League News April 19 GameChanger’s Event

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by LG-McDonald, Apr 22, 2019.

1. PROfesser waLsh

PROfesser waLsh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 6 / -12
    lots of good ideas here.
    I agree with better menu's/shortcuts. Club practice with some sort of scenario options
    Tune down bumping and incidental contact
    Fix the force field that is around the crease that makes you wiff on shots.
    Pass interceptions should be a button that is timing based, same goes with tips. It would be nice to have the option to tip pucks into the zone if someone shoots it up the boards of the neutral zone.

Basically give us more direct control over tips , interceptions, etc. It's so annoying that I just have to try to stand in the correct spot and hope I get an automated tip or intercept.
    P.s The idea of the dressing rooms actually being a rink sounds pretty dope. Skate around shoot pucks, search for games right from the rink.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Eamonn

Eamonn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    eamonn#0602
    Ratings:
    +1,093 / 17 / -68
    Increase EASHL build attributes by 5-10 across the board.

eamonnjcf
  3. BESTCASE

BESTCASE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 7 / -10
    Online GM!!!!

BEST_CASE
  4. BaskutKayz

BaskutKayz Overpaid CHL Dman

Discord:
    BaskutKayz#5870
    Ratings:
    +223 / 31 / -20
    Ones mode but where you can invite your friends instead of always matching with two randoms.

Team practice mode like we had back in like 13.

What was the point of unlocking all these different jerseys and jackets and hoodies and shit if the only way to ever see them is if you play drop in 3s?

I want to play as Gritty in drop in. Unlock mascots outfits as a clothing option.

baskutkayz
  5. Murbayn

Murbayn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 8 / -5
    Try to not make me change my favorite color to blue.

Honestly though this is little: play more then 3 songs that are on your soundtrack in the actual game. Why list songs if we don't hear them?

Oh, and don't make drop ins use the same teams and same rink as this year.

Murbayn
  6. FRANK LD 69

FRANK LD 69 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    trouba_train#0
    Ratings:
    +3,138 / 76 / -140
    Wouldn’t it be ideal to ask people who are good at the game to go to these events?

gethesehands69
  7. canuckftc12W

canuckftc12W Well-Known Member

Discord:
    canuckftc12W#5025
    Ratings:
    +605 / 29 / -68
    - Bring back something like the old OTP lobbies so that newer players can actually find people to make clubs with (I'm sure most people here started playing EASHL through OTP) Right now without LG or other leagues EASHL would be totally dead because there's limited options in game to actually interact and find people to play with (adding back player cards and stuff like that could help too)

- We need a reason to play, having a system that allows people to meet eachother easily is a good first step, but its pointless if the game mode sucks and there's no reason to play to begin with. I don't have any super creative ideas right now with how to do this, but switching back to the grind system where you had to play to level up your player, or getting rewarded for certain milestones/winning club games/end of month tournaments that give you rewards (I know they have some stuff like this in some capacity right now but its very bare). EASHL just has no incentive to play, I see lots of people now talking about how good 17 was, and even though its one of the better current gen NHL's it wasn't really that great imo, people enjoyed it because lots of Xbox guys came over and we had tournys and etc running which gave people a reason to want to play and get better, obviously you have to have a good game, but for a lot of people there's an enjoyment in grinding and having a reason to play and get better.

- I see a lot of people talking about how the game is slow, though this is pretty much true for every other current gen NHL, I don't actually think 19 is slow. The problem is this game is built for HUT, if you've ever played HUT the game isn't slow at all, in EASHL we're using the equivalent of AHL players/4th line NHL'ers, either build a tuner separate for 6s or bump the ratings for eashl builds so that they're at least at VS level (mid 80s). I also think them removing the 45 degree cuts makes the game feel slower in some way, I think adding this back into the game while still keeping the L2 would be good for both game speed and individual creativity/skill

- Probably my biggest issue with gameplay itself is the rebound control. For whatever reason in this game you can take the most useless slow shot and it'll produce a huge rebound, in real life these are easy covers for goalies. Rebounds are a part of hockey and they should be in the game, but they need to tune it so that the angle you're shooting it from, what part of the goalie it hits, the power of the shot, etc.. play a bigger role in actually affecting the rebounds. Right now its just very random.

- Goalie animations are bad, I don't play goalie so I can't really comment on specific animations and such, but I see so many instances where someone takes a really bad shot and the goalie will do a really dumb animation or wont react and the puck will find its way in, they really need to revamp this

- Tips need to both be nerfed AND be a manual action, it's just a crapshoot the way the tips are (combine that with the bad goalie animations, bounces, rebounds and you see why 6s is so bad right now)

- For PS4 make bumps slightly more effective (tbh I wouldn't mind if it stayed how it is but a slight bump to the effectiveness would be just right). For Xbox make bumps not be as OP as they are right now, tune down incidental contact x100

Thats all the main things I could think of right now, I probably forgot some stuff, but I'm sure others will bring it up

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Itsnucktime
  8. Halfy

Halfy Internet Virgin

Discord:
    Halfy#1065
    Ratings:
    +549 / 57 / -53
    Online Franchise

No Streaming Account
  9. zRobb-_-

zRobb-_- The Wayne Gretzky of sexual stuff

Ratings:
    +448 / 35 / -101
    PRESS 5 FOR GM CONNECTED

robshere
  10. P GUIN91

P GUIN91 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +149 / 15 / -30
    Do me next

No Streaming Account
  11. Breaky

Breaky Glue guy

Discord:
    Breaky#7169
    Ratings:
    +1,003 / 81 / -128
    Higher overall players.
    Nerf LT and make other dekes more effective.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  12. P GUIN91

P GUIN91 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +149 / 15 / -30
    Mo GM Connected, less watermelon.

No Streaming Account
  13. VeNOM3O99

VeNOM3O99 Ultra Instinct (Sign) Goalie

Ratings:
    +333 / 29 / -32
    EA Makes an NHL game? When did this happen? Well, since you're going to Vancouver, how about asking them to ACTUALLY make an NHL game?

Who knows, might be novel and people will buy it and play it. Cuz this garbage they release each year keeps getting abandoned by the "community" after 30 days. Maybe stop listening to the "chel bruh's" with Twitch Channels and start listening to people who actually play and know about real hockey. Their game will be 1 000 000 % better for it.

Just my 2 pesos...

• Winner Winner x 1
    VeNOM3099
  14. cup4blues

cup4blues cup4blues#5216

Discord:
    cup4blues#5216
    Ratings:
    +101 / 10 / -6
    What the hell is the purpose of the first gamechanger event being in April? Nothing discussed here will see the light of day in NHL 20. To change the game the gamechangers need to be sitting in the meeting in September when they're planning the next game, not that sitting in the meeting will get anything past the corporate suits looking for "back of the box features" rather than fixing key gameplay components. Completely pointless event.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    cup4bluesNHL
  15. Bassani 097

Bassani 097 This place is a joke.

Discord:
    Bassani 097#6008
    Ratings:
    +217 / 47 / -52
    Like someone else said, what's the point? It's pretty shameful that this game literally gets worse every year.

Goalie animations are horrid. Pokes are a joke as you get a penalty 90% of the time. RNG rewards need to die the horrible death that they deserve. Puck pickups are still shit. No customization for goalie helmets. Player builds need to return to the hands of the players where we have full control of our builds, not this shit that we've been seeing the last few years. Hits over the boards & into the benches were removed why? The hits through the glass every once in a while were fun. The days of '12 were so much better than this pile of shit game we have today. Don't care what anyone has to say about it either, the game gets worse every year & we keep getting good things removed & shit things added in. Honestly, I'm sick of this shit franchise & their incompetence to make a working game.

No Streaming Account
  16. Yrakcaz

Yrakcaz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -1
    The ability to completely customize your goalie Helmet and pads.

yrakca2
  17. JeFfBdR31

JeFfBdR31 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jeffbdr31#0
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    fix goalie animations, no more looking like the goalie pulls his groin to make a save or broken 5 hole wraps or weird animations an actual goalie wouldn't make, they were able to model their skating and hitting after 2 NHL players, why can't they do the same for the goalie?

JeFfBdR31
  18. JOBO-COP81

JOBO-COP81 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Pass from the knees when tripped

No Streaming Account
  19. xJLucas

xJLucas Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xjlucas#0
    Ratings:
    +272 / 12 / -19
    Fix the incidental puck contact physics. It’s a mess. Goals aren’t rewarding in 19, too many bs collisions for loose puck luck bounces

And fix skating and pickups, skating slow or backwards shouldn’t make you a puck protection god

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. ka2good

ka2good Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 3 / -6
    how so ? I Said bumps need to not happen, and there needs to be breakaway speed. how is that making defense easier. stick checking is part of hockey, I watch hockey all the time and the way defenders defend is by using their sticks and using body positioning. if your shoulder to shoulder with a puck carrier that slows a carrier down. balance isn't as good, speed isn't as fast, puck handling isn't as good when you are pressured physically. in the same aspect Trevor I said that without the puck breakaway speed should happen and those bumps from behind need to go away

No Streaming Account