Are there any negatives to a 10 man roster right now?

Discussion in 'E-Sports Hockey League' started by FiGS42, Apr 9, 2014.

1. BLicK12

BLicK12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    Thank you for proving my point. Significance is a matter of personal perspective. The host issue is insignificant for you personally because you are on a team that is near the top of the standings. We heard you bitch about lagging all season long in LG, so I know that is the case.

And I'm not looking for loopholes, I made a point about adding rules after a fixed agreement and why it is unacceptable.

And I will continue to enjoy "getting pounded", as I've said for the most part it has been well-run and very enjoyable.

BLicK1252
  2. Greb

Greb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +770 / 62 / -55
    Hey fuck you

NHLGrebby14
  3. ReplayChr1s

ReplayChr1s Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +784 / 12 / -37
    We've played 16 home 12 away, your argument is invalid. I complained about lag from lobbies in general, it didn't matter who hosted. Club is completely different. Talking about personal matter effecting sides, you bitched about the rule to have the player message to be removed (hi lt. Jim), and you complain about host (bottom of standings). Honestly I would love to expand to 10 because we had to tell some great players that wanted to play with us that we were full, but it wouldn't be right. You are the one with the bias views.

No Streaming Account
  4. Raynor

Raynor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,492 / 10 / -12
    What is more fair than earning the right to host?
    if that very fair and practical method doesn't make sense to you, what would you suggest ?

No Streaming Account
  5. BLicK12

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    Randomizing host, equal opportunity.

There is no limit on games played per week that alone will skew the standings In favor of more active teams. Do teams that don't play as much deserve the short end of the stick every single time?

BLicK1252
  6. BLicK12

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    if I was on team that played 5 games a night I would stil support an easier method to remove inactive players on non active teams, it does no one any good in the tournament, it isn't like I'm supporting something that solely benefits my team in this respect. Everyone losses with less active teams the idea after all is to play games and have fun, right?

The host issue I've made a case about since day one when it was apparent. The fact we had to play 3 games off host the first night we even played should tell you something isn't right.

Then we have this thread which given the amount of interest from outside players seems like a logical addition if all owners were on board. But at least this part was clearly identified from the start and we knew what we were getting.

BLicK1252
  7. ReplayChr1s

ReplayChr1s Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +784 / 12 / -37
    Listen how silly you sound. All the person has to do is send a message saying they don't want to play anymore. That is it. Just let that soak in for a minute. Sure if the persons disappears like in your case it sucks, but nuge came up with a way to work through that so teams aren't completely handicapped. Yet this still isn't enough for you to stop complaining about this particular issue like you have to jump through hoops to get someone removed. Maybe next time choose more carefully who is on your team and don't pay for them if they can't be trusted. It's not everyone else's fault that your own player fucked you over.

No Streaming Account
  8. BLicK12

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    That's the only thing you took from my post? Nuge has taken a more proactive approach to removing inactive players which is great, I haven't once complained about his new methodology for weeding out inactives but before his hard stance of they have to message me was senseless, and that is what I argued with the other night. Yes, we made a mistake in selecting an individual for our roster but because of a deadline we had to throw together 8 as fast as we could, shit happens. I don't see where I've blamed everyone else at all, I've argued that the protocol for removing players was ridiculous and it was. I'm sorry I want to have an active team that can contribute and challenge other teams, god forbid we have more active ones.

BLicK1252
  9. Raynor

Raynor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,492 / 10 / -12
    Yeah they do deserve the short end of the stick.
    Don't sign up for a tournament if you don't have the intention of playing a good amount of games.
    Everyone one has equal opportunity when it comes to hosting, play your games and win them.
    I don't have any problems with you btw, it just seems like you argue over everything.. even when Kody was talking about CanAm, it seems you always have a problem with something.

No Streaming Account
  10. BLicK12

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    I fully intend to play a good amount of games but the fact is it has been logistically hard to do so thus far for my team and a few others obviously. I don't see any reason that teams that play a lot should get rewarded further especially when simply Randomizing the host negates this dispute entirely.

I wouldn't say I always have a problem with things, But I would say I'm vocal if I disagree with something. If that rubs you or others the wrong way, I'm sorry, but it really isn't anything personal. I don't hold any ill will to Kody, Nuge or anyone I don't see eye to eye with but if I encounter something I don't agree with I'm willing to address it even if it is an unpopular idea.

anyway, this thread seems to have run it's course I just hope we take a much more democratic approach to this tournament moving forward.

BLicK1252