature moves in the game - Barry's spin, Walter's scissors kick, Jerry's one-handed grabÑthey're all there.
    • 2K SPORTS LEGACY - For the first time ever 2K Sports, the developers of top selling football games, will bring their critically acclaimed gameplay & graphics to the next generation platforms.
    • ALL-NEW PLAYER ATTRIBUTE SYSTEM - Gone are the 0-100 ratings so common for players in a simulation game. In APF the players have unique attributes that give them specialized skills. There are over a hundred distinct attributes available.
    • REACH TACKLE SYSTEM - Revolutionary new tackling scheme utilizes the right analog stick to allow you to make those last grasp tackles and stop a runner in his tracks.
    • INCREDIBLE CUSTOMIZATION - Build your roster, edit your team logo, uniforms, and choose your own celebrations after touchdowns, sacks and big plays.
    • CREATE-A-PLAYER - Build any player from the ground up including equipment, uniform and all of his physical attributes.
    • ADVANCED PLAY CALLING - Modify your playbook, set your coach tendencies, and have the coach call in the plays over a headset.
    • 2K SPORTS ONLINE - Full league and tournament support, league and schedule customization options.
    • 2K BROADCAST STYLE - New presentation style will combine TV broadcast with on field commentary bringing you closer to the action.
    • 2K Broadcasting – A new style combining TV broadcast with on-field commentary to put you closer to the action than ever before.
    • 2K BEATS – The All-Pro Football Soundtrack features originals, remixes and mashups produced by Z-Trip and featuring: Rakim, Dead Prez, Charli 2na, Slug, Aceyalone, Casual, Pep Love, Lateef, Gift of Gab, Keno 1, DJ Faust, Chevelle, Clutch, Dub Trio, Natural Self, Backyard Bangers, Deftones and Rush.

No Streaming Account
  5. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Fiddy14#6440
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    lmao at D*ck Butkus's name being filtered out..

No Streaming Account
  6. swiper19

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    but will it work?

No Streaming Account
  7. PAPERNUT

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Better than EA's no show even though it has been asked for, for years now.

No Streaming Account
  8. BxGngsta

BxGngsta Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ouch! I'll still be playing Madden 08

No Streaming Account
  9. PAPERNUT

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Looks a little better, just need to set the game in motion and then we will know what it is all about.

No Streaming Account
  10. Fiddy14

Discord:
    Fiddy14#6440
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i'd rather have ea's no show then a feature that works 10% of the time..

there is not enough demand for online leagues.. we are lucky 2k gives it to us but the fact is, the demand is just not there.. i would love to see all the leagues created on 2k networks.. i bet only a small % actually finish...

No Streaming Account
  11. PAPERNUT

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This may be the push EA needs to make something new happen though. Some are getting tired of the same stuff every year with updated rosters. One new addition is not enough, especially if they cannot even add what was in the last gen games.

No Streaming Account
  12. Fiddy14

Discord:
    Fiddy14#6440
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    they already stated that online leagues are not in demand, so they will not support them.. they said that last year sometime.. madden tried the online league stuff with 05 (i think) it failed right out of the box.. ea tried to fix it up, but then shut it down within 2 months from what i can recall..

No Streaming Account
  13. swiper19

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    EA is not interested in leagues online , the interest really isnt there ( outside of LG )

take a look around 2ks website ( if it"s not down ) and look at all the abondoned half played leagues , half full waiting to start... minimal completion rates and of course the constant network errors & drops at the most frustrating times....

The EA Madden league here is as strong as ever and I cannot think of one network drop or disconnect , the stats are always accurate ( manually input ) and I would rather see EA focus on making the game better and not worrying about online leagues.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
    No Streaming Account
  14. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Man, Jerry looks like a Meth addict in that screenshot. Elway doesn't look much better. "Mr. Stabler, can you give us directions to buy some meth in downtown Oakland? I have a friend with me for street cred".

No Streaming Account
  15. PAPERNUT

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not arguing any of that, but choice is good and something new is very good as well, but EA knows some people will buy the same crap year after year. I will not be that person this year unless I see dramatic results. I just want to play the best game of football I can play and I have not seen that lately. If anything the whole 2K thing might help and bring something new to the table. It cannot hurt!

No Streaming Account
  16. swiper19

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    exclusive licenses cripple innovation and progress, choice is welcome for sure for the Madden haters. I am staying away from this due to the fact that I have been burned by 2k for the last time. The main draw for me is the online component , and when that fails then ( IMO ) the game & Company failed.

No Streaming Account
  17. Phantom818

Phantom818 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    2k's graphics have always been a little less than what EA has offered...correct? Especially this year. College Hoops 2k7 was graphically defeated by madness (although I bought 2k7 because it came out much earlier and the gameplay was pretty nice) and NBA Street Homecourt. EA knows what they're doing and consistently delivers nice graphics.

No Streaming Account
  18. great machine

great machine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    They all look confused.

No Streaming Account
  19. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Eh 2k is making a good effort it seems but I dont think it will be enough.

I also disagree with the its the same game every year with updated rosters comment. You must not have played the maddens very much. The only poor game was the initial 360 version, it was horrible. Madden on 360 was quite fun on 07 with just a few flaws gameplay wise. Though more robust features were sorely missed. Madden 07 on 360 played much different than past maddens, I know bc I play it year round and quite often every year.

I would like for them to make online leagues and I do think there is interest. The problem with EA online leagues a few years back wasnt lack of interest, but lack quality design. The online league feature was abysmal with almost no commish controls. If a game wasnt played in its weekly time, it was an auto tie. so someone would miss a game, then get disinterested and stop playing, a couple guys doing that makes for a dead league. Commishes also had limited admin league kick abilities if I remember correctly. A functioning online dynasty style that uses nearly the same interface as the single player that was all stored on the server would be ideal. Who knows if it will ever come to happen...

No Streaming Account
  20. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd rather have subpar graphics and half working leagues with full controls then one with stale graphics, "new engine", and the same game since the genesis days.

Choice is the best reason why this CAN be a success for those looking for anything outside the No Fun League or just a good football game. The NFL & MLB hurt their customers by doing this. The NHL almost did the same thing until the owners stepped in.

Horrible cover or not the gameplay will be what attracts many to the 2k series. If they only took the 2k5 engine fixed up the DB and some other minor nuances then i'm happy with that. The other football game has been doing it for years and no one has had a problem with it. July is just around the corner for me and i can't wait.

No Streaming Account