Media Buck’s Week 1 Super Sixteen

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by IB U C IK, Feb 22, 2019.

1. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 325 / -613
    Hello fellow LGers! This is a revamped edition of Buck’s Power Rankings from Season 31 that failed pretty badly. Hopefully I can make this season’s a little bit better for everyone.

Similar to what they do on NHL.com, each week I’ll be doing a Super Sixteen ranking of teams I personally thought had the top 16 weeks for that week specifically. I will then compare their ranking to the prior week.

**This is strictly opinion based so if you don’t like it, that’s okay because it is my opinion. Salt and hate are most welcome!**

1 - Boston Bruins :team2: (8-0-1)

Leading the charge in Week 1 was the Boston Bruins, boasting a tied for 1st best record of 8-0-1 on the week. Playing in what was a strong Atlantic Division during the week never slowed their scoring down, as they potted 33 goals and only surrendered a league 2nd best 14 goals against. This team was forecasted to be good and after one week, they’ve shown that they are ready to compete.

2 - Ottawa Senators :team20: (8-0-1)

Coming up just shy of 1st this week was none other the “Toxic” Ottawa Senators. Boasting the same record as the Bruins, while also playing in the same division, is nothing but incredible. The Senators are a defensive minded team, it seems, as they have allowed the fewest amount of goals in the league through Week 1 (13). Im sure they will continue their dominance throughout the season with the team that they have.

3 - St. Louis Blues :team3: (7-1-1)

Two words for these Bloos: Draft Champions. The Blues draft strategy was on full display this week, having their top 2 picks go undefeated in Week 1 while their team cruised to a Central-Leading 7-1-1 record. I guess this is a bittersweet reward after the mess of bidding 17.5mil on Azkika but that’s besides the point. They have a solid team, with 2 stellar goalies behind it, so expect much better things from them this season.

4 - Arizona Coyotes :team28: (8-1-1)

The Coyotes coming in hot at Number 4 this week. Being the top team to have played 10 games in the first week, they give a little bit of a “handicap” bonus to other teams. That, however, doesn’t change the fact that they had a spectacular week. Potting a league leading 34 goals and only allowing a 2nd best 14 goals gives them the best goal differential at +20. Gilbz and crew and looking to continue off last season’s Presidents Cup, and only time will tell if they can do so.

5 - Minnesota Wild :team30: (6-3-0)

Rounding out the Top 5 this week is the Minnesota Wild. And Wild is definitely the right word to define some of their games this week (ahem, 3OT 1-0 game - FUCKING WILD). Built off a chemistry team, this team can do some damage. With Holtbeast manning the pipes too, the Wild have a good squad to contend for the Central Division this season.

6 - Florida Panthers :team23: (6-3-0)

The Single Biggest Surprise of Week 1. Poopie Snoopy leading the fucking Panthers to a 6-3-0 start. Snoopy not only led the way with 4 points in the first game of the season against the Rangers, Snoopy himself also has the same amount of points and the same record as self-proclaimed “Best Centre in the Game” Carch. Fucking shitter, more like. Anyway, back to the surprise of Florida, many questions raised to how their drafting went (Really, Bigged?) but it seems to have paid off so far. Hopefully Snoop and co. can continue to prove everyone wrong and make an actual run at the playoffs this season.

7 - Anaheim Ducks :team31: (6-3-0)

Quack Quack. Jakoo and the Ducks off to a hot start this week, posting a 6-3-0 record. The acquisition of Sweet Lou did raise some eyebrows, but with the veteran presence of managers and top players on this team, you know this team is here to compete. I don’t see the Quacks having an off week at all this season. You don’t need to score lots to win and the Ducks are proof of that, with how soundly they are built.

8 - Detroit Red Wings :team10: (4-1-4)

Shocking to most, the Wings came flying in with a below .500 record on the week, but still have more points than the Metro leading Penguins, thanks to those 4 overtime losses. Lots of questions to pose about how this team will look throughout the season and I want to let it play out before saying more about them.

9 - Pittsburgh Penguins :team78: (4-2-3)

The Metro leading Pens come in at #9 on this week’s Super Sixteen. This week was a disappointing one for the Metro, but maybe because the teams are just that good (or that bad). Pittsburgh is another definition of not needing to score much to win games, as they only recorded 21 on the week, while surrending 18. Look for the Pens, amongst other Metro teams to try and come out hot in Week 2 to try and gain some separation from the pack.

10 - Los Angeles Kings :team76: (5-3-1)

The Kings round up the Top 10, coming off a 5-3-1 record in Week 1. This team last season was dynamite from top to bottom, with a couple weak links. This season, it looks like those weak links were replaced and the team looks stronger and better than before.

11 - Toronto Maple Leafs :team1: (5-3-1)

This team on paper looks a lot better than their record shows. Despite going 5-3-1, and Pattelite handing out Ls to anyone who dares face him, I expected the Leafs to at least have a 7 win week. Knowing them, I’m sure they’ll bounce back next week.

12 - Vegas Golden Knights :team676: (5-4-0)

I don’t know much about this Golden Knights squad except that I am thoroughly surprised to managed to push themselves into a respectable position after the first week. One thing I do know, is they sure know how to score goals, potting 28 in the first week! Look for them to continue to score at a high pace throughout the next few weeks.

13 - Montreal Canadiens :team5: (5-4-0)

Now, this is a team that I also expect to have 7 or 8 wins this week, so for the Habs to start slow at 5-4-0 blew me away. Karmuh and the boys are more than capable of handling the competition (until it matters most). For a team that is so defensively minded as the Habs, allowing 24 goals in the first week seems like too much and not right. I’m sure they’ll fix whatever holes they need to for the coming weeks.

14 - San Jose Sharks :team15: (5-4-0)

The Sharks posted an acceptable 5-4-0 record in Week 1. The reason I say acceptable is because they are probably mourning the loss of long time franchisee Sweet Lou. However this didn’t seem to faze the goaltenders, as they allowed a very respectable 16 goals allowed on the week. Talk about stealing games when you team only gives you a 2 goals a game goal support.

15 - Vancouver Canucks :team17: (5-4-0)

Imagine, another back up goalie Owner. It seems to have paid off so far with Dumpit playing 6 games. And then, oh look at that, he is now the AGM too. Management goalie duo? Major wtf. But the Canucks surprised a lot of people going 5-4-0 in Week 1. Lots of question marks on this AHL-caliber heavy roster but only time will tell if they’re ready to play in the show.

16 - Washington Capitals :team14: (4-3-2)

The “money” team, Caruch must be happy he paid Gilleh a handsome amount for him to GM in a virtual league. Gilleh has racked in the money playing in the league over the past year and a bit. Two comments on the Capitals so far: Holy fuck can they score; Holy fuck, do y’all have goalies? 4th worst goals against in the league for a 2nd place in the division team. Not good.

Thanks for reading! Any feedback and comments, feel free to share below!

• Like Like x 18
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    DaYoungBuck
  2. Darse

Darse Knob Jockey

Discord:
    darcykuemper#0
    Ratings:
    +3,362 / 98 / -121
    Sweet* Sixteen... f’kin Candiens

• Funny Funny x 1