Beta feedback/opinions

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Canadian Hockey League (LGCHL PSN)' started by Blackngold37, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Blackngold37

Blackngold37 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +462 / 120 / -199
    What do you think about the Beta? Pros and cons?
    Things you like the most? Least?
    Things youd like to see taken out or added?
    Gameplay feedback?
    Presentation and commentary changes?
    Overall improvements?

No Streaming Account
  2. LxBriinkk

LxBriinkk Stone thumbs

Ratings:
    +389 / 18 / -26
    Give us a few days to get a feel for it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    ibi2iinik
  3. Le_Homie_Yosh

Le_Homie_Yosh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139 / 11 / -72
    Pass are really bad

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Sebastior
  4. LxBriinkk

LxBriinkk Stone thumbs

Ratings:
    +389 / 18 / -26
    Not that bad. Just have to aim your passes for a change. Fuck with your settings. Play with a passing build or put on passing traits.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    ibi2iinik
  5. LxBriinkk

LxBriinkk Stone thumbs

Ratings:
    +389 / 18 / -26
    Can't pass through players like you can in 19. D is front skating easy pass through. D back skating you can't pass through. Less force passes. Makes you use the ice given to you. I like it so far. Played 10 games and can say it's a better game in the realistic standards.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    ibi2iinik
  6. II GlNGER II

II GlNGER II ELEET VS PLAYER HERE

Discord:
    Ginger#1826
    Ratings:
    +769 / 31 / -117
    Anyone who says the beta is bad is because they're on the bad end of the skill gap.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    GeneralGingerBreadNHL
  7. SoxI67I

SoxI67I Moose check?

Ratings:
    +149 / 10 / -24
    Things I really enjoyed from the beta:

Passing is smooth

The hockey itself feels realistic

Goalies actually parry rebounds to the corner instead of kick saving the puck to the middle.

Skating is overall the same which is fine, I liked the skating in 19

Things they need to work on:

While they overall didn’t change skating too much, I found that they made the starting and stopping worse. For instance, as a d man if I stepped to pressure a skater, I couldn’t cut back as quickly as last game. I feel like this is unrealistic to real hockey as quick cuts and pivots are common, but maybe hear from others.

Puck pick up is still ass.

I feel like this far in the beta I’ve seen far less of your “typical” goals which is good it makes the game more exciting. But I’ve seen greasy EA bullshit go in far too much. Wrist shots from the point wheee the goalie in the butterfly opens his legs perfectly. Pucks bouncing every which way funding their way in the net.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    whitesoxman77
  8. KneeLander88

KneeLander88 RD

Ratings:
    +31 / 4 / -3
    Don't think "Skills" has anything to do with that stupid scoreboard blocking the view of Defense/Goaltenders from seeing the puck on dump-in plays or behind the net play. I guess you can technically take out that scoreboard entirely and "Be-One" with the game and auto-sync your mind with the game clock for anything that has to do with time or penalties!!!....

• Winner Winner x 1
    kneelander88
  9. Dradavich

Dradavich Guy

Ratings:
    +126 / 24 / -42
    • It's a little to easy to pick up the puck sometimes, you could be spamming the poke check and then you'll somehow be able to pickup the puck when it's behind you,
    • A.I Goalies are actually good but we all know they'll get nerved after a week because shitty 12 year old HUT Players can't score with cheese shots anymore.
    • Rebounds have been nerfed but are still possible you have to aim the shot much better then you would have to in NHL 19, It's good that goalies actually deflect rebounds away more often then they would overwise.
    • For some reason when you're lagging it's a lot easier to play then would be if you were lagging in NHL 19, It's hard to explain but in 19 button press delay would change Rapidly when the game lag spiked throwing you completely off, but that doesn't seem to be a thing in NHL 20, The Servers seem to be improved but that might be because there are less people playing the beta than there are people playing NHL 19
    • Presentation wise The Scoreboard was awkward at first but honestly once you play awhile you'll get used to it, The new Commentary is way better then the old Commentary and menus look much sharper, the menus in 19 got dull after a month
    • The AI for Versus is still kinda shit, there are several times were the Defense A.I just gets caught flatfooted for no reason and your opponent gets an easy breakaway.
    • The New Shooting is cool it's finally great that you one time it off your backhand, Unforunately for me only my toe-drag shot that i did against ottawa no longer works.
    Overall NHL 20 feels like a pretty decent upgrade from NHL 19, let's hope they don't downgrade again.

• Like Like x 2
    Dradavich
  10. LxBriinkk

LxBriinkk Stone thumbs

Ratings:
    +389 / 18 / -26
    Goalie deflecting the puck to the corner is awesome and all but.... 95% of the time it ends up out of play. That i don't like because it ends in a face off in zone. Might as well bring shitty rebounds back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ibi2iinik
  11. VRain_19

VRain_19 Goalie/ R. Wing

Ratings:
    +407 / 17 / -51
    Wrap around don't work.

No Streaming Account
  12. x-Sin1ster

x-Sin1ster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -1
    I feel terrible for the goalies... You can short side pretty much anything you want if you have a halfway decent shot. However, as far as presentation goes, I like the end of the period replays. My favorite gameplay improvement is the higher rewarded shots for being in a good position for a 1T.

No Streaming Account
  13. Mad_Luigi_QC

Mad_Luigi_QC Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +241 / 14 / -41
    I tried the goalies and didn't have any problems with the short side shots.

spectre173
  14. Mad_Luigi_QC

Mad_Luigi_QC Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +241 / 14 / -41
    Overall, I like the new broadcast even if I will turn it off after 2 weeks, but the replays are cool. I played goalie for the most part and I like the new moves they put to cover the puck or the rebound saves. I don't know if it's gonna be bad for skaters, but for goalies, I see a LITTLE improvement than the 19.

spectre173
  15. Soundguy7

Soundguy7 Active Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 15 / -11
    It’s hard to wrap the boards from behind your own net. I got a delay of game for smashing one off the back of my own net and out of play.
    Also have had the puck fall off my stick when intercepting a pass/shot while holding L2. When I gain possession and release L2 I have lost the puck multiple times.

No Streaming Account
  16. lMike2Dopel

lMike2Dopel LGCHL PSN - S13 Rimouski Oceanic (#2/RW)

Discord:
    mike_yacoub (Kazakhstan Owner)#4200
    Ratings:
    +138 / 21 / -31
    Definately excited for this one if they keep it pretty much the way it is during the beta (wishful thinking) but the only main concerns i feel is the passing speed is a little to slow, just needs to be sped up so not everything is intercepted so easily, wraps are now extremely difficuly to pull off as you will end up just taking a shot at the back of the net unless you make it back around without getting hit or nudged off the puck which 99% of the time when you go for a wrap there are guys all around the front of the net so it makes it extremely difficult to pull it off successfuuly, i feel like the goalies will have it rough the season seen alot of bad goals go on that should be stopped pretty easily from both CPUs or Humans think thats the biggest issue in the game so far, i dont play goalie so not really sure if the goalies are comfortable out there or not but just seems alot more simple out there. Havent really experienced that many glitches or too much lag to the point i couldnt control my guy. Minor issue i think could be fixed is the scoreboard should go back up in 1 of the top corners, dont like it at the bottom. Presentation is alright, commentators are good

mikeyacoub