Media Buck's Week 2 Super Sixteen

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by IB U C IK, Mar 2, 2019.

1. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,457 / 325 / -613
    Welcome back NHLers!!! This is Week 2's version of Buck's Super Sixteen Power Rankings!

1 – Boston Bruins :team2: (8-1-0)
    Last Week’s Ranking: 1st (No change)

The league leading Bruins are back at it again. After a strong 8-0-1 start in Week 1, the Bruins came flying out with a blazing 8-1-0 record in Week 2. They are dominating the Atlantic, and the league in nearly every stat category. Jer Dubz has done a fantastic job thus far with playing the right guys together, as well as knowing how to score while keeping the puck out.

2 – Philadelphia Flyers :team4: (8-1-0)
    Last Week’s Ranking: Not Ranked

As much as I hate Carch, and hate writing about him, you cannot deny how good his Flyers were in Week 2, also posting a 8-1-0 record. This is a huge thing for the Flyers considering they went 3-6-0 in Week 1. After starting 1-4-0 on the season, AGM Smitty had a monster 5-1-0 week for the Flyers, which is a HUGE contribution to their success. If he continues to post numbers like this, like he did last season, the Flyers should remain at the top of the rankings for a while.

3 – St. Louis Blues :team3: (7-1-1)
    Last Week’s Ranking: 3rd (No change)

Similarly to last week’s writeup, the Blues continue to dominate with their top draft picks. Soto and CM remain undefeated through 2 weeks, combining for 43 points together. The Blues also definitely know how to score, as they lead the league with 68 goals for. That’s a 3.78 goals for per game average, which as a goalie, you love to have in front of you for when you struggle. I wonder who will hand those rookies their first loss of the season.

4 – Minnesota Wild :team30: (6-1-2)
    Last Week’s Ranking: 5th (Up 1)

After last week’s record of 6-3-0, the Wild told themselves they needed more points but were unable to do so with wins this week. Getting 2 points in overtime was a bonus for them though for sure. Wags has always built his teams based off his knowledge of players and their chemistry with others, and thus far, this season is no different. Teams, do beware: Wags does not score goals. He is unable to. However he can pass the puck like no others.

5 – New York Rangers :team12: (6-2-1)
    Last Week’s Rankings: Not Ranked

Similar to the Flyers Week 1, the Rangers went 3-6-0. They definitely turned it around in Week 2, going 6-2-1. Maybe the pick up of Zer0 Tension was the turning point. However, most teams have management that lead by example in the fashion of winning games, accumulating points, etc. This Rangers team, so far, has been an exception to that usual behaviour. For a team that just won the Stanley Cup, there is definitely a lot of growing room through 2 weeks.

6 – Buffalo Sabres :team18: (6-2-1)

Another team that started the season 3-6-0, the Sabres definitely turned it around, also posting a 6-2-1 in Week 2. The classic duo of Honesrule and AT43 are starting to click now and doing what they used to do back on old gen consoles. I still don’t know what the feelings of RoaringViper are on the Sabres, but thus far, he’s holding his own for this squad. Just like the most the Eastern Conference, the Sabres are joining the ever so fun tight race for playoff contention, even after 2 weeks.

7 – Arizona Coyotes :team28: (6-2-1)
    Last Week’s Ranking: 4th (Down 3)

The Coyotes managed to get their 10 game week over with fairly early, getting it over in Week 1. They went 8-1-1 in Week 1, and followed up it with a respectable 6-2-1 record in Week 2. Leading the Pacific in points, and leading the league with the least amount of goals allowed, the Coyotes are clearly getting the defence and goaltending that they desired after losing before their goalies from S31. There really isn’t much to say about this team, they are just very sound top to bottom.

8 – Montreal Canadiens :team5: (6-3-0)
    Last Week’s Ranking: 13th (Up 5)

You look at this Canadiens team, and you can’t help to be impressed by everyone and everything they’ve managed so far. Then boom, that entire 3rd line sitting at 1-5-0 is big yikes. The Canadiens are looking really solid outside of that though, so maybe they are going to manage to make a few moves to ensure that they can actually win games outside of their top 2 lines. Otherwise it’ll be rare to see this team win more than 6 games a week.

9 – Chicago Blackhawks :team75: (5-3-1)* **Pending forfeit reschedule/uphold**

This Blackhawks team posted a 5-2-1 record this week, but actually went 5-3-1 due to a forfeit loss against the Devils. Forfeit to be reviewed still, so this week’s record could obviously change. The biggest thing this Hawks team needs is a DO EVERYTHING AGM. Poor players on the Hawks team were all over the place being scheduled and unscheduled and needing ECUs left and right all week long. It’s quite impressive that they managed to still put up a 5-2-1 record outside of that. The one determining factor going forward is to either have their management more around and involved, or to get themselves an AGM who will do everything for them.

10 – Anaheim Ducks :team31: (5-3-1)
    Last Week’s Ranking: 7th (Down 3)

An underwhelming week for the Ducks, despite still being above .500. The Ducks only went 5-3-1, which isn’t much of a step down from Week 1’s 6-3-0 record, but it is still disappointing in my eyes for what was supposed to be the most solid team rounded out in the LGHL. The acquisition of Sweet Lou seems to continue to pay off for the Ducks, as he has posted a 5-1-0 record thus far and will probably continue to do as he does. This Ducks will surely contest for the lead for the Pacific towards the end of the season, but it is still early and they are working out their kinks.

11 – Toronto Maple Leafs :team1: (5-3-1)
    Last Week’s Ranking: 11th (No change)

The Leafs again posted the same record as last week, going 5-3-1 in Week 2. For me, this team is somewhere weird. They have a lot of top players and then they have a few players that are cusp NHL caliber players. The Leafs are currently holding the last playoff spot in the East, but currently, that doesn’t mean much to me because the East is SHIT. Hopefully the Leafs can either win more games with their top guns and prove me wrong.

12 – Florida Panthers :team23: (5-4-0)
    Last Week’s Ranking: 6th (Down 6)

The Panthers are slowly tracking down to the Poopie Snoopy teams that we are used to. Starting 6-3-0 in Week, and now 5-4-0 in Week 2, it’s only a matter of time before you say the below .500 weeks start to pile up in Florida and then they sadly won’t be on this list of Top 16 teams. Bigged continues to be the surprise shitter on this squad, being 5-1-0. Maybe he can show Snoopy what it’s like to win games outside of Week 1, because otherwise, it’s going to continue to be a long season for Florida. And don’t get me started on the management. It’s like dealing with Cerberus, 3 different heads, all wanting 3 different things. What a nightmare to deal with.

13 – Edmonton Oilers :team11: (5-4-0)

Apparently these Oilers are HOT, according to them. I guess actually going above .500 is a miracle and something to be proud of. I kind of feel for Winston Payne because this team seems to be an utter gongshow. I really don’t think there is much success for this team in the future. They need a lot of help up and down to continue to be successful and honestly, I don’t really see that happening for these guys. They haven’t been making the greatest trades and it shows that they are all over the place thus far.

14 – Nashville Predators :team77: (5-4-0)

This Nashville team looked good at the start of the season, but had a really rough Week 1, going 3-4-2. They turned it around in Week 2, going 5-4-0. Then they made some really impressive moves to get some more talent, including Sbass19. Darcy Kuemper has struggled a bit off the bat, but that doesn’t mean he won’t heat up at any moment. Once Darcy heats up, expect these 5-4-0 record to turn into 6+ win weeks for the rest of the season.

15 – Washington Capitals :team14: (5-4-0)
    Last Week’s Ranking: 16th (Up 1)

Washington’s “PAID” GM Gilleh still leading the charge for this Capitals team that is still doing a lot better than most expected, being currently 2nd in the Metropolitan division. Then again, the division has blown so far for the first 2 weeks, so that isn’t saying much. If any past experience with Caruch tells me anything, he is notorious for trades, setting previous AHL trade records with over 65 trades/season in back to back. I know it is harder to do in the NHL, but I will not be shocked to see the Capitals flipping their guys constantly over the season.

16 – Vegas Golden Knights :team676: (5-4-0)
    Last Week’s Ranking: 12th (Down 4)

As I said last week, Vegas knows how to score. And that was the extent of my knowledge of them last week. Well this week, scoring wasn’t really all there. It’s disappointing because they have some guys that can really light it up and I’m sure they will in the continuing weeks. Managing to go above .500 while not scoring at the same pace as last week is still astonishing, meaning that their defence and goaltending are up to the task when the forwards don’t help out as much as they can. Look for these Knights to continue to sit in the Top 4 of the Pacific for a while.

Thanks for reading! Enjoy!

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
    DaYoungBuck
  2. Zadinaaa

Zadinaaa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +562 / 366 / -275
    Big yikes here :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Zer0 Tension

Zer0 Tension Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 1 / -7
    Maybe the pick up of Zer0 Tension was the turning point.

Can confirm this is true. D4D USA told me so

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Mr Orock

Mr Orock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +240 / 19 / -47
    Good read nice write up uncle buck

• Winner Winner x 1
    wedunkthose