Backstory to this season's Stanley Cup final.

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by nickyP1999, May 11, 2019.

1. nickyP1999

nickyP1999 I'm not superstitious but I am a little stitious.

Discord:
    NickyP#1999
    Ratings:
    +533 / 38 / -64
    This is going to be an overview of the Stanley cup finals and not your typical comparison of x line is this, and that, I'll let someone else handle that, this will be my take, and perspective on this season's Stanley cup final. I'll be providing some backstory to give others some context about the matchup that Polska and Counter had last season. This will include a paragraph about my experience on the Calgary Flames last season, and New York Islanders this season. Some insight as to how I was cursed during the playoffs, and some other things as well. The paragraph below will give you an idea as to what paragraphs talk about what so if there is something you don't care about you can simply just skip over it.

As I realize some of you won't care for everything I wrote ill just give a quick idea on what each paragraph is going to look like. Paragraph one is going to be focused mainly on me, paragraph two is a comparison, paragraph three is about the locker rooms. The final paragraph labelled recap just covers the most important things covered. Id recommend reading that if you just want a brief recap of what has been covered.

1.) First off I'm going to talk about the position I was in last season with Polska during the playoffs, and this position I have been in this season with Counter. To me at least I thought it would be rather interesting to provide the similarities and differences I've found between them and some other stuff I've seen as well. The Calgary Flames last season did rather good ending the season with a record of 54-15-13 this was good enough to earn the top seed in the western conference. Being the #1 seed out of the west this meant that we got to play non-other than the 2nd wild card which happened to be the Vancouver Canucks. This team was run by non-other then @mamm7216 and @xCounter43x. Counter, of course, the same GM that is running the New York Islanders this season. The Canucks ended up just sneaking into the 2nd wildcard well the Flames made the playoffs with relative ease. The Calgary Flames regular season success is mainly attributed to the success of the west line well only being a 2nd line for most of the season (we later became the first line but this was towards the tail end of the season), and with a skillful eastern first line to do what first lines should do, the playoffs came with relative ease. Although locker room issues were present, to say the least, we were in a good position to win the first round. At this time I still hadn't made it out of a first round and had failed to make it to the second round 4 straight seasons in a row.

2.) For a quick comparison between the similarities that Polska and Counter have between there teams and some other things that you guys might find interesting. First off Polska yet again is the top seed from his respective conference, and is in a good position to win this final , both seasons Polska has been in this position mainly because of the skillful west line he has had which has won more games then most 2nd lines would be expected to (I understand that the connection appears to be the main reason for this). Second Counter is yet again with a team that is the 2nd wildcard that wasn't expected to go the distance (What I heard from most people was basically the Islanders just got a ticket to being swept in the first round after we made it to the playoffs). Where in s9 they actually won the series against Polska in 6 games which took place in the first round. Beating the New Jersey Devils in 6 games as well in the first round. Counter has proved time and time again even with a team that isn't better on paper by any means he can still find a way to win with his back to the wall and do what he does best in the playoffs.

3.) Now to focus on what I’ve seen in the locker rooms for both teams this will be pretty short and sweet as this can be more or less summed up in one word for Calgary for both seasons and in one sentence for New York this season. For Calgary, it can just simply be described as toxic. Where in New York’s case I would say it is best described by non-other than Counter who said “Full heart, clear eyes, CANT LOSE BABY” I couldn't have said this better myself.

Recap: Counter has had a team seeded 2nd wildcard in both matchups where Polska has been first seed in both matchups. In both of these playoff matchups, Polska got to the position he has been in based off having a very effective west line (2nd line) that has performed very well given the salary of the players (Definitely the line this season has been much more effective as they are a cheaper line, and have won more games). On the other hand, Counter has in the regular season barely made it both of these times, coming down to almost the final game of the season to secure a position in the playoffs. For the regular season in both these cases, it's clear that Polska’s team although with what I would consider major DR issues in both seasons has been a powerhouse, to say the least well being rather underestimated at the start of both seasons. They ended both regular seasons in a position where they have been more or less the favourites, in my opinion, to win there series. Where Counter in both seasons has had a good functioning team which didn't necessarily turn any heads during the regular season (due to the fact they were fighting for a playoff spot down to the final night and were normally not actually in a spot during the season). Although in both seasons they have upset the #1 seed of the conference they have been in (Western last season verse Calgary, and New Jersey this season in the eastern conference) they have been much more successful in this season's playoffs than last seasons as they have not only gone past round two but upset the teams most people thought would win the cup, The only one I would say they didn't was the Maple Leafs as they got taken out in round two by the Buffalo Sabres.

There is a lot more stuff I wanted to talk about but with the Stanley Cup finals beginning here very shortly I didn't want to leave this to the last minute so I'm just going with what I have at this moment. This is the first write up I've ever done about the Stanley Cup playoffs so I hope you enjoyed. If you didn't please feel free to hit me with the GG reaction.

PS: Just doing my final edit right now and I realize I've missed a lot of stuff I wanted to talk about but just didn't end up having the time to cover. If people somehow end up liking this I may write a part two, and add in some additional information, if not ill focus my attention on media for season 11.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    nickyP1999
  2. xPolskaaa--92

xPolskaaa--92 Just at the trap

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    Amazing! Good job Nicholas

• Winner Winner x 1
    TrooperPetterson
  3. xPolskaaa--92

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    May I add, Me and Big Freeze wanted to team swap for jerseys in the off season before this season started. Imagine if we would of met that way too.

TrooperPetterson
  4. Anttzy-

Anttzy- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chief#9925
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 244 / -506
    TL;DR

• Like Like x 2
    zChieef
  5. Bazlund

Bazlund Hey

Discord:
    bazlund#0
    Ratings:
    +952 / 50 / -52
    NHL 19

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    bazlund
  6. zRobb-_-

zRobb-_- The Wayne Gretzky of sexual stuff

Ratings:
    +448 / 35 / -101
    I skimmed it, serious waste of time

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    robshere
  7. x_Jedi_x420

x_Jedi_x420 Pew Pew Pew

Ratings:
    +164 / 29 / -13
    Good write up :)

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. matthuot87

matthuot87 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +830 / 231 / -441
    By the way season 9 polska team was his less toxic season ever

No Streaming Account
  9. xDoer3

xDoer3 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xdoer3#0
    Ratings:
    +1,477 / 34 / -102
    Wouldnt doubt you typed this up in 1.5 seconds . ;) jk good write up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. xC Y Rx 18

xC Y Rx 18 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 1 / -7
    Wheres bubblebrah? Who cares

• Like Like x 1
    nothumbsweatyaf
  11. foxpresentation

foxpresentation Well-Known Member

Discord:
    fox presentation#6580
    Ratings:
    +404 / 2 / -1
    Big write up. Unfortunate that you couldn't complete it like you wanted cause it seemed like you wanted to go somewhere with that article.

I'd like the second part to get the full story.Since I was never a part of counter or Polska's team before.

We definitely need more articles from fellow peers.

fox_presentation
  12. BarryWoodsDong

BarryWoodsDong Warning Group

Ratings:
    +577 / 10 / -63
    nah i like nicky ping, fun read!

• Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    double_brah
  13. xPolskaaa--92

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    Bahahahaha

TrooperPetterson
  14. xPolskaaa--92

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    Plot twist me and Nicky were the first line last season in Calgary

TrooperPetterson
  15. nickyP1999

nickyP1999 I'm not superstitious but I am a little stitious.

Discord:
    NickyP#1999
    Ratings:
    +533 / 38 / -64
    I proposed an idea to Polska just awaiting his response.

nickyP1999