* New * Beta Roll Back Tuner Feedback?

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by LG-McDonald, Jan 20, 2019.

1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    EA decided to roll back the tuner set to what it was during the beta. It has been out since Friday and I am curious to see what feed back has arose from those of you who have played it.

Here are my quick thoughts:

1. Skating
      • I feel a bit faster on the straight away, but not as smooth laterally like I am use to. Current build size is 5'9-170 (89-89-88)
      • LT(L2) pivots feel a touch more responsive than they do in the current tuner.
      • Overall anything that improves skating and the speed of the game I am good with.
    2. Poke Check
      • This doesn't feel quite like the poke from the beta I remember. With that being said I like how it is in the roll back tuner more than I like it in the current tune.
      • Pokes from behind draw more consistent penalties.
      • Poke check seems to be more of a timing thing or "skill" move as well.
    3. Incidental Conduct - Pucks off Skates etc
      • There is ZERO flow to 6v6 games with the beta tuner do to how easily pucks are knocked loose by skates and sticks.
      • Players simply skate into the puck and draws it lose rather than having to physically press a button to steal the puck.
      • I feel this makes the game feel more "random" and less skill based.
      • I prefer how this is all handled in the current tuner.
    4. Hitting
      • I like how big the hits are open ice and a long the boards. I do feel like hitting is "easier" in the sense that you are sucked into a hit more easily.
      • Bumps from behind were addressed well in the last tuner, therefore how they are in the beta roll back are beyond bearable IMO.
      • I'd love to see open ice hits big like they are in the beta roll back, but with the current tuner's bumps from behind so you can still hand onto the puck at slower speeds.
      • I still think there should be more interference calls on late hits.
    5. Stick Lifts
      • Goes without saying these are broke AF! Current state of stick lift IMO is great.

TLDR; I'd still like to see player speed addressed in 6v6 whether that be via a slider or by increasing the skating attributes by +2 all around. I am a huge fan of the poke check from the roll back, and I'd love to see that get added back to the game. Everything else besides what I already stated is broken in the beta roll back tuner thereby making the current tuner-set IMO far more competitive and enjoyable. My suggestion would be for one more tuner to come out that increases player skating speed, agility and acceleration across all builds and size ranges as well as change the poke check penalty ratio to how it is now in the roll back. Everything else can remain unchanged.

What are your thoughts?

EA as request that we take a survey in regards to the beta tuner. Please take sometime to fill out the survey! Keep in mind that YOU CAN ONLY FILL IT OUT ONCE! Therefore be sure you've experience the tuner prior to you taking this survey! Link --> https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FZMVS62

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial